Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Has Putfile Found Out!? (Read 1234 times)
Tito

Australia
Has Putfile Found Out!?
Mar 29th, 2006 at 10:14pm

Hey guys!
im not sure whether you already know this; but Putfile has disabled the right-click function when viewing their videos Angry. the result of this is we (or i if it is just my computer) can't right-click, select "view source" and copy the direct link from there and in the end, save the video.

Tito

That's one small sling for David. One giant headache for Goliath.&&The safest place to stand when I sling, is right in front of me!

IP Logged

fi3l2
Descens

Nothing is Impossible
to a Willing Mind!

State College, PA 16802
Re: Has Putfile Found Out!?
Reply #1 - Mar 30th, 2006 at 10:41am

you actually dont need to right click to get to the page source, in Mozilla Firefox you can just goto View (on the top bar) and then click Page Source, even doin a CRTL+U will in effect get you to the page source.
In Internet Explorer, its essentially the same thing, you just goto View, then source.

This only gets u the source tho, you'll have to scavange through it to find the link to the vid or pic ur looking for Smiley

Hope this helps ya

IP Logged

CanDo
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

New England, USA
Reply #2 - Mar 30th, 2006 at 6:57pm

also, some browsers have an option of browsing through the media, which also gives direct links, which might be a bit easier for some of us.

in firefox: go to tools, page info, then click the tab that says 'media'

IP Logged

Tito

Australia
Reply #3 - Apr 2nd, 2006 at 10:15pm

thanks, i use internet explorer, so i guess i'll have to use the View on the toolbar, and then click 'source'.
btw, i found out another way to copy the videos, just to to temporary internet files and find the video. Roll Eyes
Tito

That's one small sling for David. One giant headache for Goliath.&&The safest place to stand when I sling, is right in front of me!

IP Logged

Altay

Romans 8

Gibsonia, PA (USA)
Reply #4 - Apr 5th, 2006 at 1:29am

Incase anyone isn't familiar with HTML, just search for "embed" in the source. When you find something that says "<embed src=" the next area will have some sort of video or flash content. You can usually tell what it is by its name and extention.

Quote:
btw, i found out another way to copy the videos, just to to temporary internet files and find the video. Roll Eyes
Tito

But it takes a long time looking through the folder unless you just cleared your cache... It's much easier to just find the source by doing a search for <embed> tags.

There are 10 types of people in this world:&&those who understand binary and those who don't&&
&&E=mc^2&&Entertainment = mass * (centripetal acceleration)^2&&
&&Bad spellers of the world untie!&&
&&
IP Logged

Tito

Australia
Reply #5 - Apr 6th, 2006 at 1:06am

Quote:
But it takes a long time looking through the folder unless you just cleared your cache... It's much easier to just find the source by doing a search for <embed> tags.

no, if you had just left the page you can easily find it by 1 of 2 ways. either you sort the files in the Temp Internet Files folder by the date accessed, and then look for it there, or you just sort the files by TYPE and then find the video files with the url with Putfile in it.
Tito

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Morphy, joe_meadmaker, Kick, Curious Aardvark, vetryan15, Rat Man, Chris)