Send Topic Print
Slinging.org Wiki (Read 2353 times)
Johnny
Funditor

Goodlettsville,TN
Re: Slinging.org Wiki
Reply #15 - Jan 23rd, 2006 at 9:55pm

Matthias,
Thanks... I don't want to be a trouble maker..!

I noticed you're from BC. Ever run across some or that nice Pacific Yew in any of your woodland wonderings..? I finished up a nice English longbow from a stave that was harvested from BC. Turned out to be one of my best bows...
Johnny

I also love sushi..!
TNslinger  
IP Logged

Matthias
Past Moderator

Gatineau/Ottawa QC, Canada
Reply #16 - Jan 23rd, 2006 at 10:18pm

I've been known to tuck away a few slabs for "later" Wink. Few and far between though! I used to keep track of the trees growing within a reasonable distance of our place -  some of the wood I've put away was taken out by windfall, and one was salvaged from construction clearing. Sustainable forestry...

I didn't grow up in a particularily good bow-stave area though - small, stunted twisty trees with tons of pin knots. I mostly use it for tool handles and have steam bent little pieces for fishhooks, toggles etc. Nice stuff!

Matthias

IP Logged

Johnny
Funditor

Goodlettsville,TN
Reply #17 - Jan 23rd, 2006 at 10:39pm

That's a big lure for a big fish..!

Or is it something else..?

Johnny

I also love sushi..!
TNslinger  
IP Logged

Matthias
Past Moderator

Gatineau/Ottawa QC, Canada
Reply #18 - Jan 24th, 2006 at 1:20am

Lol... nope that would be a tool handle. Crooked knife seen edge-on.

Matthias

IP Logged

Dale
Interfector Viris Spurii

California, USA
Reply #19 - Feb 6th, 2006 at 7:48pm

I am new to wikis.  How do you find out who last edited a page?  What are the conventions for editing somebody else's stuff in the wiki?  Do you ask first, (and who do you ask?) or do you just start slashing?

I intend to put my Catalog of Styles into the wiki, a few styles at a time, but I don't want to trash somebody else's work...

No, I don't live in a glass house.&&&&"If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization."&&&&Context matters!  "Nothing but net" is a BAD thing in tennis...
IP Logged

Chris
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

USA
Reply #20 - Feb 7th, 2006 at 7:38pm

Go to the history tab at the top of the page to see all the edits.

Go ahead and start editing, we can always revert the text.  If you find something you believe is dead wrong and should be removed entirely, maybe run it by the author to see what he/she thinks.

Chris

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, vetryan15, Rat Man, Kick, Morphy, Curious Aardvark, joe_meadmaker)