Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Headband/Bracelet/Armband Sling (Read 4704 times)
CanDo
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

New England, USA
Re: Headband/Bracelet/Armband Sling
Reply #15 - Mar 11th, 2006 at 5:44pm

Ha, Well I just remembered that the whole point of Prusik knots is that they're adjustable. By sliding the knots as though I were going to sling a basketball, it wraps perfectly around my head twice and the toggle holds in the fingerloop just by the tension. Perfect headband, and no knots. Can be undone with one hand. Of course, It would be hard to pass it off as something other than a sling, but for an actual battle, would be perfect.

IP Logged

Altay

Romans 8

Gibsonia, PA (USA)
Reply #16 - Mar 14th, 2006 at 3:32pm

That looks awesome (and REALLY easy). Now I just need to find some paracord... Wink By the way, I doubt anyone would recognize that it's a sling. Half the people I know couldn't tell a sling apart from a... well... anything, really. Especially one that doesn't have a little leather pouch.

There are 10 types of people in this world:&&those who understand binary and those who don't&&
&&E=mc^2&&Entertainment = mass * (centripetal acceleration)^2&&
&&Bad spellers of the world untie!&&
&&
IP Logged

Taiki
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't tell my mom i'm
here will you...

belgium
Reply #17 - Mar 14th, 2006 at 3:40pm

yup nobody i know figured it out either a friend of mine thought it was a gag Undecided i could kinda see what he meant but still Undecided

Taiki  
IP Logged

SlingWolf

Guns dont kill people...
Magic missles do!

Kenmore, NY
Reply #18 - Mar 19th, 2006 at 9:26pm

Thats nice... but i prefer to keep it on a belt or in my pocket much simpler Smiley

Ask not what you can do for your sling... But what your sling can do to an armored knight on horseback at over 50 yards! Shocked

IP Logged

CanDo
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

New England, USA
Reply #19 - Mar 19th, 2006 at 10:57pm

Hah, I definitely wouldn't wear one of these around on my head, but someone (I think Tint) mentioned it in another thread, so I decided to give it a try. Definitly wear it into battle though Smiley

Another thing I decided to give a try, is handles. They're more like industrial zipper pulls really. If you Monkey chain both cords at the same time tightly, these slings shrink down to about four inches of stiff, thick cord. Looks quite cool and there is not even a hint of a fleeting chance of suspecting that it's a sling.

IP Logged

Taiki
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't tell my mom i'm
here will you...

belgium
Reply #20 - Mar 22nd, 2006 at 5:14pm

well like i said i just cary it around with me yesterday i went for some fun on the playground/footballfield/basketballfield right across from where i live just No one got the clue i saw some guy looking weird as to say what is that you have i wished i was close enough to hear what he said when i let my first one fly Tongue

Taiki  
IP Logged

Unsapien

"Sling your words like
cannon balls."Vari, M.Twain

Davis, Ca
Reply #21 - Mar 24th, 2006 at 3:04pm

The last 3D shoot I went to I carried my sling wrapped obliquely across my chest. This was inline with the small pouches straps I was using to carry ammo. I think it worked nicely.
Using a simple braided sling.
I wrapped it around me and then fed a bight through the retention loop, and then another bight into that (Highwayman's hitch)
All I have to do is pull the drawloop, and pull forward, and I'm ready to go.
The bowmen at my range were pretty impressed with the range I got on my simple sling, and I wore the sling across my chest like a badge. Grinning  the whole time.
This style of carrying the sling is simple, and looks pretty good if you have a braided sling. =P

-Unsapien

AaronMGutierrez  
IP Logged

siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
Reply #22 - Mar 24th, 2006 at 5:42pm

with a simple string sling i wear for a belt when my belt won't fit through the beltloops of my pants i pull the release cord through the retention loop and tie two half hitches back onto the release cord.  this is inconspicuous and works well if you don't have a belt.  of course, if you were using it to hold your pants up, your pants would fall down when you went to use the sling.

if you want peace prepare for war&&&&my site
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: vetryan15, Morphy, Chris, Kick, joe_meadmaker, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man)