Send Topic Print
Hunting with a sling (Read 7221 times)
Mordechaj
Funditor

I love Slinging.org!

zagreb, croatia (europe)
Re: Hunting with a sling
Reply #30 - Jun 23rd, 2006 at 12:46pm

about that kind of hunters i have only red about.

from my, if not first-hand, than from trustable sources, hunters are the armed men that go trough the woods, to the nearest source of liqor.

thay have been known to shoot the wolves (with no justification, not in populated areas, ant they are endangered species), dogs (not wild dogs, or rabid ones, or even the runnaways that do demage in the wild, but domesticated pets, not 10 feet from the leg of it's master, in the rural areas).

i haven't met a hunter whose motive isn't bloodlust, eagernes to destruct something, to kill the first target that he won't be jailed for.

but again, i haven't met much of them either (and i'm not counting you guys here)

- resistance is NOT futile -

IP Logged

Zwiebeltuete
Descens

Fly! Angel, fly!

Germany, near Nuremberg
Reply #31 - Jun 23rd, 2006 at 1:26pm

If a squirrel wins than the modern slinger has wasted some time. If the modern slinger wins, than the squirrel is dead. I don't think is is fair.

I do know only the local hunters. I don't think they drink, but they shoot at everything that moves.

A bush is moving. Somebody shoots, then walks to the bush to look what he has hit. "Oh, only a dog."

They did start hunting direct from our house while hunting within 300m of villages is not allowed. I they did at least aim at a dog within the 300m while children were near.

So to summarize it: I am not amused.

Zwiebeltuete

Slinging since 2005-09-24.
IP Logged

Ęthelbera
Interfector Viris Spurii

Resident Cavegirl

grieving- august 13th/09 :(
Reply #32 - Jun 23rd, 2006 at 2:21pm

Something strange about modern hunters.
The instinct to hunt is bred into humanity, that is not something that can be totally erased but maybe we have forgotten why we hunted?
Its only for some guys to shoot for fun now?

I am going to learn hunting from my uncle when I go to Newfoundland, hunting moose. The people there though, their society is kind of still Hunter-Gatherer type. All people living in a town are related as closely as siblings or as far as 5th cousins and they all hunt and share it with everyone in the town, go fishing and bring fish back to their favourite aunt, go pick mint by the ocean and bring some back to cook a huge dinner with the entire family around. Their society depends on it.

I dont think that is wrong.

...&&Each all must his end abide. august 13th, rip Sad&&Varje man är sin egen konung.
WWW Ęthelbera  
IP Logged

winkleried
Interfector Viris Spurii

Norman Oklahoma
Reply #33 - Jun 23rd, 2006 at 9:57pm

Sigh,
We have those here to,
In my personal opinion what they do isn't hunting it's slaughter pure and simple.
The diffrence between them and me, I can let my target go without pulling the trigger or releasing the bowstring.

Marc Adkins

Quote:
about that kind of hunters i have only red about.

from my, if not first-hand, than from trustable sources, hunters are the armed men that go trough the woods, to the nearest source of liqor.

thay have been known to shoot the wolves (with no justification, not in populated areas, ant they are endangered species), dogs (not wild dogs, or rabid ones, or even the runnaways that do demage in the wild, but domesticated pets, not 10 feet from the leg of it's master, in the rural areas).

i haven't met a hunter whose motive isn't bloodlust, eagernes to destruct something, to kill the first target that he won't be jailed for.

but again, i haven't met much of them either (and i'm not counting you guys here)

The Few...The Proud.....The Slingers&&Sling to live, Live to sling&&I Ain't right
WWW winkleried  
IP Logged

winkleried
Interfector Viris Spurii

Norman Oklahoma
Reply #34 - Jun 23rd, 2006 at 10:05pm

Zwiebeltuete,
You have every right to be unamused at the armed thugs that you experienced. I am sorry that you experienced such louts. Hopefully you have some way to get the law involved, so the experience doesn't repeat itself.

Now to your first point I can see your logic, which is why I am learning to use a sling in pursuit of squirrels and rabbits. If all i was intrested in was the death of the rabbit or the squirrel I would use a modern hunting rifle/shotgun. I do not get much pleasure in such wholesale slaughter. I want it to be very much about me and the individual animal. Is it fair...No sir it is not but Nature in and of itself is oftentimes not fair

Marc Adkins

Quote:
If a squirrel wins than the modern slinger has wasted some time. If the modern slinger wins, than the squirrel is dead. I don't think is is fair.

I do know only the local hunters. I don't think they drink, but they shoot at everything that moves.

A bush is moving. Somebody shoots, then walks to the bush to look what he has hit. "Oh, only a dog."

They did start hunting direct from our house while hunting within 300m of villages is not allowed. I they did at least aim at a dog within the 300m while children were near.

So to summarize it: I am not amused.

Zwiebeltuete

The Few...The Proud.....The Slingers&&Sling to live, Live to sling&&I Ain't right
WWW winkleried  
IP Logged

ben_banned
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #35 - Jun 24th, 2006 at 1:57am

Quote:

We should meet sometime.

zero tolerance=zero intelligence

IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #36 - Jun 24th, 2006 at 5:12am

I guess Ill just resign my thoughts and be like everybody else.Some Regal Lord in his over stuffed arm chair and order the death of slave beast though my local Wendy's. I am too fat and stupid to hunt for my own food like every other creature. After that Ill insult other humans that do hunt.  there must be something wrong with it. because I don't

Albert Scott C bigbadwolf41 77940+hwy+99+south,+Spc+22  
IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #37 - Jun 24th, 2006 at 5:21am

Quote:
I think they were talking about killing for pleasure... I don't know that farmers take pride in killing the farm animals 

no farmers are just doing their job But I bet you take pride in the money you earned when you down to the local hamburger joint  throw down your $1.50 knowing that a cow was killed for you. Omg your so special that you can order the death of a animal but you would never dare take it's life on your own.
thats far below your morals.  I won't kill my own meat but I will sure eat it. what a hypcrit.

IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Reply #38 - Jun 24th, 2006 at 5:59am

I have no problem with people killing animals to eat, either primitive hunter, modern hunter or slaughterhouse style.
I do have my doubts by people who go thropy hunting.

But I hate people who kill needlessly and cruelly and do nothing with the dead animal.

The reason I do not hunt is that I have always lived in an envirronment where the only food animals are farm annimals and there are many people specialized in killing and buthering.
I do not need to do my own killing, because of that I have never learned to do it right, so I rather do not do it at all.

Willeke

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
Bad spellers of the world: untie!
IP Logged

Mordechaj
Funditor

I love Slinging.org!

zagreb, croatia (europe)
Reply #39 - Jun 24th, 2006 at 7:52am

Quote:
We should meet sometime.

quite my tought Smiley

@ lobohunter: chill - i think that willeke has put it good.
if you don't hunt purely fot the pleasure of the kill, or just to show off with a head on the wall, than there is nothing wron with it. the whole point is not to say hunters are bad, but that unnecesary killings of the life in any of it's forms is unjustable.

from what i have get it, you use meat and pelts, and hunting income is part of your budget. nothing wrong with that.

but shooting at a cocker-spaniel and later claiming that you have misktaken it with a wolf, on a plain, from a higher position? (one of the local scandals)
there is no way that you can mistake this:

with this:

or, if you can, than you are not educated enough for a hunter, or you a re badly drunk.
(again, -you- form dosen't mean any of forum hunters, since i got the impression that all of you use as much as possible from your kills)

- resistance is NOT futile -

IP Logged

Gard

Yup, there are slingers
in Norway too!

Norway
Reply #40 - Jun 24th, 2006 at 2:22pm

Some hunters here shot a raindeer (which is very seldom to travel that far south), which they thought was a deer. That is really bad, but they got a fine for it, so I guess they'll look after better next time they're about to pull the trigger.

Gard

You never know what you might get to need, before you need it.

IP Logged

CanDo
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

New England, USA
Reply #41 - Jun 24th, 2006 at 5:28pm

Quote:
quite my tought Smiley

@ lobohunter: chill - i think that willeke has put it good.
if you don't hunt purely fot the pleasure of the kill, or just to show off with a head on the wall, than there is nothing wron with it. the whole point is not to say hunters are bad, but that unnecesary killings of the life in any of it's forms is unjustable.

from what i have get it, you use meat and pelts, and hunting income is part of your budget. nothing wrong with that.

but shooting at a cocker-spaniel and later claiming that you have misktaken it with a wolf, on a plain, from a higher position? (one of the local scandals)
there is no way that you can mistake this:

with this:

or, if you can, than you are not educated enough for a hunter, or you a re badly drunk.
(again, -you- form dosen't mean any of forum hunters, since i got the impression that all of you use as much as possible from your kills)

In any case, why would one want to kill a wolf? I just don't get it.....

IP Logged

Gard

Yup, there are slingers
in Norway too!

Norway
Reply #42 - Jun 24th, 2006 at 5:53pm

As today, when we have all sorts of technology to look after the cattle and sheep, there is no reason to kill a wolf, than for fun. Undecided

Gard

You never know what you might get to need, before you need it.

IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #43 - Jun 24th, 2006 at 7:55pm

tell the rachers in oregon and idaho that there is a huge debate about that going on right now

IP Logged

Taiki
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't tell my mom i'm
here will you...

belgium
Reply #44 - Jun 24th, 2006 at 8:06pm

i just thought of something why is everyone bashing hunters ? fishermen are justas bad  Undecided Nobody asks them why they hurt innocent fish Shocked

Taiki  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, vetryan15, Rat Man, joe_meadmaker, Morphy, Kick, Curious Aardvark)