Send Topic Print
simple blowdart (Read 2985 times)
zill
Novicius

a man walks into a bar...ouch

Port alberni b.c.
simple blowdart
Feb 3rd, 2006 at 8:21pm

Hiyall yesterday i made a dart and decided to try it out of a straw.this is how i made it.

materials:needle
               thread
               wool

procedure:I started by cutting a piece of wool about 2 inches long. then i cut about a foot of thread. then i put the wool pressed against the needle and tied it on with thread. i continued to wrap the thread around the wool and the needle until thier was about 5 inches left. i tied it off like you would if you were sewing then wrapped it around once and tied it off again. i trimmed and fanned the wool... cut the thread and presto easy and quik blow dart. i shoot mine out of a mcdonalds drinking straw but you can probably do something with those sticks you stick in the ground to hold plants up. some of them are hollow and it would look authentic! Grin try it out it works great... pretty accurat to!

Zill: Still Slinging!

IP Logged

Kukhri
Novicius

Re: simple blowdart
Reply #1 - Feb 4th, 2006 at 4:02am

IP Logged

harryman

love to sling and used
to play paintball

Georgia
Reply #2 - Feb 4th, 2006 at 7:24pm

the best blow dart darts i have made are out of a clothes hanger. just a simple wire hanger. cut the disired lentgh and straighten. then get a clamping wrench to hold one side. now get a small belt sander and place the tip of the hanger level against the belt sander. slowly tilt the hanger so that a slight ange is made also rotate the hanger to get an even point. get some ice cold water to dip the tip in it to harden the metal and cool it. WARNING the tip get extremly hot due to friction.

Ja bin ich deutsch und ich schleudere gern. Ich mag paintball auch.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #3 - Mar 22nd, 2010 at 12:45pm

just going through old posts/users etc.

Liked the idea of the drinking straw blowgun - so bumped this post Smiley
That was zill's one and only post, go figure.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

TN.Frank
Funditor

Throwin' sticks and stones.

Crossville, TN. U.S.A.
Reply #4 - Mar 22nd, 2010 at 1:34pm

When I first got into my blowgun I tried a bamboo skewer with wool yarn but it was too heavy and didn't fly right. The best I've found so far are the cone darts made from old magazine pages with a bamboo skewer. They fly great and have good penetration and you can always make up a metal broadhead and attach to em'.

Judges 20:16 "Out of all these troops, the best 700 were left-handed. Each could sling a stone at a hair and not miss."&&&&http://www.glockforum.com/forum&&

IP Logged

kuggur slingdog
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Mar 22nd, 2010 at 1:53pm

I made blowdarts from bicycle spokes, now thatīs good penetration...Bit on the heavy side though, got me thinner steel wire, havenīt gotten round to making some. Not before Iīve made a new blowgun frome the alu tube thatīs lying in my workshop...I also like the paper cones, point mine with carpet nails works very well.

IP Logged

asemery
Funditor

Reply #6 - Mar 22nd, 2010 at 6:32pm

Another simple blow dart and blow  gun.  Tony
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqbxlxpYlPY
« Last Edit: Mar 23rd, 2010 at 6:10pm by asemery »  

Happily tangled in my nets at http://pineapple.myfunforum.org/index.php?c=7

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, Chris, David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark)