Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My Slings (Read 3102 times)
Tito

Australia
My Slings
Mar 28th, 2006 at 9:42pm

Since i have only just found out the right way to post images (I was always copying the wrong link Embarrassed) i thought that i would share some of my moth-balled pics. enjoy

A simple, 3 strand braided sling.

A tennis ball sling based on MikeGreenfield's design.

Quick sling made from an old badge i had lying around.

another nylon webstrapping sling.

My first netted sling, made about 2 weeks ago.

another pic of the netted sling.

yet another nylon webstrapping sling.

this pouch is made with the rope-ladder knot shown. and i use it for throwing golf balls long range.

A sling i made for my friend.

the 1st nylon strap sling that i made. it was also the sling which i hit myself on the leg with once and got a whopper bruise.

the very first sling i made. but unfortunately i lost it somewhere about 3 months ago and haven't seen it again Sad

easily my most used and loved sling, it was the second braided sling i made. currently it looks a lot worse because of all the use it has been getting. The cord is worn and the pouch is nearly falling off . i find that 150 - 170 cm is the best length for a normal sling.

I used to use this for throwing golf balls until i found out that one side of the pouch is a bit longer than the other, by two braids. now it is just used for normal rocks.

A while ago (about 1 year) there was a thread about 2 cord slings, i think. it was there that i got the designs for both these two slings. they are both made of 5mm lawnmower starter cord and the first one just has the ends seized together for the pouch. the last one has a bowline for the pouch and a figure 8 knot for joining the release cord.

I have made at least 25 slings within the past year and most of them i have given away to friends who hopefully are using them, so i can’t post pics of them too but most of them were the same design as the medium sling and my favourite sling.

Tito

That's one small sling for David. One giant headache for Goliath.&&The safest place to stand when I sling, is right in front of me!

IP Logged

CanDo
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

New England, USA
Re: My Slings
Reply #1 - Mar 28th, 2006 at 9:52pm

wow, that's a lot of time... I only have four or five slings.

They all look very nice, thanks for posting them. Where'd you get all that Nylon pouch material and the grommets?

IP Logged

Tito

Australia
Reply #2 - Mar 28th, 2006 at 10:01pm

the nylon material i had lying around the house, but you can buy it from almost any hardware store in the section of strapping and/or ropes.
the gromets i bought at a market (40 2-part sets for $2) but you can also buy them at most hardware stores.

That's one small sling for David. One giant headache for Goliath.&&The safest place to stand when I sling, is right in front of me!

IP Logged

Taiki
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't tell my mom i'm
here will you...

belgium
Reply #3 - Mar 28th, 2006 at 10:23pm

Thats one hell of a lot of slings  Shocked i only have 3 slings and only one of them is seeing 'regular' use funny enough it was the first one i made since i joined ???

how does that ropeladder sling hold its ammo tito ? i might make that one if it holds ok (i'm bored at the moment)

Taiki  
IP Logged

Tito away

Reply #4 - Mar 28th, 2006 at 10:41pm

the rope ladder knot holds golf balls really well, the only times a golf ball has fallen out was when the slign accidently touched the ground during windup. (it is one of my longest slings in usage)

Tito

sorry for not replying as i normally do (as a member), but even though the thing says im logged in, when i click on the forum topics, where it normally says Hi tito, you have ...messages or whatever, it has the normal Welcome guest, please log in or register. funny really, because only a few minutes ago i was posting without a glitch. Undecided

IP Logged

Taiki
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't tell my mom i'm
here will you...

belgium
Reply #5 - Mar 28th, 2006 at 10:43pm

hmm i hope that gets cleared up soon me i'm going to get me some rope  Roll Eyes Darn a person can get bored at 20 to 6 in the morning Tongue
« Last Edit: Mar 29th, 2006 at 2:51am by Taiki »  
Taiki  
IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Reply #6 - Mar 29th, 2006 at 11:08am

Great to see 'all' your slings, Tito, and I hope you enjoy using them.

Willeke

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
Bad spellers of the world: untie!
IP Logged

Tito

Australia
Reply #7 - Mar 29th, 2006 at 4:43pm

thanks willeke. each and every one of them gets used nearly every weekend and the only problem is with the release cords or the pouch, which sometimes wear out due to over use 8)

i think the glitch was something random, cos now i can post normally again. still no idea what happened though. ???

IP Logged

harryman

love to sling and used
to play paintball

Georgia
Reply #8 - Apr 1st, 2006 at 10:51pm

The rope ladder makes wonderful slings for tennis balls. Just make the "steps" about 3 inches long, and space each one about 4-5 inches i think. what i did was, tie the first ladder step place the ballup against it and pulled the string where i wanted it and tied the second. Now i gotta make it outta bags!  Grin

Ja bin ich deutsch und ich schleudere gern. Ich mag paintball auch.

IP Logged

Tito

Australia
Reply #9 - Apr 2nd, 2006 at 10:11pm

Quote:
The rope ladder makes wonderful slings for tennis balls. Just make the "steps" about 3 inches long, and space each one about 4-5 inches i think. what i did was, tie the first ladder step place the ballup against it and pulled the string where i wanted it and tied the second. Now i gotta make it outta bags!  Grin

yeah, the rope ladder knot works for anything spherical. the only thing i haven't tried it with yet is real stones. Grin

Tito

IP Logged

gmasterodie
Novicius

I love Slinging.org!

Reply #10 - Apr 15th, 2006 at 4:45am

sry,i dont like the style of those slings Undecided Embarrassed Undecided

IP Logged

Gard

Yup, there are slingers
in Norway too!

Norway
Reply #11 - Apr 15th, 2006 at 11:56am

Nice slings! Especially the netted slings! Shocked
I've also made a couple of ladder slings, they're really nice for golf balls!

Gard

You never know what you might get to need, before you need it.

IP Logged

Tito

Australia
Reply #12 - Apr 17th, 2006 at 9:00pm

Quote:
sry,i dont like the style of those slings Undecided Embarrassed Undecided

so what style do you like? comments welcome so i can improve them 8)
Tito

IP Logged

Altay

Romans 8

Gibsonia, PA (USA)
Reply #13 - Apr 17th, 2006 at 9:12pm

Yeah, your netted sling is beautiful Shocked. I made one, but it really didn't cup anything... Undecided

There are 10 types of people in this world:&&those who understand binary and those who don't&&
&&E=mc^2&&Entertainment = mass * (centripetal acceleration)^2&&
&&Bad spellers of the world untie!&&
&&
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: joe_meadmaker, Chris, Rat Man, vetryan15, Morphy, Kick, Curious Aardvark)