Obsession (Read 5632 times)
aixu
Novicius

Just walk away When you
hit a window.

Hoorn Netherlands
Obsession
Apr 16th, 2006 at 1:44pm

This is the worst site i ever seen on the internet.
Normal a site gives you information but no this site not.
After reading a couple of guides it starts working in your mind.
Hey even i can make those things.
When you start thinking that it goes wrong.
The last 2 days i spend more time playing with ropes then i ever did in my 21 years of my life.
It starts to get an obsession.
Too bad i must wait till i am at tha archery club so i can trie to sling. (yes i am an fanatic shooter with bow and arrow)
So thanks for stealing my life Tongue
Well i will let you know how the slinging goes.
Thanks for the information.
Aixu

The Window Won't Shout at you.&&The Owner will...
msn:+mjpag@e-garfield.com  
IP Logged

Steven
Interfector Viris Spurii

RaptorIsAsRaptorDoes

Austin, Tx.
Re: Obsession
Reply #1 - Apr 16th, 2006 at 1:51pm

Welcome ! 

It gets worse for a while after about 7 - 8 slings
I' finly settled on a type that I like.

Good luck.

A Curmudgeon@Large Civilly Fomenting Anarchy one post at a time...I don't like it is not a valid reason and Everyone knows is not a valid rule...Hi Ho, Hi Ho Its Off To Work I Go; As Ci-vi-lly As I Can Be Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Hi Ho...
THIS ADVICE IS WORTH WHAT YOU PAID FOR IT.

IP Logged

Dale
Interfector Viris Spurii

California, USA
Reply #2 - Apr 16th, 2006 at 2:33pm

Aixu,

Welcome to our obsession!!

No, I don't live in a glass house.&&&&"If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization."&&&&Context matters!  "Nothing but net" is a BAD thing in tennis...
IP Logged

Taiki
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't tell my mom i'm
here will you...

belgium
Reply #3 - Apr 16th, 2006 at 4:55pm

yup it gets a lot worse after a while Wink you start to think about harder stuff and actually try and think things up how to impress these guy's and start on projects of your own Grin

Taiki  
IP Logged

aixu
Novicius

Just walk away When you
hit a window.

Hoorn Netherlands
Reply #4 - Apr 16th, 2006 at 5:03pm

yeah i see.
I was already trying to climb in an electricitietower to cut some wire from it to make a sling.
But i couldn't find a ironsaw to cut it so you have to wait for that project

IP Logged

CanDo
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

New England, USA
Reply #5 - Apr 16th, 2006 at 8:27pm

it'll start when your walking down the street and think. 'hey that looks like nice sling ammo!'

You know it gets really bad when you're walking around, see some boulder or something and think, 'that would be perfect ammo for a giant to sling'

o and welcome!

IP Logged

sv
Funditor

ireland
Reply #6 - Apr 16th, 2006 at 10:12pm

think it's bad now? just you wait until

you see people on the roof of a tall building and your first instinctive thought is "i hope they don't have slings"

or

you book a family seaside holiday based solely on the advertised presence of a "nearby pebbly beach"

or

whatever you see outdoors in a 100 metre radius will first be seen in respect of precise distance and angle

sv  (FITH)

IP Logged

fishertech
Novicius

*Shifty eyes*

Keene NH
Reply #7 - Apr 16th, 2006 at 11:53pm

My sling obsession has reached an all time high during the past two weeks. I guess I just have to blame the beautiful spring weather for it. Lets say I am walking around town, any nice stones I spot go straight into my pocket for later slinging. And alot of the time I never end up slinging them that day, so they end up congregating on the shelf I toss all the stuff from my pockets before I go to bed Grin But at least my accuracy and power have greatly increased since this obsession began.

Hobbies: Yo-yo, Making maille stuff, Slinging, Archery, Mountain biking, Driving stick, Climbing trees, Airguns, Potato cannons, And electronics.
fischertek23  
IP Logged

Mordechaj
Funditor

I love Slinging.org!

zagreb, croatia (europe)
Reply #8 - Apr 17th, 2006 at 5:22am

Quote:
it'll start when your walking down the street and think. 'hey that looks like nice sling ammo!'

You know it gets really bad when you're walking around, see some boulder or something and think, 'that would be perfect ammo for a giant to sling'

o and welcome!

or, when you think - i need a bigger sling, a few firend's help

this is a pic of a lake-shore where i am slinging

- resistance is NOT futile -

IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Reply #9 - Apr 17th, 2006 at 5:44am

Where is this lakeshore, so who can come and help you sling all of those into the water?
I would love to.....

Welcome Aixu and Fishertech

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
Bad spellers of the world: untie!
IP Logged

aixu
Novicius

Just walk away When you
hit a window.

Hoorn Netherlands
Reply #10 - Apr 17th, 2006 at 6:33am

that is a nice place for ammunition.
too bad i am not in the neighbornhood otherwise i would love to help sling those rocks.

Well i got i think about 80 pages to look of this forum.

IP Logged

Rebel

I love Slinging.org!

Norway
Reply #11 - Apr 17th, 2006 at 8:00am

Looks like you dont run out of stones for the first hour or so Grin
Good luck with your slinging Smiley

Kill one, and you are a murder- Kill millions, and you are a conqueror- Kill them all, and you are God.

IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #12 - Apr 17th, 2006 at 11:17am

welcome aixu and fishertech
I also want to help sling those stones back into the water lol maybe we could have a beach clearing sling fest

Albert Scott C bigbadwolf41 77940+hwy+99+south,+Spc+22  
IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #13 - Apr 17th, 2006 at 8:23pm

Man oh man. I saw that lake shore picture and a great big grin just spread over my face! And they talk about the Dark side of the Force! Roll Eyes

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

Slinger_Man_Dan

My sling is my friend.

Gardner,MA
Reply #14 - Apr 18th, 2006 at 1:27am

Quote:
Man oh man. I saw that lake shore picture and a great big grin just spread over my face! And they talk about the Dark side of the Force! Roll Eyes

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Right you are, bigkahuna! One of the things I really LOVE about slinging.org is when people post pictures of their favorite slingspot so I can do some vicarious slinging!                               
  The picture is nice and clear. I almost feel I can reach into the computer screen and grab a handful of stones!!!                        

Aixu, welcome to the forum. The sling is one of those deceptively simple things that you can keep learning more and more about for a long, long time. ( If you live that long. Please, Puh-leeez! stay off the electric towers! I don't think metal cable would make a good sling and we don't want you to suddenly turn into "fried chicken!" ) Shocked         

Welcome to you, too fishertech, you've come to the right place! I also find myself looking at rocks very differently now. I hope you enjoy the forum and we look forward to reading your posts. Wink               

Mordechaj, what is the name of that beach? Is it called "Slinger's Beach?" 8)                                                       .......Dan

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, vetryan15, Chris, Rat Man, Morphy, joe_meadmaker, Kick)