Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Rapid Fire Myth or technique (Read 3565 times)
Tint
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Hong Kong
Re: Rapid Fire Myth or technique
Reply #15 - May 24th, 2006 at 9:18pm

Unsapien,

Goodluck with your pratice.  I am not sure how fast an archer can reload but to beat that with a sling sounds like a real challenge!  You plan to use the figure 8 rapid fire?  I find it the easiest and most accurate to shoot with but not necessarily the fastest.

Keep us updated on your progress!

IP Logged

magnumslinger
Descens

I don't sling a thing
if I ain't got my sling!

United Arab Emirates
Reply #16 - May 26th, 2006 at 7:58am

Dear Unsapien,

Nah, I was just doing a little leg-pulling!    Grin  You were not being refered to in that regard, and have NEVER posted anything offensive at all!  You have posed intelligent, and great questions on a subject that is dear to my heart!  I often enjoy a little hyperbole to keep things rolling, and, as you said, you are NOT a "newbie"!  You should have read some of the silly fun Zorrro (ALSO NOT a newbie, but a master slinger!) and I had at each other's expense a while back over how many angels could sling on the head of a pin while blowing off their hands with zip guns!

Actually, I DO wish to call attention to the many varieties of slinging (ESPECIALLY SPEED SLINGING!  It is a real potential hunting and/or self-defense option for people who may need it, and have little other choice.  Therefore, people like lobohunter, Tint and yourself, among others here, are especially important to the survival and development of this vital area of slinging.) and other things, and the fact that different styles are designed toward different ends.  My area of interest is in often somewhat ugly, but nevertheless efficient ways to delivery maximum energy and destruction on a target under difficult and/or serious conditions.  (Your revival of this topic has really made me very happy, in fact!)

Yurek's area of interest is in out-distancing an ICBM using his shoestrings and a lead glande or good stone. (which he does quite nicely, by the way!)

Tint's interest is in blowing us all away by developing, and performing the most amazing precision slinging techniques, including speed slinging techniques, ever seen, and being a true renaissance gentleman of the East.  (Actually, similar to yourself in my case,  perhaps I should ask TINT if any of my silly musings and awkwardly-worded posts have ever annoyed HIM?...I hope not, because he is a really sincere, and nice guy!)

Techstuff's area of interest is learning, and forgetting more about the technology of slinging than most of us will ever know, but sharing as much of it as possible, anyway!.

Lobohunter's areas of interest are many, and varied...including developing slinging weapons and projectiles approximating the effectiveness of an ICBM, and seeking the next level of slinging mastery that is possible, and being there, on the cutting edge of practicality, I think.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg!  There are so many amazing slingers, and things on this site that I like to read about, and ideas that I want to explore here, that every time I get the time to come here, I enjoy musing, joking, asking, arguing, suggesting and listening to everyone's ideas and accomplishments here.  There's nothing wrong with newbies, by the way, really!  They are just a good straw man I have chosen to generalize about, since some of them HAVE, occasionally, annoyed me with certain dismissive, or otherwise "authoritative" statements and comments with which I VERY strongly disagreed, although I AM "forever in debt for their priceless advice"!  Tongue

Thank you for your sincere concern, and nice post, by the way!

Slinging.org people are progressive preservers of pre-historic protective, pantry-packing, and post-paleolithic parabellum practices...and they're also generally REALLY COOL!  Their bootlaces are their arsenal, and the world is their ammo dump!

IP Logged

Yahweh Bless you in Yeshua
Interfector Viris Spurii

Matthew 11:25-30

Reply #17 - May 26th, 2006 at 2:06pm

I'll have what he's having!

Either that or a 'Singapore Sling'!

Smiley

Cheers,

TS

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

magnumslinger
Descens

I don't sling a thing
if I ain't got my sling!

United Arab Emirates
Reply #18 - May 26th, 2006 at 7:53pm

Hey, TS, would you settle for a Hurricane?  I made some the other day when my chairman at work made some great citrus/punch mixture, and gave me the tartest batch, and I added some Cuban rum! Heh, heh! 8)

They turned out pretty good!  Wink

Slinging.org people are progressive preservers of pre-historic protective, pantry-packing, and post-paleolithic parabellum practices...and they're also generally REALLY COOL!  Their bootlaces are their arsenal, and the world is their ammo dump!

IP Logged

Yahweh Bless you in Yeshua
Interfector Viris Spurii

Matthew 11:25-30

Reply #19 - May 26th, 2006 at 8:18pm

I'll loosen Mai Tai and shooter on over!

Hey, stranger things have happened.... Undecided

TS

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

magnumslinger
Descens

I don't sling a thing
if I ain't got my sling!

United Arab Emirates
Reply #20 - May 27th, 2006 at 6:21am

Dear Techstuff,

It's always an honor to be so cleverly PUN-ished by you!  I give UP! Cheesy  NO MAS!  NO MAS! UNCLE!  CALF ROPE!  HA ha ha!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Kick, vetryan15, Curious Aardvark, Chris, Rat Man, Morphy, joe_meadmaker)