Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
tennisball bomb (Read 2441 times)
nakram

I love Slinging.org!

tennisball bomb
Jan 18th, 2006 at 1:06pm

i made a few of these yeares ago tennis balls filled with non saftey matchestaped up and thrown on the groung would these make good ammo?

IP Logged

MammotHunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Give me a rock, a sling,
and give me some room

virginia, for now
Re: tennisball bomb
Reply #1 - Jan 18th, 2006 at 1:52pm

I can just see this ending in tears...

Foolish is he who frets at night,&&And lies awake to worry'&&A weary man when morning comes,&&He finds all as bad as before&&-Excerpted from "The Havemal"
palaeoEvolution  
IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #2 - Jan 18th, 2006 at 4:29pm

and or jail time

Albert Scott C bigbadwolf41 77940+hwy+99+south,+Spc+22  
IP Logged

Gard

Yup, there are slingers
in Norway too!

Norway
Reply #3 - Jan 18th, 2006 at 4:55pm

Matches inside a tennis ball? We use the match box, or a box to have the film from a camera in and tape it up. You put that side of the match box onto the brown thing at the matches too, don't you, and the impact causes the matches to burn because of the match box side?
I've slung these, but they need too hit hard to get enough impact for the matches to fire, so it's not so good. If you made something that would make it fire easier, it might work though.

Gard

You never know what you might get to need, before you need it.

IP Logged

Chaotic Rage

Vous etes saoul!

Reply #4 - Jan 18th, 2006 at 5:58pm

Sounds fun... and dangerous  Wink. You might want to try covering the outside of the tennis ball with matches, then even a scrape against the ground and they will light.

&&
Roychipoqua  
IP Logged

Fritz_the_Cat

Eat Danish cheese

Detroit Michigan USA
Reply #5 - Jan 18th, 2006 at 9:32pm

I'd stick to rotten eggs . Much safer . Be carefull Sad

Lo there do I see my Father , Lo there do I see my Mother , and my Sisters and my Brothers, Lo there do I see a line of my people back to the beginning, Lo they do call to me they bid me to take my place among them in the halls of Vahalla where the brave may live forever

IP Logged

Leeds_Lobber

Reply #6 - Jan 19th, 2006 at 8:14am

These have caused the death of a family pet in Seattle, (or was it portland.) Kid lobs tennis ball bomb, doesnt go off, leaves it lying about doggy bites it - bang, doggy with half jaw blown off.

Not to be recommended.

Pat

IP Logged

Stenny
Funditor

Don't laugh at me, I can
sling in every direction!

Reply #7 - Jan 19th, 2006 at 2:30pm

He means that he stuffed it full of these matches that can be lit by striking on hard surface. This will ignite when thrown hard - no need for strikers inside the ball.
Look, nakram, I am interested in these things myself, but this one is bad. What about you, tripping on the way to some safe slinging ground? It will go off if you have it in pocket and fall on it... then it will start to rip sizable chunks of flesh out of you and cauterize the wounds, leaving them full of dirt, ashes and whatever fabric you happened to have pockets from. These combined traumatic-burn wound are very painful and they heal slowly, leaving nasty scars.
Just don't. Unless you can fabricate it on the spot, don't make it. It is also illegal and you can be thrown behind bars for that. I'm not kidding. Destructive device, that's how it is classified.
Personally, I have strong misgivings about non-safety matches. It is useable material if you do not have anything better for primers, but in anything large... No. Not unless I wouldn't have any other ways to fabricate explosive and I would be in a desperate need for some.
I know I am just another stranger talking to you through the 'net, but I just like to try to save people some digits...

Slinger, martial artist, knife thrower, blowgunner and general weirdo since 1998.&&Proud owner of official Zombie hunting permit and scars to prove it's worth.&&Underestimating a fighter or a weapon is the surest way to make plastic surgeons happy.

IP Logged

Rodders
Tiro

when a date falls from
heaven open your mouth

uk
Reply #8 - Jan 19th, 2006 at 2:50pm

When i was about fourteen, I remember standing in my dads shed making just such a device for something or other when the dam thing exploded in my hands.
Second degree burns to both palms, no sleep for two nights and the dog would not leave me alone thinking i had something nice to eat.  Embarrassed

IP Logged

Fritz_the_Cat

Eat Danish cheese

Detroit Michigan USA
Reply #9 - Jan 20th, 2006 at 9:40am

Now thats scary ! The dog thinking you had something good to eat . Shocked Right out of a Steven King horror book . Sad

Lo there do I see my Father , Lo there do I see my Mother , and my Sisters and my Brothers, Lo there do I see a line of my people back to the beginning, Lo they do call to me they bid me to take my place among them in the halls of Vahalla where the brave may live forever

IP Logged

CanDo
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

New England, USA
Reply #10 - Jan 21st, 2006 at 5:54pm

lol, i'm naturally inclined to explosives/poisons also, but why can't we just stick to rocks? i mean is there any actual reason to make exploding ammo?

IP Logged

nakram

I love Slinging.org!

Reply #11 - Jan 22nd, 2006 at 11:08am

yes!! you dont need to be too acuret for it to be affective. you can also take down multiple targets

IP Logged

Stenny
Funditor

Don't laugh at me, I can
sling in every direction!

Reply #12 - Jan 23rd, 2006 at 8:54am

Explosive ammo that can do that is actually called a "grenade" Wink. Most devices made by normal slingers(is there such a thing like normal slinger? Dunno...) are much less powerful and made just for the fun of blast far away. As explosions go nearer, fun is rather diminished... Not recommended to take the path of cubanian guerillas, hurling molotovs and grenades by slings  Shocked.

Slinger, martial artist, knife thrower, blowgunner and general weirdo since 1998.&&Proud owner of official Zombie hunting permit and scars to prove it's worth.&&Underestimating a fighter or a weapon is the surest way to make plastic surgeons happy.

IP Logged

ben_banned
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #13 - Jan 24th, 2006 at 6:57pm

best shot out a potato cannon that and lightbulbs filed with bbs

zero tolerance=zero intelligence

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: vetryan15, Morphy, Rat Man, Chris, joe_meadmaker, Curious Aardvark, Kick)