Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Sling Spies in the Mithradaitic Wars (Read 7881 times)
siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
Re: Sling Spies in the Mithradaitic Wars
Reply #15 - May 15th, 2006 at 6:55pm

i made up a completely random code once, using the japanese figure symbol inserts in wordperfect.  noone would ever be able to figure that one out, especially because one of the characters shares two letters in the english alphabet.

if you want peace prepare for war&&&&my site
IP Logged

Taiki
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't tell my mom i'm
here will you...

belgium
Reply #16 - May 15th, 2006 at 8:42pm

those are easy to break... give it to a person who speaks the language and hell figure it out in no time because if one thinks logically the egyptian alphabet is Extremely complicated and nobody had ever seen it... people speak it these days and that language has been dead for at least 1000 years

Taiki  
IP Logged

CanDo
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

New England, USA
Reply #17 - May 15th, 2006 at 10:52pm

yeah, a monoalphabetic cipher can be broken with great ease..... It may be difficult if you are only sending one word, but if you were to send even a long sentence it wouldn't take much to figure out.

P.S. If you're really interested in this, try this site for the basics.
http://www.umich.edu/~umich/fm-34-40-2/

Edit again:
The final program that we came up with didn't work with letters, it actually functioned on the byte level. Much more secure, and you could encrypt anything.

IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Reply #18 - May 16th, 2006 at 10:58am

The broomhandle code is called "Skytale", and dates back to the Greeks. At the time, it was an uncrackable code. You needed to have two dowels the same size to read the message. Both sides would have multi sizes of dowels to keep people guessing.
  PS. I use this all te time, when I do quests with my Scouts. It drives them totally up the wall.

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark, Chris, David Morningstar, Bill Skinner)