Send Topic Print
it's a good thing... (Read 899 times)
siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
it's a good thing...
May 13th, 2006 at 9:16am

the other day, on a spur of the moment desicion, i pulled out one of my slings and handed it to a freind of mine, when he asked what i was doing, i told him that i was teaching how to use a sling.  because we were in the cafeteria of the school before classes started, i also pulled out my hackeysack to use as ammo.  i showed him how to load the sling, and after several failed attempts at trying to fire the projectile, he was starting to get a little frusterated.  when the cafeteria kitchen's big metal door slid open, i walked towards him, as he was focusing on loading the sling, and starting and overhand windup.  i was standing right in front of him at that point, and just as he was looking up and swinging the sling, the hackeysack came crashing down on my collar bone.  it's a good thing that we were using a hackeysack, because if we had been outside using rocks, i might have a fractured collar bone, or at least a nasty bruise.  in fact, i really didn't even feel it that much, so i was pretty lucky.

if you want peace prepare for war&&&&my site
IP Logged

ben_banned
Interfector Viris Spurii

Re: it's a good thing...
Reply #1 - May 13th, 2006 at 12:07pm

Wait you pulled out a sling in school and you werent suspended!?

zero tolerance=zero intelligence

IP Logged

Arkanii
Descens

Get back, I can sling!

Reply #2 - May 13th, 2006 at 3:39pm

I think most of my teachers wouldn't know what a sling is.

BlackSnow28  
IP Logged

siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
Reply #3 - May 13th, 2006 at 5:05pm

as far as anyone at school can tell(unless i have already told them of course) it is just a headband or something.(or at least that is what i can tell them.)

if you want peace prepare for war&&&&my site
IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Reply #4 - May 14th, 2006 at 10:25am

Its not metal. It's not sharp. It's not an explosive. Therefore, it's not a weapon. This is the attitude of non slingers until they see one in action.

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

harryman

love to sling and used
to play paintball

Georgia
Reply #5 - May 14th, 2006 at 4:52pm

I really don't think even if they knew what it was, they could suspend you. i just looked at my school manual. and it says no sling shots, but does not mention slings. i keep a sling with me every where i go, in my pocket, even school.

Ja bin ich deutsch und ich schleudere gern. Ich mag paintball auch.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Chris, Kick, Rat Man, vetryan15, joe_meadmaker, Morphy)