Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ammo idea (Read 887 times)
ArizonaSlinger

I love Slinging.org!

ammo idea
Feb 10th, 2006 at 2:43pm

.75 inch rebar into 1.5 inch pieces would make good ammo I bet.  I think it would weigh about 90 grams

IP Logged

Zorrro
Funditor

Yeah, i guess most of
us love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Granada (Spain)
Re: ammo idea
Reply #1 - Feb 11th, 2006 at 3:28am

Here at the buildings under construction they have sort of a big wirecutter they handle with a 6' (two yards) tube, so it won't cost too much effort to make a lot of the desired size if you have access to one of those machines, and using rebar leftovers. Btw the mega wirecutter leave sharp edges on the tips Grin

Never disturb your enemy when it's making a mistake (Napoleon Bonaparte)

IP Logged

Stenny
Funditor

Don't laugh at me, I can
sling in every direction!

Reply #2 - Feb 11th, 2006 at 7:26am

Oh, I why people here are so lazy they must use carborundum wheel to cut rebar. Angry Angry Angry I would love to make ammo from these piles of scrap, which are mocking me from workbench...

Slinger, martial artist, knife thrower, blowgunner and general weirdo since 1998.&&Proud owner of official Zombie hunting permit and scars to prove it's worth.&&Underestimating a fighter or a weapon is the surest way to make plastic surgeons happy.

IP Logged

CanDo
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

New England, USA
Reply #3 - Feb 11th, 2006 at 9:39am

i think most people know the giant wirecutters as bolt cutters. Truly awesome invention, with the miracle of leverage, no padlock will ever be safe again.

IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Reply #4 - Feb 11th, 2006 at 11:50am

The only reason our bikes are there (mostly) when we come back to them is that those uge wirecutters are a bit obvious when carried around. We are more afraid of the ones with 30 cm to 1 meter arms. (1' to 3')

There have been a few posts on rebar ammo before, use it as searchword and you should get even more inspiration.

Willeke

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
Bad spellers of the world: untie!
IP Logged

harryman

love to sling and used
to play paintball

Georgia
Reply #5 - Feb 11th, 2006 at 9:40pm

how much does rebar cost per meter? or whatever the standard lenght is

Ja bin ich deutsch und ich schleudere gern. Ich mag paintball auch.

IP Logged

Stenny
Funditor

Don't laugh at me, I can
sling in every direction!

Reply #6 - Feb 12th, 2006 at 4:30am

Don't pay for it. Dawdle around construction sites and after work, ask for some scrap rebar. They usually give you some, as it looks like the only mean to get rid of you Wink. Works for me, I make throwing spikes out of it, it is too much work for something what you sling and never find again.

Slinger, martial artist, knife thrower, blowgunner and general weirdo since 1998.&&Proud owner of official Zombie hunting permit and scars to prove it's worth.&&Underestimating a fighter or a weapon is the surest way to make plastic surgeons happy.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, joe_meadmaker, Kick, Chris, vetryan15, Morphy)