Send Topic Print
Gallery page online! (Read 2545 times)
Chris
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

USA
Gallery page online!
Sep 26th, 2003 at 1:02am

I've burned the midnight oil and finished it.  It's online for your viewing pleasure.  I don't have everybody's real name; email me your name so you can get full recognition for your great work.  Also, let me know of any spelling errors, crediting images to the wrong people, or left out images.  If you want to add new images, email me them. 

Let me know what you think of it.  It took me a while to standardize all the heights, but I think it looks really nice now.  You can't enlarge them.  I might add this later, but I'm too tired right now. 

You might notice a second new link on the left, "Textual Resources".  We started a thread on this to collect references and I've put up a page ready to display them.  If someone could scour those posts and the internet and email me all of them in a uniform format, I'd greatly appreciate it.  I just don't have the time or patience right now.  I recommend using the standard MLA citation format. 

http://www.slinging.org/forum2/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=1;action=display;num=10630759...

http://www.hcc.hawaii.edu/education/hcc/library/mlahcc.html

See, I do listen.  Two member proposed ideas now a reality!  What's next people?

Chris

IP Logged

JeffH
Past Moderator

Don't stand behind me,
I'm about to sling!

Memphis, TN
Re: Gallery page online!
Reply #1 - Sep 26th, 2003 at 10:10am

Excellent gallery page.

I had a little trouble locating it though.  From the homepage I had to go to "other websites" first, which was not intuitive for me.

I expect that over time you will end up with more pages in the gallery as new members come along and as our skills and creativity expand.  Who knows, I might get to be half as talented as Whipartist and make something wholly from twine.

Keep up the good work Chris.

jeff <>< - who thinks this site is getting cooler

So David triumphed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone. (1 Samuel 17:50)

IP Logged

Chris

Slinging Rocks!

USA
Reply #2 - Sep 26th, 2003 at 12:12pm

It is accessible from any page.  Just make sure you hit reload (or refresh).  Otherwise you'll just see the old page that is saved in your computers cache.

Chris

IP Logged

David_T
Funditor
Past Moderator

Hooked on Sling'n

Greenville,SC
Reply #3 - Sep 26th, 2003 at 1:57pm

Chris,

Cool!! How do you find the time? I see that you did get the pictures I sent of our "slinging pit" and "George the Roman" our target <who is getting more obuse with each practice session>
As you have time, I will point out that George and the hand with sling and stone should be under David Taylor. If you want you could also post the picture of George at a distance showing what range I am ltalking about slinging from. No rush!!!!!!!!!!

Geat job and as Jeff says, The site is getting cooler and cooler!!

David

IP Logged

Chris

Slinging Rocks!

USA
Reply #4 - Sep 26th, 2003 at 5:52pm

I'll move the pictures under your section and change the heading to your full name when I next edit it.

I didn't include the long distance shot because I couldn't see it at the size I was using. 

Chris

IP Logged

Chris

Slinging Rocks!

USA
Reply #5 - Sep 26th, 2003 at 7:35pm

I've edited the gallery page.

IP Logged

Brent
Tiro

guns don't kill people,
slings do!

charlotte,NC
Reply #6 - Sep 26th, 2003 at 8:41pm

Great! thats awesome.i think everybody is glad there is now a gallery.thsnks Chris

mammut109  
IP Logged

LeonX22

Whack!  Eat stone grasshopper!!!

Michigan, USA
Reply #7 - Sep 26th, 2003 at 10:00pm

Pretty dang cool!

It's nice to see the pics all consolidated into one spot.

Thanks for your hard work chris!

Leon

IP Logged

Whipartist
Past Moderator

Stone Slinger/Stick Thrower

Sand Creek, CA
Reply #8 - Sep 27th, 2003 at 3:23am

AWESOME!!!  Thanks Chris.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, David Morningstar, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus, Rat Man)