Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Pocket Clip Sling Grip (Read 14824 times)
siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
Re: Pocket Clip Sling Grip
Reply #75 - Apr 8th, 2006 at 11:07pm

spike-if your having that much trouble, maybe you should check out the trading forum and work out a deal to get yourself a nice sling in trade for whatever you have.  just put out and offer and you should get and offer soon.

if you want peace prepare for war&&&&my site
IP Logged

sv
Funditor

ireland
Reply #76 - Apr 9th, 2006 at 6:59am

chemtrails?? what's next, slinging for chupacabra? pah!

sv

IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #77 - Apr 9th, 2006 at 7:43am

I hear they're delicious with a dash of hot sauce Roll Eyes

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #78 - Apr 9th, 2006 at 10:18am

lol well I've been too quick to jump to judgement in the past. These days I like plenty of proof - either way- before I start calling people paranoid :-)

And anyone who can look at the current us government and think: 'honest bunch of nerks, can't be anything dodgy going on here'. Certainly needs to think again :-)

Snow ball slinging. Yeah well winter in england consists mainly of horizontal sleet/rain/hail (much like spring if today is anything to go by) plus it's dark when  I walk the dogs and bloody cold.

But I'll certainly work on some heavy mitten sling grips for next winter :-)
The grip shouldn't be a problem, but the release string might take a bit of thought - my winter gloves are very thick floppy woollen things that look like tellytubby fingers and have all the gripping ability of them as well. But they are warm :-)
All I need now is a country where it stays light and doesn't rain every time I take the dogs out :-) 

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Yahweh Bless you in Yeshua
Interfector Viris Spurii

Matthew 11:25-30

Reply #79 - Apr 9th, 2006 at 11:10pm

Quote:
These days I like plenty of proof

An increasingly rare quality.....The vast majority of working class hive drones like as little proof as they think they can get away with.....

Kind of a desperate 'Plausible Deniability' thing....

Light on the 'plausible' and heavy on 'Denial'.

TS

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

sv
Funditor

ireland
Reply #80 - Apr 10th, 2006 at 6:42am

sadly a large proportion of PEOPLE are unskilled in critical thinking, and believe any total nonsense without discrimination.
astrology, spiritual mediums, gillette mach 3 giving better shaves, and the Book of Revelation are mainstream drivel. chemtrails, belief in fancy handgrips, and belief that verbosity implies intellect are not mainstream. they are examples of superstition nevertheless.   

"i'm glad i'm too clever to be one of those dronezzzzzzzz" 

you idiot

sv    

IP Logged

Taiki
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't tell my mom i'm
here will you...

belgium
Reply #81 - Apr 10th, 2006 at 7:11am

i resent that i do belive in spiritual mediums (But notthe ones who charge Wink ) the rest ain't that believeble butthe handgrip seems to be very cosy indeed...

Taiki  
IP Logged

sv
Funditor

ireland
Reply #82 - Apr 10th, 2006 at 10:17am

mediums tend to charge (or should i say they tend to trick vulnerable people into parting with money) they are liars, experts in cold-reading techniques. professional mediums have been known to send agents to visit the victims before-hand to get details, or secretly listen to their conversations as they line up to enter the theatre.   
actual ghosts or "spirits" are notoriously hard to find if you are of a scientific outlook, or reasonably level-headed.   
ancient examples of hand-grips are just as hard to find -  can anyone prove me wrong?  ancient slings aren't found with handgrips because they are detrimental to accuracy.  no-one made them; none have been found.  no-one has illustrated them in art, or written about them in accounts of battle as far as i can determine. 
swivels weren't  used because they are bound to sap power - they remove the torque supplied by the cord as it untwists when released.
it may look cosy, but it is a waste of time except as an exercise in craftsmanship (or self-indulgence)
the time spent making this object d'art would be better spent practising with a real sling.

sv

IP Logged

Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #83 - Apr 10th, 2006 at 10:59am

Quote:
swivels weren't  used because they are bound to sap power - they remove the torque supplied by the cord as it untwists when released.

Seems alot of things are 'bound' to sap power  these days.

Quote:
belief that verbosity implies intellect

Quote:
i'm glad i'm too clever to be one of those dronezzzzzzzz

Quote:
you idiot  

Indubitably!

Thanks for the SV intellectual reality tour......Short yet revealing, as always.

TS

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

Taiki
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't tell my mom i'm
here will you...

belgium
Reply #84 - Apr 10th, 2006 at 12:01pm

nice lower sig TS but euhm saying god did it doens't cure cancer or aids  Undecided or am i mising a sarcastical message here  Embarrassed

Taiki  
IP Logged

Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #85 - Apr 10th, 2006 at 12:18pm

You weren't missing it, Taiki.   At least on a subconscious level.  It was a quote.  Not exactly famous, more infamous.

TS

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

Taiki
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't tell my mom i'm
here will you...

belgium
Reply #86 - Apr 10th, 2006 at 12:20pm

i wonder why  Shocked

Taiki  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, vetryan15, Kick, joe_meadmaker, Chris, Morphy)