Jan 27th, 2006 at 8:29pm

Anybody here like cigars?

IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Re: Cigar thread
Reply #1 - Jan 27th, 2006 at 8:35pm

I just got back from Florida and I loaded up in Key West on some really primo smokes. I love Cigars. Cheesy  I am particularly fond of the Torpedos and the perfectos, but will settle for a nice presidente or churchill preferably in maduro. Cheesy

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

nakram

I love Slinging.org!

Reply #2 - Jan 28th, 2006 at 2:46pm

iv givn up smoking for 1.5 yeares nowbut i loved cigars, but they will  fry your loungs

IP Logged

chaosmage

I love Slinging.org!

Reply #3 - Jan 28th, 2006 at 3:12pm

Quote:
I just got back from Florida and I loaded up in Key West on some really primo smokes. I love Cigars. Cheesy  I am particularly fond of the Torpedos and the perfectos, but will settle for a nice presidente or churchill preferably in maduro. Cheesy

Yeah, I'm trying to find some figurados, but they don't seem to have many around here. I have a maduro made in Brazil which I'm dying to try out. Sofar it seems like the darker they are, the better. Of course I'd also like to try out some jade wrapped ones, but I can't find those, either.

IP Logged

Fritz_the_Cat

Eat Danish cheese

Detroit Michigan USA
Reply #4 - Jan 28th, 2006 at 3:28pm

I smoke cigars when I'm in mosquito infested woods . Much to the irratation of my brother in law who is addicted to tobacco . Works great for me . 8)

Lo there do I see my Father , Lo there do I see my Mother , and my Sisters and my Brothers, Lo there do I see a line of my people back to the beginning, Lo they do call to me they bid me to take my place among them in the halls of Vahalla where the brave may live forever

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #5 - Jan 28th, 2006 at 6:37pm

" I love these aluminum tubes some cigars are in. They are great for carrying things and keeping them dry, warm and cosy Grin.
Otherwise, I hate cigars, but less than I hate cigarettes. Don't get me wrong, I am not into enforcing "nobody-can-smoke" rule, but I don't like people making nasty fumes/smoke anywhere near me.
Just thinking... I don't smoke.... I don't drink alcohol, not even beer(and never drinked), I speak politely all the time... One might think I am a hero from some book for little children Undecided. To the point one would take a look in my room and saw all the weaponry I have here, of course Sad. Sigh. Nevermind."

Hahah im pretty much the same way stenny. I would rather people smoke marajuana then cigarettes. At least it smells better.

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

chaosmage

I love Slinging.org!

Reply #6 - Jan 29th, 2006 at 4:33am

I hate cigarettes, too. Cigars just seem more casual and sophisticated. Probibly because you're supposed to "taste" them, and let the smoke linger and delight your senses.

Cigarettes, on the other hand, are just supposed to be inhaled directly into the lungs where they can deposit their poisons and give you their buzz. Much more "drug like" and no class at all.

That, and cigars at least *try* to smell good.

IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #7 - Jan 29th, 2006 at 5:09am

A good cigar and fine leather have to be two of the worlds greatest smells. Roll Eyes

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #8 - Jan 29th, 2006 at 10:46am

My room smells like leather, lots of scraps of leather around. Smiley

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

chaosmage

I love Slinging.org!

Reply #9 - Jan 31st, 2006 at 7:27pm

Does anybody have any suggestions for a good cigar for aging in a humidor?

IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #10 - Jan 31st, 2006 at 8:10pm

Any of the cigars by the Fuente family are good choices. If you can find any Fuente Opus X for less than $15, grab them as they are the best on the market right now. Unless you live overseas be careful about Cuban cigars as there are many counterfit Cuban cigars around. Usually if you come across a cuban made cigar it means it was made by a little Cuban guy in the back room rolling cigars, rather than being made in Cuba Grin

John Walker  
IP Logged

CanDo
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

New England, USA
Reply #11 - Jan 31st, 2006 at 9:27pm

the box needs a pyrographed "hecho en cuba"  Grin

IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #12 - Jan 31st, 2006 at 11:33pm

"They" have been counterfitting the boxes as well. 8)

John Walker  
IP Logged

chaosmage

I love Slinging.org!

Reply #13 - Feb 1st, 2006 at 3:59pm

I'm not particularly interested in Cubans. They're illegal, and the last batch I saw was destroyed by beetles. My sense of cigar taste isn't quite refined enough to tell the difference, anyway.

Speaking of bootleg products, a friend of mine in highschool showed us the DVD of Lord of the Rings before the movie itself hit the theaters! His dad was a pilot and often flew to Hong Kong. Lotta bootleg stuff over there, boy.

IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #14 - Feb 2nd, 2006 at 11:29am

All the cigars i mentioned are either Honduran or Nicaraguan with tobacco from Cuban  seed. Smiley

John Walker  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, Bill Skinner, Chris, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark, David Morningstar, Rat Man)