Send Topic Print
Compost Cannon (Read 1053 times)
harryman

love to sling and used
to play paintball

Georgia
Compost Cannon
Feb 17th, 2006 at 3:35pm

i couldn't think of a better name. but i made a sling out of nylon chord and it was one of the ones off the guide for making a golf ball, tennis ball, etc. Well small apples and tangelos, pottoes, onions. you name it i slung it. we were cleaning out the fridge today and all the old brused compost was going to get thrown away to the compost heep. So i decided to take the round things to practice slinging. And they all work amazing. i got some crazy distances off a couple apples. I don't recomend doing this often though, it may get expensive. but if it's getting thrown out, why not? Try it

-Harryman

Ja bin ich deutsch und ich schleudere gern. Ich mag paintball auch.

IP Logged

Chaotic Rage

Vous etes saoul!

Re: Compost Cannon
Reply #1 - Feb 17th, 2006 at 3:40pm

I do that a lot! It's fun. Beets work good if you are about to throw them away. They are the right size, shape, and splat red on things well, like a puddle of blood  Sad Smiley.

&&
Roychipoqua  
IP Logged

Castle7

I'm on fire today!!

GR, Michigan
Reply #2 - Feb 17th, 2006 at 3:48pm

Apples are fun!! In the summer and fall, there is an apple tree on the way to my slinging spot. So I'll pick up a couple on my way.

If I build it, they will run.&&-Mikeel&&&&

IP Logged

Conteilboos
Descens

USA, Arizona
Reply #3 - Feb 17th, 2006 at 3:51pm

Sounds fun!!!
I live in Arizona so I sometimes sling the little yellow guava things that grow on the tops of barrel cactus.
They arent very heavy so they dont go far, but when I sling them at something hard...Boy do they splat!!!

-Hound-

IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Reply #4 - Feb 20th, 2006 at 9:55am

My favorites are the big horse chestnuts we get around here in the fall. Its amazing that at 100 yards, the spiny husk stays on them. Wouldn't want to be on the recieving end, though.

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

Unsapien

"Sling your words like
cannon balls."Vari, M.Twain

Davis, Ca
Reply #5 - Feb 20th, 2006 at 7:38pm

Funny I slung some Oranges not even 20 min ago! I was helping my GF dad in the backyard, and there were some fallen oranges, i happend tohave my sling in my pocket, and "Shoowm Splat!" they make a satisfying impact.

Ok gonna go sling some tennis balls with my GF at the park. (w're bringing the dog.
Unsapian

AaronMGutierrez  
IP Logged

Unsapien

"Sling your words like
cannon balls."Vari, M.Twain

Davis, Ca
Reply #6 - Feb 20th, 2006 at 11:04pm

Poor dog! He's not as young as he used to be. A sling isn't thr most forgivable launcher for an old pooch. Throws far without getting the slinger tired.

Now if you wanna see a confused dog, Switch tennis balls with water ballons! LOL

AaronMGutierrez  
IP Logged

Conteilboos
Descens

USA, Arizona
Reply #7 - Feb 20th, 2006 at 11:28pm

That's gotta be quite the sight!
I slung an orange at a large cement tube the other day and I can say that I didn't know oranges could split sooooo many ways. Grin  It also left a large splat mark on the tube.

-Hound-

IP Logged

harryman

love to sling and used
to play paintball

Georgia
Reply #8 - Feb 24th, 2006 at 11:58pm

hah, i just threw an apple 80 meters at my neighbors bird house and i hit the bottom of it! There is no way i could do it again, believe me i tried, but i think that is the coolest thing. i cant wait till it warms up so i can start launching water baloons too.

Ja bin ich deutsch und ich schleudere gern. Ich mag paintball auch.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Chris, joe_meadmaker, vetryan15, Kick, Rat Man, Morphy)