magic sling (Read 2606 times)
dork
Funditor

I feel Smurfy when I'm
smurfing!!!! You too?

In Beautiful Wisconsin
magic sling
Mar 5th, 2006 at 1:44am

Recently I've been thinking. What is the obsession with slinging? I figured it out, it's the magic of the sling. The magic that comes from having a simple device consisting of two cords and a pouch. What other device allows you to throw almost anything wiyh deadly force. There is no need to construct any special ammo. It leaves all the skill to the slinger, no special sights, or settings. Just pure converted human power passed down two cords and packed into a pouch holding whatever. At the slingers will all the harnessed power is unleashed in one swift and calculated swissshhh. Tell me that doesnt feel like magic. Nothing else can do that. You make it from scratch and it has tornado fury.

IP Logged

Stenny
Funditor

Don't laugh at me, I can
sling in every direction!

Re: magic sling
Reply #1 - Mar 5th, 2006 at 8:56am

It doesn't feel like magic. It feels like... slinging. OK, sling is very funny to use(pun intended), but magic? No. Magic is having enough accuraccy to actually hit something with a slung stone

Slinger, martial artist, knife thrower, blowgunner and general weirdo since 1998.&&Proud owner of official Zombie hunting permit and scars to prove it's worth.&&Underestimating a fighter or a weapon is the surest way to make plastic surgeons happy.

IP Logged

Tint
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Hong Kong
Reply #2 - Mar 5th, 2006 at 9:01am

I thought of the video game "street fighter 2" reading this thread.  It really didn't matter who win the fights when it first came out, it was who could shoot the fire ball and sonic boom that counted.

Playing with the sling is a bit like that, being able to attack from a considerable distance with that much power feels almost supernatural.

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #3 - Mar 5th, 2006 at 9:40am

I feel the magic when i hit something Smiley Sometimes i have lucky days where i hit almost every thing i aim for, but most days i just suck.  Grin

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #4 - Mar 5th, 2006 at 12:24pm

Yeah, the real magic is in hitting something first try. Tongue

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

Matthias
Past Moderator

Gatineau/Ottawa QC, Canada
Reply #5 - Mar 5th, 2006 at 12:25pm

I just like being able to throw things *really* far! People used to be able to throw further than me - now who's the King? 8)

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #6 - Mar 5th, 2006 at 3:10pm

jurick  Grin just kidding haha

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Matthias
Past Moderator

Reply #7 - Mar 5th, 2006 at 3:51pm

Grin I meant *locally*... And Mike lives too far away - he can be King of the valley...

IP Logged

Unsapien

"Sling your words like
cannon balls."Vari, M.Twain

Davis, Ca
Reply #8 - Mar 5th, 2006 at 9:12pm

Hmmm, so who is your street-fighter expressed slinging identity?
Sonic

Booom!

-Unsapien

AaronMGutierrez  
IP Logged

harryman

love to sling and used
to play paintball

Georgia
Reply #9 - Mar 5th, 2006 at 11:16pm

Gil
Ha, ya i was raised off that game from snes(super netendo entertainment system) that makes me feel old, and i'm not even 20 yet

Ja bin ich deutsch und ich schleudere gern. Ich mag paintball auch.

IP Logged

Kold
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Mar 6th, 2006 at 1:25am

Which Valley are you talking about, Matthias?

IP Logged

Matthias
Past Moderator

Reply #11 - Mar 6th, 2006 at 10:54am

I'm up in BC, Canada - in Vancouver. The next closest slinger lives further east up the Fraser valley a bit. As long as he doesn't decide to expand westward...

Matthias

IP Logged

person3

maryland
Reply #12 - Mar 9th, 2006 at 3:39pm

The magik is the disapearing stone trick.

your sling when you realize the stone your using is gone. You look behind you an realize that the jogger who is laying on the ground is "clummsy" because there was no other way whe could get such a huge lump on his head ??? ???

"you have to be a little bit skeptical or else you'll start believing in things like UFOs or elves or income tax rebates."-Monk&&
rocket idiot  
IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #13 - Mar 9th, 2006 at 7:30pm

darn clummsy people! always falling down when i sling! on the bright side my stone must fly so far and so fast that i cant see it in flight! Im like a super slinger man!  Grin

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

person3

maryland
Reply #14 - Mar 10th, 2006 at 3:36pm

Im slinging a super ball when sudenly my younger brother falls down and grabs his but in pain. AND i get in trouble just because i was slinging.  I mean, I was already in a bad mood. I couldn't find the supper ball i was slinging Cry    Cry

"you have to be a little bit skeptical or else you'll start believing in things like UFOs or elves or income tax rebates."-Monk&&
rocket idiot  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: vetryan15, Kick, Morphy, Chris, joe_meadmaker, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man)