Send Topic Print
jeans sling (Read 577 times)
slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
jeans sling
Feb 16th, 2006 at 2:48pm

I read about this in Backwoodsman magazine a while ago, and finally got around to trying it.
  In a pinch, the inseams of jeans can make an emergency sling. Just follow the seam up until you get to the crotch. There, you can cut out the pouch, them continue down the other leg seam, and voila!, a sling!
   I made one out of an old pair and tried it. It was only good for about 30 yard, and could only fire off small stones, but it would probably be good enough to hunt small game. Squirrel and rabbit come to mind
    Of course, you ruin the pants, and if thats the only pair you have, well, then, I wouldn't think it would be worth it. Cry

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
Re: jeans sling
Reply #1 - Feb 16th, 2006 at 3:17pm

that's a pretty cool idea.  if i had a pair of old jeans with a hole in the knee or something, i would use that sling idea, and use the rest of the material for a new ammo pouch.  mine is pretty small. Wink

if you want peace prepare for war&&&&my site
IP Logged

ben_banned
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #2 - Feb 16th, 2006 at 4:42pm

That was my first sling I used it for golf balls.

zero tolerance=zero intelligence

IP Logged

Unsapien

"Sling your words like
cannon balls."Vari, M.Twain

Davis, Ca
Reply #3 - Feb 17th, 2006 at 12:42am

Now that what I call exposing yourself to new ideas.

Feeling
drafty
at all?

AaronMGutierrez  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Kick, Morphy, vetryan15, joe_meadmaker, Chris, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man)