Send Topic Print
Is it me or the site? (Read 1334 times)
Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Is it me or the site?
Feb 15th, 2006 at 7:52pm

it seems like when i click on a topic and look at it when i go back  (i dont use the back button i use the link to general) to general the topic still says new

also it does not seem to put my posts in the last ten. Sad

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

CanDo
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

New England, USA
Re: Is it me or the site?
Reply #1 - Feb 15th, 2006 at 8:12pm

it's your browser

your browser (probably internet explorer?) is just loading the information it already knows. Well I hate internet explorer so won't tell you how to fix it. Ok, i'm not telling you because i don't know how (other than clearing your cache).

So, get firefox it's FREE. http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

Firefox is 10000000 times better than IE, I promise. you won't get pop-ups or spyware, everything loads a lot quicker, and it's much nicer to look at.

if it has the same problem (or you're already on firefox), all you have to do is hold the "shift" button down when you click on the link, and it will load the new version of the page for you (this might also work in IE).

Get Firefox now! no, don't put it off for later. or to look into later. just do it!  Grin Grin
Sorry, it took a lot to convince my friends to switch (until they saw it for themselves), so i'm anticipating some resistance  here Tongue.

hope that helps

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #2 - Feb 15th, 2006 at 8:53pm

Roll Eyes i have fire fox Grin

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #3 - Feb 15th, 2006 at 8:55pm

hmm seems to be fixed now ???

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Matthias
Past Moderator

Gatineau/Ottawa QC, Canada
Reply #4 - Feb 15th, 2006 at 9:06pm

If you go forward and then back to a page you've already seen, most browsers just show you the original page. This is actually done on purpose, since you don't need to wait (and pay money) to download the same stuff over again. With most websites being static, it makes a lot of sense. Hit "refresh" and it will show you the up-to-date page.

If you want to fiddle, you should be able to set the interval that firefox allows before it rechecks the page. It will be under your preferences somewhere, perhaps where the history setting are kept. It might also work to set your cache space to 0, but that's pretty crude...

Matthias

IP Logged

CanDo
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

New England, USA
Reply #5 - Feb 15th, 2006 at 9:13pm

and to clear the cache (for that page) while refreshing, just to be safe, hold down 'shift' while clicking it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Masiakasaurus, David Morningstar, Rat Man, Chris, Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini)