Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
best type of missle economic wise (Read 2012 times)
harryman

love to sling and used
to play paintball

Georgia
best type of missle economic wise
Feb 3rd, 2006 at 6:19pm

I need one i can make or find. what is the best shape to use for practice and get better. because as of now i have no accuracy. i can hardly get it to fire in front of me. i guess a heavier missle would help out, but i don't have much time and i don't have much money either but i would still like to get some good stones or missle. also i have heard of slings that fire fishing lead weights, the one that look like eggs. oh, speeking of eggs, couldn't i make some good egg shaped missiles out of easter eggs and cement. by cuting a hole on top and pouring some cement in? and then taking a rubber mallet and lightly tap the edges to open up the plastic egg. just an idea.

oh and were is the best place to look for stones in a creek i luckuly have one that runs threw my property and i have found hundreds of small stones i use for my sling shot. any way should i look at the bend of the creek or a straight away?

Ja bin ich deutsch und ich schleudere gern. Ich mag paintball auch.

IP Logged

Johnny
Funditor

Goodlettsville,TN
Re: best type of missle economic wise
Reply #1 - Feb 3rd, 2006 at 7:18pm

Harryman,
You can make great ammo from jello egg jigglers(get 'em off of ebay) and cement from HomeDepot(if you live in the States). These are some that I just made and are drying out...

I also love sushi..!
TNslinger  
IP Logged

Gun
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Slinging  Viking

The Ozarks of Ark & Mo
Reply #2 - Feb 3rd, 2006 at 8:53pm

You can also try my heaver golf ball ammo
Here is a link to it on the article page

http://www.slinging.org/37.html

"A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" Old Nordic Proverb

IP Logged

harryman

love to sling and used
to play paintball

Georgia
Reply #3 - Feb 4th, 2006 at 12:06am

that jello mold is brilliant. i'll try that would regular mortar or plaster be fine, or is cement the densist?

IP Logged

Stenny
Funditor

Don't laugh at me, I can
sling in every direction!

Reply #4 - Feb 5th, 2006 at 6:17am

Plaster of paris is fine, but cement(concrete) is the most dense of these three Smiley.

Slinger, martial artist, knife thrower, blowgunner and general weirdo since 1998.&&Proud owner of official Zombie hunting permit and scars to prove it's worth.&&Underestimating a fighter or a weapon is the surest way to make plastic surgeons happy.

IP Logged

Taiki
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't tell my mom i'm
here will you...

belgium
Reply #5 - Feb 5th, 2006 at 6:51am

darn well if i liked ebay a bit more i would be ordering (but i don't like ordering stuf from websites specially not when it comes from far away)

but i was thinking for going with this article
http://www.slinging.org/41.html

looks pretty good and easy to me...

Taiki  
IP Logged

Johnny
Funditor

Goodlettsville,TN
Reply #6 - Feb 5th, 2006 at 8:50am

Get mortar or grout, not the cement with rocks in it.

I also love sushi..!
TNslinger  
IP Logged

Fritz_the_Cat

Eat Danish cheese

Detroit Michigan USA
Reply #7 - Feb 5th, 2006 at 10:58am

Hi Johnney . Most creeks have bends and usually have beds of rocks and other derbris on the inside of the curve . I didn't look in your profile as to where you live but the season and amount of rain is important as to finding these features . A drought or just a small dry spell helps. Look at a topo map of the area for the bends. Heres a website with tips on finding flint . Same techniques

http://opalvalley.com/gary/flint.html

I use the same techniques for finding old bottles . Have fun  Grin

Lo there do I see my Father , Lo there do I see my Mother , and my Sisters and my Brothers, Lo there do I see a line of my people back to the beginning, Lo they do call to me they bid me to take my place among them in the halls of Vahalla where the brave may live forever

IP Logged

siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
Reply #8 - Feb 7th, 2006 at 8:24pm

another thing you could do is make some play dough out of a recipe that is easy to find online, and maybe stick some little pebbles in it, or pennies?  i am currently waiting for my first batch of these to dry out so i can test them.  most of the recipes require very little, or maybe you could just mix up a batch of dough; two parts flour, one part water(ex: two cups flour one cup water, etc.)  that should work well for you.  you might also want to try making the dough a little bit thick, it makes it easier to work with.

if you want peace prepare for war&&&&my site
IP Logged

fi3l2
Descens

Nothing is Impossible
to a Willing Mind!

State College, PA 16802
Reply #9 - Feb 8th, 2006 at 1:18am

that dough thing would work real great, i have a lil tip tho... add a little bit of cinnamon into that mix of flour and water! it will help w/ the smell if you let those things stay out for more than 1 day(know this from doing paper masche projects... man do those things smell bad!)

IP Logged

Gaius_Opius_Fugi
Tiro

I love Slinging.org!

Reply #10 - Feb 10th, 2006 at 3:27pm

I just hardboil the eggs, sling, and if there's any I can rinse off with water and salvadge, they make a good lunch.

I have a bunch I forgot were in the fridge for the last few months, and so I'm using them until they're completely exploded now.  Might as well get some use out of them.

Cheers,
Adam

IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Reply #11 - Feb 10th, 2006 at 3:41pm

If you want to make your own cooked glandes, have a look in this thread: http://www.slinging.org/forum2/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=1;action=display;num=11210492...

Willeke

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
Bad spellers of the world: untie!
IP Logged

siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
Reply #12 - Feb 10th, 2006 at 6:23pm

hey, that's basically what i did the other day, but without the baking.  i am still waiting for them to dry.  thanks willeke for posting that link.  it is really useful.  i think i will try to try it this weekend.

if you want peace prepare for war&&&&my site
IP Logged

harryman

love to sling and used
to play paintball

Georgia
Reply #13 - Feb 10th, 2006 at 10:59pm

wow thanks you guys, i think i'll try them all. i like the dough idea pretty cool.

IP Logged

Rodders
Tiro

when a date falls from
heaven open your mouth

uk
Reply #14 - Feb 13th, 2006 at 4:09pm

Ive tried a clay called smooth buff that moulds easy and wont crack as it dries. rolled into a bouble tapered ball it flys well with a light weight sling and best of all the ammo returns to mother earth after use. no mess no fuss  Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, joe_meadmaker, Kick, Chris, vetryan15, Morphy)