Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
sling Vs Sling shot (Read 4874 times)
LKH9
Funditor

Malaysia
Re: sling Vs Sling shot
Reply #15 - May 22nd, 2006 at 9:20pm

Grin To me, the sling and the slingshot is much like the bow & arrow Vs the atlatl & dart. Grin

IP Logged

Tint
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Hong Kong
Reply #16 - May 22nd, 2006 at 9:35pm

I used to play around with a sling shot as a kid but then I found out that there is nothing primitive about the weapon.  To make rubber that strong requires a lot of technology.  It wasn't untill the 18th centry (firearms were popular by then) that slingshots were made.  The sling on the other hand really rocks considering the time period when it was invented. 

So if you compare the technoloty and effectiveness ratios of the two weapon, the sling would be a sure winner!

IP Logged

Rebel

I love Slinging.org!

Norway
Reply #17 - May 24th, 2006 at 3:28pm

Hi.
I am using both the sling and the slingshot, but with the slingshot it is easyer to hit wath I aim for (on close range.)
In Airgun World Magasine they tryed a Black Widow slingshot, and with a cal 50 lead ball they got a hefty 180 ft.lb. of energy. Shocked
I have used a 16 mm lead ball in my slingshot, and shot through a 15 mm pine plank at 8 meters. It made a BIG hole in that plank. Grin

Kill one, and you are a murder- Kill millions, and you are a conqueror- Kill them all, and you are God.

IP Logged

David

Per Humilis Funda Sic
Validus Gigas Eram Interimo

Upstate NY
Reply #18 - May 24th, 2006 at 6:44pm

Hehe the IORNY!!
My mom wouldnt let me buy a sling shot "too dangerous" but seems to think that a sling is just some wierd toy thingy,

I belive in Miracles, you sexy sling, you sexy sling.
davnasca  
IP Logged

Tint
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Hong Kong
Reply #19 - May 24th, 2006 at 9:50pm

Quote:
Hehe the IORNY!!
My mom wouldnt let me buy a sling shot "too dangerous" but seems to think that a sling is just some wierd toy thingy,

Grin My dad too.  I guess the difference is that I'd never shoot with a sling inside the house but with a slingshot I just might Roll Eyes.

IP Logged

LKH9
Funditor

Malaysia
Reply #20 - May 24th, 2006 at 10:04pm

Using a sling requires a wide space. A slingshot can be used in confined spaces. 8) So, it's not possible to use a sling inside a thick jungle.

IP Logged

MammotHunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Give me a rock, a sling,
and give me some room

virginia, for now
Reply #21 - May 25th, 2006 at 10:02pm

Oh gods, I tried slinging in a thick forest one time....yeah, not something I would ever try again with a sling I value. I spent almost a minute trying to untangle a retention cord from a clump of vines which left it all frazzled and shredded.

Foolish is he who frets at night,&&And lies awake to worry'&&A weary man when morning comes,&&He finds all as bad as before&&-Excerpted from "The Havemal"
palaeoEvolution  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Morphy, Chris, vetryan15, Kick, joe_meadmaker)