Braid/Weave a Pouch? (Read 792 times)
fi3l2
Descens

Nothing is Impossible
to a Willing Mind!

State College, PA 16802
Braid/Weave a Pouch?
Feb 7th, 2006 at 11:18am

Has anyone ever braided or weaved a pouch before? I am interested in knowing how to do this. I have already made pouches out of different materials and have incoporated them into slings using the information from this article: http://www.slinging.org/13.html ; .  Personally I'd love to "make" my own pouch instead of using some other material to get the job done.

If anyone has braided/weaved a pouch or know where to get the information regarding such a task, please let me know  Smiley

Thanks

IP Logged

siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
Re: Braid/Weave a Pouch?
Reply #1 - Feb 7th, 2006 at 3:11pm

in the articles section of this site, there is an article about making a sling that has a fish net style pouch.  looks a little complicated, but not too too hard.   heres the link:
http://slinging.org/26.html

if you want peace prepare for war&&&&my site
IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Reply #2 - Feb 7th, 2006 at 4:00pm

The info you are looking for is already on the site, I have collected info on slingmaking once, some time back.
Here is a link to the thread with all the links.
http://www.slinging.org/forum2/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=1;action=display;num=11347532...

The first one in the first post is on wovenslings. For the rest I do not remember anymore, just look and have fun.

Willeke

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
Bad spellers of the world: untie!
IP Logged

Matthias
Past Moderator

Gatineau/Ottawa QC, Canada
Reply #3 - Feb 7th, 2006 at 6:08pm

I'm still waiting for someone to make up some
Knit Slings
. A bit slow going, but very nice when they are done. Actually, these don't really take longer than all but the simplest braids, and the pouch shape is close to perfect.

The one with the "i-cord" retention/release cords was my all time favourite sling until I lost it last summer. I really need to make a replacement.

Matthias

IP Logged

fi3l2
Descens

Nothing is Impossible
to a Willing Mind!

State College, PA 16802
Reply #4 - Feb 7th, 2006 at 10:02pm

siguy:

Yeppers, I have already made one sling using that method. I like it bit I feel that it will probably wear very quickly so I am looking for something else.

Willeke:

Thanks for the link, I just went through all of them and I basically found out what I need to learn, so I am gonna go and read read and then read some more.

My last sling was a plastic bag sling with 3 different parts for the pouch instead of the (i am guessing) traditional 2. My next one, i am goin to start with 12 strings, which when doubled(after the loop) and then using the 4 round plait will come out to 6 seperate parts for the pouch. We'll see.

Wish me luck

IP Logged

Matthias
Past Moderator

Gatineau/Ottawa QC, Canada
Reply #5 - Feb 7th, 2006 at 10:07pm

Quote:
siguy:
Yeppers, I have already made one sling using that method. I like it bit I feel that it will probably wear very quickly so I am looking for something else.

Post a pic? Smiley

IP Logged

fi3l2
Descens

Nothing is Impossible
to a Willing Mind!

State College, PA 16802
Reply #6 - Feb 7th, 2006 at 10:20pm

Very next moment my friend from next door gets back ill get his camera to get a pic up Smiley

It really isnt that good... it is very complicated design(atleast for me) and I definately am not very proud of it. I took it out slinging only once and since it was made from very thin strains of masking tape, one string broke in the net(definately not a good choice for my type of not very smooth ammo). Oh well
pic is coming soon, hopefully by tomorrow night

this is the reason im reading up on weaving the entire pouch or something very close to it  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Kick, Curious Aardvark, joe_meadmaker, Morphy, vetryan15, Chris, Rat Man)