Send Topic Print
simple string sling (Read 1022 times)
harryman

love to sling and used
to play paintball

Georgia
simple string sling
Mar 12th, 2006 at 12:54am

I love when things work that are so simple. For some reason the simplicity of things intrigues me. but i cant seem to get the thing to work as well as my woven slings. does anyone know a little secret or something?

I would guess the key is to have the center string to have a good deal of slack compared to the outer strings.

I'm just trying to make one this way because it's so easy and it's the best way to get one of them to sit downd and make one themselves, and all of them are ADHD and ADD so they have no pacience for weaving Cry
being a guy that likes the feel and look of a woven sling over other slings, this i find is greatly depressing, but if i could just get them hooked.

So far they are all impressed with how far i can lob something and how simple it is. if i could just get them to make their own and quite stealing mine!

Ja bin ich deutsch und ich schleudere gern. Ich mag paintball auch.

IP Logged

Tint
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Hong Kong
Re: simple string sling
Reply #1 - Mar 12th, 2006 at 1:19am

What did you just say? ???

can you run that by me again, please? Undecided

I am not sure what you want.  There are many ways to make simple slings.  Yurek Have started quite a few threads on his designs, Lobohunter have illustrated Krollslinger's design and used it to great effect, Zorro's medical tape design have created a strong following.  They are all very easy to make if you have the materials handy.  I guess the trick is to hold the rock secure during wind up.

(I would give you the links to them but something is not right with my computer and it is suddenly very slow.....)

IP Logged

harryman

love to sling and used
to play paintball

Georgia
Reply #2 - Mar 12th, 2006 at 4:19pm

if you go to the guide on the homepage, and it's the third one down, a simple string sling  http://www.slinging.org/42.html
any way, i just want to be able to make one that simple for some of my friends. i don't want to waste good hemp or leather, or whatever on someone that may not enjoy slinging. just something easily made in a minute or two.

IP Logged

Chaotic Rage

Vous etes saoul!

Reply #3 - Mar 12th, 2006 at 4:31pm

There is a thread that is a couple days old, right here:
http://www.slinging.org/forum2/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=1;action=display;num=11419374...
They are easy to make, once you learn the knot, and only need cord or rope to make a pouch, not leather. You may be able to get your friends hooked without using up a lot of your money this way.

&&
Roychipoqua  
IP Logged

harryman

love to sling and used
to play paintball

Georgia
Reply #4 - Mar 12th, 2006 at 5:32pm

thanks, that helps out allot. i think i'll make ones similar to the medical tape one, or maybe just a simple string sling with bolines for the pouches knots.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: joe_meadmaker, Rat Man, Morphy, Chris, vetryan15, Curious Aardvark, Kick)