Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Bumper Sticker - Only In Good Taste! (Read 7035 times)
magnumslinger
Descens

I don't sling a thing
if I ain't got my sling!

United Arab Emirates
Re: Bumper Sticker - Only In Good Taste!
Reply #15 - Feb 7th, 2004 at 6:47am

I agree!  That's a great looking logo and slogan! 8)

Jean

Slinging.org people are progressive preservers of pre-historic protective, pantry-packing, and post-paleolithic parabellum practices...and they're also generally REALLY COOL!  Their bootlaces are their arsenal, and the world is their ammo dump!

IP Logged

Hobb

Denver, CO
Reply #16 - Feb 7th, 2004 at 11:17am

I love it!  Very cool.

IP Logged

mgreenfield
Funditor

Milwaukee Wisconsin
Reply #17 - Feb 7th, 2004 at 11:19am

Chris, ....that layout & copy is dead-nuts on the money absolutely perfect!  Couldnt be better!   Here are some queries to drive you crazy.   If want me to help, let me know.        mgreenfield

What $$ for a magnetic sign to put on the tailgate of my truck?   14" long would be about right.

What $$ for the same sign  (say 5" long) embroidered or printed on a nice cloth patch to put on an ammo bag, jacket or whatever?

What $$ for just the graphics (in dark brown), and the copy in off-white embroidered  or printed on a nice baseball cap the same darkish tan as the sign background color?

IP Logged

JeffH
Past Moderator

Don't stand behind me,
I'm about to sling!

Memphis, TN
Reply #18 - Feb 7th, 2004 at 5:50pm

First,  I love Dan Bollinger's icon.  I don't know where it came from, but it is as cool as it gets.

Second,  I have a former neighbor who has an embrodery business.  He has done some work for us and it has been acceptable.  I was thinking yesterday about how nice a patch would be to put on my leather bag or a jacket.

Chris,  what do you think about an embridered patch of some sort?

jeff <><

Oh, yeah,  the bumper sticker is looking quite nice!!!!!!!!! I want one.

So David triumphed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone. (1 Samuel 17:50)

IP Logged

Chris
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

USA
Reply #19 - Feb 7th, 2004 at 7:13pm

I designed an embroidered patch before for NARSA

I think a patch would be great.  If someone can do the research and find me the company I should do it with, I'll do it.  We'd also need people to request up front because things get expensive for this small an order.

Again, for things like magnetic signs and the like.  I can supply all the graphics if you want, but research it yourself.  I wish I had the time to take on 5 projects at once, but I don't. 

Post what prices you find online for the all different options.  Everyone can then comment about it and we can move towards actually doing it.  Bumper stickers are much much easier than a t-shirt project.

Chris

IP Logged

Chris

Slinging Rocks!

USA
Reply #20 - Feb 7th, 2004 at 7:15pm

Dan's Icon is actually a cave painting of a supposed Neanderthal (maybe modern Homo sapaen) slinger.   I have larger version kicking around if your interested. 

Chris

IP Logged

JeffH
Past Moderator

Don't stand behind me,
I'm about to sling!

Memphis, TN
Reply #21 - Feb 8th, 2004 at 12:09am

Well,

If I was going to make a patch or a bumper sticker or even a t-shirt, that neolithic cave drawing would be on it.  Way, Way, Way cool!!!!!!

I will check with my source on the embroidery and patches, but what should it look like?  I don't have any graphic design software or I would mock something up.

jeff <><

So David triumphed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone. (1 Samuel 17:50)

IP Logged

Chris

Slinging Rocks!

USA
Reply #22 - Feb 8th, 2004 at 12:52am

Find out some prices.  I image it would be around 3 colors.  We'd be ordering around 40 probably.

Chris

IP Logged

mgreenfield
Funditor

Milwaukee Wisconsin
Reply #23 - Feb 8th, 2004 at 8:23pm

....I really like Dan's neanderthal, too.   It would be a lot of fun printed really big on the front/back of a tee-shirt. 

BUT for communication w "outsiders", my vote still goes for the layout/image Chris shows in his Feb7, 2004, 1:32am post. 

Put me down for 1 bumper-sticker or magnetic sign, 3 patches, and a hat. Cheesy     mgreenfield

IP Logged

Whipartist
Past Moderator

Stone Slinger/Stick Thrower

Sand Creek, CA
Reply #24 - Feb 9th, 2004 at 6:27pm

Howz about these....

Sling:  The original piece of rope for slaying the big dope.

Sling:  Weapon of choice... for those who have no choice.

Sling: Lethal mass orbital acceleration guidance device.

IP Logged

Yurek
Funditor
Past Moderator

The best thing, is a good
sling.

Poland
Reply #25 - Feb 9th, 2004 at 8:26pm

Two cords, a piece of leather - what is that thing?
Just a sling!

Who have the bigest ginger?
Just fearless slinger!

The best thing is my sling!

Sling - poor's canon

In the shape, structure and position of each stone, there is recorded a small piece of history. So, slinging them, we add a bit of our history to them.

IP Logged

Chris

Slinging Rocks!

USA
Reply #26 - Feb 19th, 2004 at 12:31am

I've emailed a good two dozen companies.  All but a few require a minimum of 125, 250, 500 or 1000.  Once you drop into 50 or so, each one gets pricey; $3 or so.  I'm still corresponding with a number of them and will let you know of any progress.  There is one company which looks promising that can produce 100 for $75 (I think) using a digital process (which eliminates the need for screen printing with several colors). 

I'll keep you posted,
Chris

IP Logged

mgreenfield
Funditor

Milwaukee Wisconsin
Reply #27 - Feb 19th, 2004 at 9:55am

And I've talked to a cuple local outfits I know.   Am meeting w one guy this Friday pm & waiting on the others.   Working on BumperStickers, 1.75 x 5 inch patches & baseball caps.   So far, got x1 embroidered patch quote at $2.07ea in qty of 50, w no setup charges, but I spose plus shipping.   More news as it breaks.     mgreenfield

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Chris, Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini, David Morningstar, Masiakasaurus, Rat Man)