Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
slinging, hiking, and camping (Read 1336 times)
harryman

love to sling and used
to play paintball

Georgia
slinging, hiking, and camping
Mar 20th, 2006 at 10:30pm

Ahh! just got back from the Apalachin wilderness from northern Georgia and South Carolina. Beutiful country, and plenty of stones! i was on a 17 mile scout backpacking trip and i snuck my favorite leather and para chord sling!(I'm talkin the real wilderness too, we were at least 50 miles from any paved road) ha, all of the scout masters were too pooped at the end of the first day, they didn't even bother to see what i was doing on the top of a near by mountain ridge with a friend. wow i've never got to sling so much at one time, and i was amazied how far i could sling stones under hand. but then again i was also on top of a mountain and slinging off of it so it may seem to have gone farther. i was also amazed with the diferenced with wind. if you have a tail wind you can throw so much farther. All the rocks i used on the trail were very smooth because they hade been walked on so many years so they were all near perfect size, density, and near foot ball shaped.

Ja bin ich deutsch und ich schleudere gern. Ich mag paintball auch.

IP Logged

Kold
Ex Member

Re: slinging, hiking, and camping
Reply #1 - Mar 21st, 2006 at 12:20am

That sounds cool, I just got back from an Asatru camp out for Ostara. It was so fun, I sold 2 slings and taught the ppl how to use them. 2 more addicted to slinging. So many more to go.

Loki

IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Reply #2 - Mar 21st, 2006 at 11:42am

Those are my 3 favorite things in the world. Cheesy
   I always have my slings with me when I go out with my Scouts.

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

SlingWolf

Guns dont kill people...
Magic missles do!

Kenmore, NY
Reply #3 - Mar 21st, 2006 at 11:51am

I never go hiking  Cry

I want to... But nobody i know really goes hiking Sad

Grin SlingWolf Grin

Ask not what you can do for your sling... But what your sling can do to an armored knight on horseback at over 50 yards! Shocked

IP Logged

Taiki
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't tell my mom i'm
here will you...

belgium
Reply #4 - Mar 21st, 2006 at 1:34pm

why do you need anyone to go hiking with? just head out  Grin

Taiki  
IP Logged

Unsapien

"Sling your words like
cannon balls."Vari, M.Twain

Davis, Ca
Reply #5 - Mar 21st, 2006 at 5:18pm

Hiking is a lot of fun. I feel a great sense of freedom while doing it. You really are out there, and can disconnect from your daily stresses. Hiking is not reckless abandon however, so make sure you plan well. Little things can become big problems, and can ruin your trip.

If you can't find someone to go with you, make sure people know where you generally are and when you are expected back. Be serious with them, and ask them to remember.

It is important that you leave an itinerary with someone, when hiking alone, or with friends. When planning a trip, this process can help you plan better and even be fun.
I hope you get your boots dirty.
-Unsapien

AaronMGutierrez  
IP Logged

MammotHunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Give me a rock, a sling,
and give me some room

virginia, for now
Reply #6 - Mar 21st, 2006 at 7:45pm

I felt a little nervous this weekend when I went hiking, because I went out, in direct violation of my #1 outdoors rule, "Never go out without a knife." Obviously, nothing happened, but a good knife will always lend a sense of comfort and can be an invaluable tool. But, I did have my choice of 5 slings on hand and so rocks were slung, and fun was had. I even managed to take off a tiny overhanging branch near a lake with a slung stone. Couldn't retrieve it to examine the breakage pattern, but that's one less vicious twig in the world, now!

Foolish is he who frets at night,&&And lies awake to worry'&&A weary man when morning comes,&&He finds all as bad as before&&-Excerpted from "The Havemal"
palaeoEvolution  
IP Logged

SlingWolf

Guns dont kill people...
Magic missles do!

Kenmore, NY
Reply #7 - Mar 22nd, 2006 at 3:45pm

I might go hiking soon... if I can find someplace nearby to go.... and i will bring the SSS!
Sling, sword, and most importantly.... SNACKS!

Grin SlingWolf Grin

Ask not what you can do for your sling... But what your sling can do to an armored knight on horseback at over 50 yards! Shocked

IP Logged

SlingWolf

Guns dont kill people...
Magic missles do!

Kenmore, NY
Reply #8 - Mar 22nd, 2006 at 3:47pm

Dont take me as a murderer... by sword i mean knife... maybe...[glb][/glb]Muahahahaha

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: joe_meadmaker, Morphy, Kick, vetryan15, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Chris)