Send Topic Print
Sling in Xena (Read 1543 times)
Tint
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Hong Kong
Sling in Xena
Mar 24th, 2006 at 9:39am

I just saw Xena slung a rock at a Titan on DVD.  It was on first season, show #6 titled "Titans".  It was a quick shot but sling footage none the less. Cheesy

IP Logged

Chaotic Rage

Vous etes saoul!

Re: Sling in Xena
Reply #1 - Mar 24th, 2006 at 11:38am

That's awesome! I knew Xena was a good show but now it's even better. Was it the whirl-around-the-head style, or a different one?

&&
Roychipoqua  
IP Logged

Tint
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Hong Kong
Reply #2 - Mar 24th, 2006 at 10:22pm

correction: It was edpisode #7.

Chaotic Rage,

Yes, it was a whirl around the head style.

IP Logged

chaosmage

I love Slinging.org!

Reply #3 - Mar 24th, 2006 at 11:50pm

Whirl around the head multiple times is alot more dramatic, like most fight coreography. Whenever I've seen a sling in a movie, it's all been whirled around alot.

IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Reply #4 - Mar 26th, 2006 at 10:41am

Yeah, well that's hollywood for you. As a reenactor, sometimes I laugh at the fighting techniques on movies screens.
  My favorite one was a swordfight, where one held his sword over his head horizontally ( with bare hands) to block the blow of the fighter bringing down his sword, which he swung like an axe!
   Of course, there was no blood.

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

CanDo
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

New England, USA
Reply #5 - Mar 26th, 2006 at 2:32pm

hah, well that's what would most likely happen if you gave two modern people off of the street swords..... just a lot more blood. this is a chicken or the egg sort of thing though.

IP Logged

Tito

Australia
Reply #6 - Mar 26th, 2006 at 7:34pm

In the movie Shrek 2, Shrek uses pinochio as a sling.

That's one small sling for David. One giant headache for Goliath.&&The safest place to stand when I sling, is right in front of me!

IP Logged

Taiki
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't tell my mom i'm
here will you...

belgium
Reply #7 - Mar 26th, 2006 at 7:37pm

really ?  Shocked i saw that movie..never even noticed Undecided must have been when i dropped my popcorn or something... Tongue

i don't really like xena all that much anyway's the first few seasons where nice but then they really started useing all sorts of stories and myths that didn't really work like that and then she began to travel and met that guy who was suposed to be jezus or something  Undecided Really killed the fun for me at that point

Taiki  
IP Logged

Tito

Australia
Reply #8 - Mar 26th, 2006 at 9:09pm

it was near the end at the party and Shrek slings pinochio at the fairy god mother to steal her wand. it was only a brief view, about 2 seconds in total.

That's one small sling for David. One giant headache for Goliath.&&The safest place to stand when I sling, is right in front of me!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Kick, joe_meadmaker, Rat Man, Morphy, vetryan15, Curious Aardvark, Chris)