Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Re: bottle slinging?
Reply #15 - Feb 14th, 2006 at 3:43pm

The bottle sling looks great, but the video is when it is not whirling. Does is work as a sling too? And is it tricky to open at the right moment?

Nice clocks, but it must be hard to sleep when they do ring.

Willeke

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
Bad spellers of the world: untie!
IP Logged

Taiki
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't tell my mom i'm
here will you...

belgium
Reply #16 - Feb 14th, 2006 at 4:33pm

i don't doubt i would work but i don't really like the design (to techy for me) maybe one of de kestro's might work ?

#edit# btw nice clocks indeed  Grin

Taiki  
IP Logged

Gard

Yup, there are slingers
in Norway too!

Norway
Reply #17 - Feb 14th, 2006 at 4:45pm

It does work when hurling too, it was just easier to film like that.
I'm not really sure if it released at right moment, but when I was slinging (I was slinging just to test it, like just...slinging) it worked well.

I've got used to the clocks, so I don't hear them. It's worse sleeping without them... I love my clocks, even though it's much work, I'm really happy to have them. Some of them have to be pulled up twice a day, so I've got that habit that I every morning when I get up, pull them up.
I buy them cheap, because when the oil dries out, people think that they just dont work. So when I buy them, I get them cheap, use an hour to oil them, and once in a while I check them and make them go right. Not much work, but really fun.  Roll Eyes

Gard

You never know what you might get to need, before you need it.

IP Logged

siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
Reply #18 - Feb 14th, 2006 at 5:05pm

that looks really great.  i would have never thought of a design like that.  i was trying to figure out some sort of molded pouch, with an upside down Y type string, on strand to each corner.  i couldn't figure out how to make it though.  this sling would work for alot of other things too i think.  like launching small missiles or something.  or maybe for launching several tennis balls at once.  awesome idea.

if you want peace prepare for war&&&&my site
IP Logged

Gard

Yup, there are slingers
in Norway too!

Norway
Reply #19 - Feb 14th, 2006 at 5:11pm

Haha, good idea! Several tennis balls at once...I've got some plastic pipes at that size, I'll try! Wonder if you can throw darts too? They'd have to be pretty short, but like 10-15 cm would work, I think.
Good you like it! Wink

Gard

You never know what you might get to need, before you need it.

IP Logged

siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
Reply #20 - Feb 14th, 2006 at 5:53pm

for darts you could of course get a longer slender peice of PVC pipe and use the same release mecanism as this one.  i would imagine a dull tipped dart about 30 cm (12 inches) long, with several pennies for a weight in the tip, all taped up so that it would be like a practice arrow or something.  maybe i will make one of these.   with a sharp tip, there could be problems with the dart staying in the device. it could slip out at the wrong time or something.  i can see the headline now;
"man found with dart in top of head next to a strange pipe tied to some string."

if you want peace prepare for war&&&&my site
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Kick, Rat Man, Morphy, Curious Aardvark, vetryan15, joe_meadmaker)