Send Topic Print
bandana sling (Read 895 times)
siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
bandana sling
May 10th, 2006 at 8:24pm

thinking of the old topic discussing using bandanas as makeshift slings, i decided to take a bandana out with me when i went slinging earlier.  i was not able to make it work, but i would like to hear how you guys who have tried it have tried it.  i folded it from one corder to another diagonaly so that it would be something like a strip sling discussed in the goliath project forum.  it was short, and i gripped one corner between my pinkie and ring finger, and used a full hand grip for the retention cord, and using a forefinger and thumb pinch for the release cord.  i loaded it up with a tennis ball, and sort of did an overhand throw, using the sling as an extension of my arm, and throwing that way.  the tennis ball didn't go very far, and i almost loaded it up with a rock to see what sort of range i could get that way, but then i went back to my normal slings.  i will try it out again at a later date.

altogether, i thought that it might work with a little fine tuning, and some time to become more comfortable with the absense of a retention loop.  also, a way of folding it should be developed, because the snap of the release caused the bandana to come unfolded, and it was just a bandana pinched in my hand.

if you want peace prepare for war&&&&my site
IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Re: bandana sling
Reply #1 - May 11th, 2006 at 9:54am

I have had some success with the bandana sling. I usually tie a small knot in the two opposite corners. This helps retain the folded up (rolled up) shape of the bandana a little bit better and makes it easier to hold onto. Keep trying Cheesy

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, joe_meadmaker, vetryan15, Chris, Morphy, Curious Aardvark, Kick)