Send Topic Print
new slinging munition (Read 4523 times)
Dale
Interfector Viris Spurii

California, USA
Re: new slinging munition
Reply #15 - May 1st, 2006 at 2:07pm

Altay,
Have you ever read Sam Clemens' essay on the German language?  It is hilarious!  Especially the part where one poor American, beyond belief by the strange word ordering the German language of by frustrated, had but one remedy for his frustration, saying over and over the one word that he was sure of: "Damit! Damit! Damit!" --- until one day he discovered that "damit" translates to English as "thus", whereupon he withered away from despondency...

Oh, wait, this is supposed to be about slinging!  I have tried those Nerf footballs with fins, but it was before I discovered slinging.  My friend's daughters had one of them, and we had a great time playing with it.  I was amazed at how far we could throw it, it seemed too light to fly so far.

No, I don't live in a glass house.&&&&"If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization."&&&&Context matters!  "Nothing but net" is a BAD thing in tennis...
IP Logged

Altay

Romans 8

Gibsonia, PA (USA)
Reply #16 - May 2nd, 2006 at 9:09pm

Quote:
Altay,
Have you ever read Sam Clemens' essay on the German language?  It is hilarious!

I started reading it, but I only got about as far as the first page or so (not sure, I was reading it online). It was rather amusing though. By the way, that name I posted was from a Monty Python's Flying Circus episode (incase anyone was wondering...).

There are 10 types of people in this world:&&those who understand binary and those who don't&&
&&E=mc^2&&Entertainment = mass * (centripetal acceleration)^2&&
&&Bad spellers of the world untie!&&
&&
IP Logged

Taiki
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't tell my mom i'm
here will you...

belgium
Reply #17 - May 3rd, 2006 at 10:05am

we know Wink i'm still boggled about how he got it out without tripping  Shocked

Taiki  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Kick, vetryan15, Morphy, Chris, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, joe_meadmaker)