Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Ideas for a slinging water-balloon war... (Read 6475 times)
Unsapien

"Sling your words like
cannon balls."Vari, M.Twain

Davis, Ca
Ideas for a slinging water-balloon war...
Feb 9th, 2006 at 3:26am

I'm planning a massive waterballon war for this coming summer, and I'm trying to plan out the logistics.

Any ideas?
All Ideas are welcome!
« Last Edit: Feb 17th, 2006 at 11:02pm by Matthias »  
AaronMGutierrez  
IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Re: Ideas for a slinging water-ballon war...
Reply #1 - Feb 9th, 2006 at 11:43am

[color=Red][/color]TREBUCHET!!!!!!!!!!!! Grin

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

Fritz_the_Cat

Eat Danish cheese

Detroit Michigan USA
Reply #2 - Feb 9th, 2006 at 2:56pm

Easy to wash red dye additive for that fun loving special effect  Cheesy

Lo there do I see my Father , Lo there do I see my Mother , and my Sisters and my Brothers, Lo there do I see a line of my people back to the beginning, Lo they do call to me they bid me to take my place among them in the halls of Vahalla where the brave may live forever

IP Logged

fi3l2
Descens

Nothing is Impossible
to a Willing Mind!

State College, PA 16802
Reply #3 - Feb 9th, 2006 at 4:16pm

open field, coloniel stand and fire action? or guerilla warfare through woods and such?

both would be interesting tho i do think the latter would be much more difficult against someone who knows how to stalk prey efficiently in the woods

former would be great just to see how accurate some people are at long ranges and to see how effective slinging might have been in the old seige days  Grin

IP Logged

Unsapien

"Sling your words like

Davis, Ca
Reply #4 - Feb 9th, 2006 at 5:06pm

The former,
  I have not decided if I’ll have mainly personal arms, or large artillery requiring multiple people. I’m thinking it will be a combination of both. That dye is an excellent idea, and I have considered it before, however I have not worked out how I could create ammunition in the field, and adding dye might become an additional obstacle.
Baby steps first.

If anyone is willing to diversify their slinging sessions, and are willing to try ways of slinging water, I would love to hear what methods you’ve come up with.

In a group this creative I believe this could get very interesting.
Grin

AaronMGutierrez  
IP Logged

CanDo
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

New England, USA
Reply #5 - Feb 9th, 2006 at 8:35pm

Up here in MA, i was invited to an awesome water ballon fight that took place at a marina. EVERYone, all ages, got involved.  The two sides of the marina were against each other (with a brackish river seperating the two sides). Trebuchets, slingshots, everything. It was amazing. Unfortunately it was a couple years before I was familiar with the sling. Anyway, even though we had a TON of ammo, we eventually ran out, and started flinging extra pieces of steak (which bounced off of the restraunt windows behind our target's), made the gulls very happy. We even accidently broke an unlucky boaters window with a water balloon (evryone chipped in to repay). Then we got some Boston Whalers (ten foot, easily manuevered boats) to get up close and make some surgical stikes Wink.

...Then the cops came by and shut the thing down because we were using what MA considers lethal and illegal weapons (slingshots)...... 

if you ever have a marina, or for that matter a river, it makes for awesome waterbalon warfare.

IP Logged

fi3l2
Descens

Nothing is Impossible
to a Willing Mind!

State College, PA 16802
Reply #6 - Feb 10th, 2006 at 1:15am

Cando, that musta been one hellva time!  Grin

IP Logged

Taiki
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't tell my mom i'm
here will you...

belgium
Reply #7 - Feb 10th, 2006 at 5:28am

Cando that sounds like so much fun  Shocked i wish i could have been there

just lend it too the cops to ruin everyones fun right...

Taiki  
IP Logged

siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
Reply #8 - Feb 11th, 2006 at 1:54pm

this makes me think...someone should build a nice big trebuchet, and load it up with a big honking hunk of ham shoulder.  can you just imagine the sound the ham would make as it flew at speeds (probably) exceding one hundred miles an hour.  what do you think?

if you want peace prepare for war&&&&my site
IP Logged

siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
Reply #9 - Feb 11th, 2006 at 2:00pm

sorry, that was off topic.  how about buying some of those nifty snowball makers.  they are like a big set of pliers, but on the end there are two half-spheres, when you put a pile of snow in between them, then squeeze the two handles together, they make consistetly "perfect" ammo.  the ammo is usually a little bit oddly shaped or oblong, just because of the consitency of the snow or if it is squeezed closed at an angle.  but either way, it is a great tool.  i will post some pic sof it in a few minutes.

IP Logged

siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
Reply #10 - Feb 11th, 2006 at 2:08pm

here is a link to a site that sells the sno-ballers for under ten dollars each,
http://www.areyougame.com/interact/item.asp?itemno=SN1
here is a pic of the one that i have:
btw, don't believe what the site says, the snow balls can be packed very tightly and they can hurt very much apon impact.  these are a ton of fun, especialy in/after a snow storm like the one connecticut is supposed to get by the end of the day.

IP Logged

siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
Reply #11 - Feb 11th, 2006 at 4:27pm

i am so sorry.  i just realized that that my last two posts had nothing at all to do with what you were talking about.   Embarrassed
now i feel really stupid.  i have no idea why, but i somehow got mixed up and thought you were talking about a big snow ball fight, not a water fight.  sorry guys.   Embarrassed

IP Logged

Stenny
Funditor

Don't laugh at me, I can
sling in every direction!

Reply #12 - Feb 12th, 2006 at 4:42am

What a gadget! I would love to have one of these! Unfortunately, I am a bit far away... Cry

Slinger, martial artist, knife thrower, blowgunner and general weirdo since 1998.&&Proud owner of official Zombie hunting permit and scars to prove it's worth.&&Underestimating a fighter or a weapon is the surest way to make plastic surgeons happy.

IP Logged

Unsapien

"Sling your words like

Davis, Ca
Reply #13 - Feb 13th, 2006 at 11:57am

No Worries Siguy.
  That looks awsome!

I guess snow balls can be considered slinging water too, so it isn't totally off topic.

I used a traditional sling at the range yesturday. It was the first time I was able to sling for a decent lenght of time, with equipment that worked. My friends and I origanlly came to the range fo archery, but seeing as I converted my staff sling into a simple sling... it quickly became a slinging session.

I started first with with large ammo, to learn the form. Heavy and large rocks, and they actualy went pretty far. Of course, as the ammo got smaller, things got faster and faster. WOW slings can really send those rocks moving.

While out there I found a old belt laying on the ground, and turned it into a working sling, seeing as I had some string with me, and that sent the rocks moving even faster! I made it right on the field (split pouch desgin). So then two out of the three were slingers, and I'm proud to say my friend picked it up rather quickly, and he's a decent shot. ( Years of instinctive shooting I guess)

It occured to me that this pouch design,
(Edit Thanks Cando)

http://andypsionfan.users.btopenworld.com/trebsling/

Has the capacity to sling both water ballons, AND rocks.
You simply have to let the folds lay together, rather then open the pouch.
Need to do moore tests to see how feasable it would be.

« Last Edit: Feb 13th, 2006 at 1:33pm by Unsapien »  
AaronMGutierrez  
IP Logged

CanDo
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

New England, USA
Reply #14 - Feb 13th, 2006 at 12:16pm

the url you posted dosn't work as a hyperlink for some reason...

i did get it to work so here is a working hyperlink
http://andypsionfan.users.btopenworld.com/trebsling/

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, joe_meadmaker, Rat Man, Chris, Morphy, vetryan15, Kick)