Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
How about embarassing stories? (Novel related) (Read 6112 times)
solobo

Reno, NV, USA
Re: How about embarassing stories? (Novel related)
Reply #15 - May 4th, 2006 at 1:03pm

Well I have a quite recent story... only it wasn't me that made the blunder, i just took the pain of it... lol anyway I showed a couple of my friends slinging a while back and they've been doing it quite a bit since then... one of them is pretty good at it, and can wing a rock just about as far as i can (150-200 yards on a good day) so we were out in the desert slinging and i was getting ready to take a video of him slinging so i got sortof in front of him about 30 degrees to the right (come to think of it maybe i did make the blunder  Grin) but anyway he wound up and slung a rock about the size of a golf ball and whaddya know it smacked me at a zillion miles an hour right in the chest, so now i have a bruise/bloody spot from a sling stone, my first sling-related accident...  Wink

solobo88  
IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Reply #16 - May 4th, 2006 at 1:18pm

Did you manage to get it on video?
(And did the camera survive the experiment?)

Rapid recovery,
but show us that tape too  Grin

Willeke

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
Bad spellers of the world: untie!
IP Logged

Taiki
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't tell my mom i'm
here will you...

belgium
Reply #17 - May 4th, 2006 at 2:10pm

Nice one Tongue could you describe how it felt to get hit by a stone fired from a sling (where else are we going to get a first on story ?Wink )

Taiki  
IP Logged

solobo

Reno, NV, USA
Reply #18 - May 5th, 2006 at 4:58pm

no, very sadly i didn't get it on tape... he said he wanted a warm up throw... good thing he didn't wait till the real throw to pulverize me...
lol ya first hand story... it was kindof wierd, didn't even know he hit me for a second, just heard a big thud and saw the rock fall to the ground, and then it started hurting, and then i started whining, and it make a big old kindof bloody bruise thing, i have pictures of that it want them.... lol but now it's getting better just yellow and blue bruisy thing lol but i think if it would've hit my head i would have been a lot worse off... kindof makes you think maybe slings aren't so deadly unless they hit the head or a bone... Wink

solobo88  
IP Logged

Taiki
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't tell my mom i'm
here will you...

belgium
Reply #19 - May 5th, 2006 at 6:20pm

i think you where just lucky that was a warmup shot Shocked also the worst kind of pain is the pain that comes a little after the injurie( i guess it has something to do with the nerves being a bit slow) so that really had to Hurt  Undecided

Taiki  
IP Logged

solobo

Reno, NV, USA
Reply #20 - May 6th, 2006 at 10:53pm

lol ya it didn't feel good for sure Wink
pretty much better now though

solobo88  
IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #21 - May 8th, 2006 at 2:53pm

awe I found my post of my most embarrassing sling moment http://www.slinging.org/forum2/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=1;action=display;num=10938143...

Albert Scott C bigbadwolf41 77940+hwy+99+south,+Spc+22  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Chris, Kick, Morphy, joe_meadmaker, Rat Man, vetryan15)