Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hey Lets get some new guides! (Read 1258 times)
Oliin
Novicius

I love Slinging.org!

Hey Lets get some new guides!
Mar 27th, 2006 at 10:31am

You know, I have really learned alot from the presently existing guides,BUT, I need more input!    I know we got more than enough of info if we put our heads together. I for one would really like to see a guide to making afully braided sling, braided, cords,and a fully braided pouch. Just thought I say that as its been bugging me for awhile.

Take care guys, Oliin. Cheesy

IP Logged

Tumakas
Descens

I'm slinging in the rain!

Las Vegas, NV
Re: Hey Lets get some new guides!
Reply #1 - Mar 27th, 2006 at 12:54pm

Dude, there's a already an existing article on how to make a fully braided sling, it's called "How To Make a Braided Sling".

redleadersb HypapinoyskadA  
IP Logged

Taiki
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't tell my mom i'm
here will you...

belgium
Reply #2 - Mar 27th, 2006 at 12:57pm

or zorro's medical tape sling tutorial somewhere in the forum (still love him for making it Grin)

Taiki  
IP Logged

Gaius_Opius_Fugi
Tiro

I love Slinging.org!

Reply #3 - Mar 27th, 2006 at 1:40pm

How about a woven pouch W/braided strings sling tutorial?  Maybe some on how to reproduce specific original slings such as King Tut's, since the pictures don't provide enough information to make an exact original yourself?

Cheers,
Adam

IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Reply #4 - Mar 27th, 2006 at 1:50pm

In this thread there is a photo of a sling with braided strings and a woven pouch. http://www.slinging.org/forum2/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=1;action=display;num=11398728...

And here you find some links for making slings:
http://www.slinging.org/forum2/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=1;action=display;num=11347532...

Willeke

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
Bad spellers of the world: untie!
IP Logged

CanDo
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

New England, USA
Reply #5 - Mar 27th, 2006 at 6:41pm

well i'm always up for a challenge, advanced tutorials make things too easy Smiley

just give it time and practice... you'll learn more and be more satisfied.

haha, yeah. we should have more tutorials Smiley. anyone up for making an article go ahead. I can't braid good slings...the plastic bag one in another thread was actually the only one that i've  twisted/braided.  but if anyone needs to know something about wood working, I could try to help.

IP Logged

Gun
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Slinging  Viking

The Ozarks of Ark & Mo
Reply #6 - Mar 28th, 2006 at 7:17pm

Quote:
You know, I have really learned alot from the presently existing guides,BUT, I need more input!    I know we got more than enough of info if we put our heads together. I for one would really like to see a guide to making afully braided sling, braided, cords,and a fully braided pouch. Just thought I say that as its been bugging me for awhile.

There is the articles section of this website that has some braiding information on it.

http://www.slinging.org/articles.html

i hope that this helps

"A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" Old Nordic Proverb

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Morphy, Kick, joe_meadmaker, Chris, Rat Man, vetryan15)