powerballs (Read 1921 times)
sv
Funditor

ireland
powerballs
Apr 8th, 2006 at 11:03am

have a look at this

www.powerballs.com

this machine has a gyroscope inside it, and it exercises the wrist and forearm in rapid circular precise movements, with a considerable force building up as it's speed increases.  remind you of anything???

i bought one a week ago and went slinging today. the difference in power and accuracy is very noticeable, to put it mildly.  it's a big step up after only a week of training. 

this thing is condensed essence of slinging... the seemingly effortless improvement to my slinging is almost beyond belief.

buy one today

sv      

IP Logged

CanDo
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

New England, USA
Re: powerballs
Reply #1 - Apr 8th, 2006 at 11:09am

cool, thanks, i remember that these were mentioned a while ago, but nice to hear they actually work!

very cool. how many min/hours per day did you train? I think i may pick one of these up or try to borrow one.

EDIT: Their website claims that it can help with arthritis, which I know that some of you have... may want to look into it.

IP Logged

sv
Funditor

ireland
Reply #2 - Apr 8th, 2006 at 11:46am

it works - at 15 minutes per arm per day the arms feel the effort. no mortal could run it for that time continuously except at low rpm. as a test of strength you can set the little computer thing to record over 90 seconds and believe me that's more than enough.  there's a digital readout of rpm on the side, and the object is to get a high score. to do this requires speed and co-ordination of small circular wrist movements and the gyroscope makes it feel like a heavy rotational weight.  the faster it spins the more force is required to make it spin.
it's a perfect exercise for slingers.

sv

IP Logged

Yahweh Bless you in Yeshua
Interfector Viris Spurii

Matthew 11:25-30

Reply #3 - Apr 8th, 2006 at 11:57am

Yes, Dynaflex products are worth their weight in gold.

TS

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

fi3l2
Descens

Nothing is Impossible
to a Willing Mind!

State College, PA 16802
Reply #4 - Apr 8th, 2006 at 12:59pm

just bought one

didnt bother to buy the pro one tho, dont really care how fast its goin as long as it is working good

hopefully this helps improve my hand grip strength, im a sucker for being able to crush ppls hands with a good hand shake( i currently am able to do so to most ppl.. but stronger is better  Tongue)  i know... im evil  Undecided

IP Logged

Unsapien

"Sling your words like
cannon balls."Vari, M.Twain

Davis, Ca
Reply #5 - Apr 8th, 2006 at 1:56pm

EDIT: Their website claims that it can help with arthritis, which I know that some of you have... may want to look into it. [/quote]

I have serious doubts about a wrist excercise being able to influence arthritis. Asteo Artritis comes to mind, and such movment would seem to exaserbate such a problem.

I have toyed with one of these before they are alot of fun!

-Unsapien

AaronMGutierrez  
IP Logged

sv
Funditor

ireland
Reply #6 - Apr 8th, 2006 at 3:06pm

arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome and RSI - powerball will cause them all i fear. my hands are twisted blistered claws already but i can't put the damn thing down
but by christ and all the saints it gives punch to your slinging

sv

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #7 - Apr 9th, 2006 at 10:28am

They are a good bit of kit - I wore mine out as I used to take it out with me walking the dogs before I got back into slinging. So the cheapish ones if used for approx 1 hour a day (obviously you alternate hands, but the idea is to keep it going continously for as long as possible) will last for about 8 months. By which time the bearing have worked loose and it's a bugger to get up to speed.
Came across someone who had one of the electronic ones that reckoned it had a max rev of 10'000 and counted. Got 9300 out of it :-)

Want to work out your shoulder. get one up to humming speed and then stick your arm out straight at shoulder height and try to keep it going with arm rather than wrist movements. You'll be surprised how quick it starts to hurt :-)

Regular use will strengthen grip, forearms and wrists.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

fi3l2
Descens

Nothing is Impossible
to a Willing Mind!

State College, PA 16802
Reply #8 - Apr 10th, 2006 at 9:58pm

Great to know, I have an old high school football injury to my shoulder (American Football,  dislocated it on a kickoff return... not fun).

Really looking forward to getting mine and see what it does. I bought the 250hz ones, they say can get over 15000RPMs with the top being over 16k so far. Hopefully this will help my shoulder regain some more flexability.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Kick, vetryan15, Morphy, Rat Man, joe_meadmaker, Chris)