cinch pouch (Read 1122 times)
dork
Funditor

I feel Smurfy when I'm
smurfing!!!! You too?

In Beautiful Wisconsin
cinch pouch
Mar 24th, 2006 at 9:15pm

I see a lot of slingers are using leather pouches or braided and woven pouches. One of the best slings I ever made had a pouch that would cinch shut like a purse. I made from two pieces of denim sewn together. The shape was classic ovel, I sewed the two long sides then turned it insideout for a clean looking seam. I then slid one cord through each open end inside the pouch. I would tie each cord to the opposite cord after they were pulled through the pouch. Once the cords were tied I sewed a sleave for cord to keep them  spread ( like a hooded sweatshirt). Just like a hood when you let go of the strings the pouch opens rigt up. It's a pain to make but can be used to throw anything. With the same pouch i've thrown a single marble,cobs of corn,softball, chunks of wood,and hand fulls of pea gravle(sounds like rain) anyone else ever try this. Biggest bonus is that you can actually run with a loaded stone the weight keeps it cinched I only once had it not open and that was tangled strings

IP Logged

Tint
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Hong Kong
Re: cinch pouch
Reply #1 - Mar 24th, 2006 at 10:11pm

Sounds really cool!  I didn't think it would work. Undecided

Can you show a picture please?

IP Logged

Dale
Interfector Viris Spurii

California, USA
Reply #2 - Mar 25th, 2006 at 12:39am

I second the request for a picture!  Man, the number of times I have dumped my rock while walking through weeds...

No, I don't live in a glass house.&&&&"If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization."&&&&Context matters!  "Nothing but net" is a BAD thing in tennis...
IP Logged

dork
Funditor

I feel Smurfy when I'm
smurfing!!!! You too?

In Beautiful Wisconsin
Reply #3 - Mar 25th, 2006 at 2:19pm

I would love to send pictures but I have to see if I can get my wife to help me figure out how. I'm am really bad with computers. I  can barely navigate this web site. If you think about it, it is not that hard to figure out how to make one. I'll still try to send photos

IP Logged

Altay

Romans 8

Gibsonia, PA (USA)
Reply #4 - Mar 25th, 2006 at 8:34pm

Shouldn't "dork" be good at computers? I thought it was a prerequisite... Roll Eyes

There are 10 types of people in this world:&&those who understand binary and those who don't&&
&&E=mc^2&&Entertainment = mass * (centripetal acceleration)^2&&
&&Bad spellers of the world untie!&&
&&
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Chris, joe_meadmaker, Morphy, Kick, Rat Man, vetryan15)