Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
Air Drag On Sling Cords & Pocket (Read 39032 times)
slingmeister
Novicius

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Air Drag On Sling Cords & Pocket
Reply #90 - Apr 14th, 2004 at 11:01pm

mathais,

Thanks for the info, I'm probably not good enough to make that complicated of a sling yet but I will probably try it at some later date. Thats cool how its made of only one piece of twine, nice work!

slingmeister ><>

IP Logged

goblin
Tiro

i sling like the best
of them!

canada
Reply #91 - Apr 23rd, 2004 at 4:10pm

although i havent posted in this topic till now, i like it alot, and i don't want to see it fall into oblivion.... lets keep this one alive. there is so much great stuff in this topic. any other ideas for this topic and different types of slings? i am currently going to be developing some ideas and i want this topic to stay on the general discussion forum 1st page.

IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #92 - May 11th, 2006 at 1:34pm

I have made a lot of thin spider wire slings. One's with netting for a pouch. My first ultra light sling came straight out of cliff savages book. It was made of 100# monofiloment fishing line and hardware cloth as a pouch.
I have given up on theses ulta light slings. for two reasons.
1. I find they only increase my distance by a few feet
I have tested them besides my other slings of the same length made 1/8 leather  jump rope and leather pouch.
2. they usaly tangle so the power gained in short range is negated do to the fact the tangle limits the amount of shots
there by limiting pleasure in target practice. or limiting effectiveness in hunting
Granted if you were in a heated world record compitetion
where a few feet would matter every thing. Then the ultra light sling would be the way to go
For me the small gains of the ultra light sling. Are not worth the amount of pleasure that is lost from this great sport/ hobby of ours.

Albert Scott C bigbadwolf41 77940+hwy+99+south,+Spc+22  
IP Logged

Yahweh Bless you in Yeshua
Interfector Viris Spurii

Matthew 11:25-30

Reply #93 - Jun 17th, 2006 at 11:35pm

Yes, it's true that such cordage can be difficult to work with.....yet it's also true that such difficulties can relatively easily be overcome.  As mentioned before, the tangling issue is easily settled by proper employment of loops in the retention cord to arrest the release cord before such can occur.

As for a nominal distance increase of only a few feet.....I offer the fact that I have experienced an appreciable increase, anywhere between 90 and 200ft.....the highest gains, of course, are realized during extreme distance efforts where the difference in drag quickly becomes more pronounced.

LH is correct in that very thin, virtually zero stretch fibers offer little or no benefit for short to midrange accuracy exercise.

However, I'm certain that they are of appreciable benefit to extreme distance attempts.

TS

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #94 - Aug 7th, 2020 at 12:32pm

-
« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2020 at 4:35am by AncientCraftwork »  

All Glory to God forever and ever, amen

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Bill Skinner, David Morningstar)