Send Topic Print
Sticky Sling? (Read 973 times)
SlingWolf

Guns dont kill people...
Magic missles do!

Kenmore, NY
Sticky Sling?
Mar 19th, 2006 at 9:44am

I dont know why it started... but when i throw a rock with my sling, about half the time it doesnt come out until its flying out behind me Angry. I don't think i did anything different to change where the rock would release... I used my friends sling (which is almost exactly the same) and i was doing fine... Cry

Can someone tell me what is wrong with this thing??   ???

Thanks   Grin

Ask not what you can do for your sling... But what your sling can do to an armored knight on horseback at over 50 yards! Shocked

IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Re: Sticky Sling?
Reply #1 - Mar 19th, 2006 at 9:52am

Slingwolf,
it can be many things, all of them small.
I do not say that any of them is the reason, but without seeing the sling, and you slinging, I can not say which is true.
So try to change a few of the things till it does change.

Maybe you release later than you think you do, try to release before you think you need to.
Maybe your rocks are just too small for your pouch, try bigger rocks.
If your sling is made with sticky tape (or medical tape) it can really be sticky, and a bit of powder, or sand, will get in the tape and release the rock better.
If nothing seems to work, different kind of slinging style, like rotating horizontal or vertical instead of what you do now.

Good luck.

Willeke

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
Bad spellers of the world: untie!
IP Logged

SlingWolf

Guns dont kill people...
Magic missles do!

Kenmore, NY
Reply #2 - Mar 19th, 2006 at 9:58am

Cry Cry Cry

I figured it out... I looked for what you told me... but i found it. I believe when i was releasing, it was getting cought on a small piece of leather or something hanging off. Once i cut the leather piece off it was working fine..

Thanks anyway, I inspected the sling for the stuff you said and i believe i found the problem... one second going to try...

Grin Grin   It works! thanks man

Ask not what you can do for your sling... But what your sling can do to an armored knight on horseback at over 50 yards! Shocked

IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Reply #3 - Mar 19th, 2006 at 10:10am

Embarrassed
Uhm,.... woman....

I hope it works.

Willeke

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
Bad spellers of the world: untie!
IP Logged

SlingWolf

Guns dont kill people...
Magic missles do!

Kenmore, NY
Reply #4 - Mar 19th, 2006 at 10:24am

Woman... okay....   Lips Sealed  *makes a mental note* i'll remember that.

Thanks

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, vetryan15, joe_meadmaker, Rat Man, Chris, Morphy, Kick)