Send Topic Print
Feuding (Read 3273 times)
Smudge

Sticks and stones WILL
brake your bones.

everywhere
Feuding
Jan 12th, 2006 at 9:01pm

I haven't really been around on this website for a while now, but I was wondering if anyone feuds with each other here anymore, I have fond memories of TechStuff and english going at it, and I remember having a few myself, those were the best. Grin

IP Logged

Leeds_Lobber

Re: Feuding
Reply #1 - Jan 13th, 2006 at 5:28am

no good feuds for a while, since Techstuff suffered his reality breakdown and retired to build his ark in a cave.... I would say English won that one (*1)

In fact this is by far the friendliest discussion group I am a member of, and I am glad we all get on so well. You Yankee Bastard.

Pat

*1 From the Official Hillbilly Feudin' rules 1957 page57 para 3;
If a party in the Feud should be at any time certified insane, sectioned, incarcerated in a mental Institution or start watching PTL for a period exceeding 4 hours per day, the other Party(ies) in the feud shall be declared the winner. Should the so defeated Party suddenly be proven sane, either by evidence of his actual extraterrestrial abduction, revelation that they ARE all out to get him or by the confirmation from the supreme Deity that he IS the second  Messia. the feud shall be adjudged a draw.

Pat

IP Logged

Matt_C
Funditor

Cruachan!!!

Cheshire, England
Reply #2 - Jan 15th, 2006 at 6:19am

It was kind of sad to see TechStuff seemingly go off the deep end like that.

But honestly, I think he had believed all along and only let his feelings slip recently.

The last time I saw a rainbow I threw my beard over it

IP Logged

Gun
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Slinging  Viking

The Ozarks of Ark & Mo
Reply #3 - Jan 15th, 2006 at 7:59am

English and techstuff WILL be back. I have no fear that we will see more of their CREATIVE POSTING again.

"A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" Old Nordic Proverb

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #4 - Jan 15th, 2006 at 9:13am

english is back but i have little hope of tech comeing back Smiley

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Leeds_Lobber

Reply #5 - Jan 15th, 2006 at 10:10am

Oh ye of little Faith - Techstuff will surely return. IIRC his particular insanity was that the government (or black helicopters or aliens) were spraying mind-control helicopters from crop-dusting 'planes.

This is an extreme view, but not as mad as some of the other madnesses out there... David Icke's 'Alien Lizards in Human suits are running the world (with help from the Jews) or 'The American Government crashed the planes into the WTC and Pentagon' are also popular.

All these trends come and go, and in most cases the believers wake up and go 'I believed THAT? What was I THINKING?????' and rejoin society.....

I hope Techy does so as well. Out of interest, do we know if he was an adult or a minor? If the latter his chances are good.  As a Kid I beleievd the Dictatorship of the Proletariat was the best possible way to run the world. I snapped out of it about the time i paid my first Income Tax.

Pat

IP Logged

Matt_C
Funditor

Cruachan!!!

Cheshire, England
Reply #6 - Jan 15th, 2006 at 11:27am

Personally I am partial to the semi-extreme belief that racism exists only because of the media (in both news and popular forms), but it isn't that extreme, I still think people have a common urge to divide and conquer.

The last time I saw a rainbow I threw my beard over it

IP Logged

Roy

That was'nt a duck...
 that was a rock.

Foothills of the Appalachians
Reply #7 - Jan 15th, 2006 at 11:31am

Quote:
I still think people have a common urge to divide and conquer.

thats the way its always been, and probably always will be.

IP Logged

MammotHunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Give me a rock, a sling,
and give me some room

virginia, for now
Reply #8 - Jan 15th, 2006 at 2:54pm

Yeah, it was sort of sad to see TS go off the deep end like that, but you know, if you just sat back, grabbed your self a cold one, and watched it from the sidelines, it was extremely hi-larious at the same time. I think he'll be back one day, to rejoin us and our bountious slinger charms. Once, of course, he realises that it has been awhile since the Zionistic Government World Alliance Controlling our Brains with Gamma Radiation designed to look like Crop Dusting Planes has failed to materialise, he'll come out of his cave/spiderhole, adjust his now atrophied eyes to the sunlight, and possibly rejoin society as a raving hermit. Or possibly not. Still, always sad to lose a slinger.

Foolish is he who frets at night,&&And lies awake to worry'&&A weary man when morning comes,&&He finds all as bad as before&&-Excerpted from "The Havemal"
palaeoEvolution  
IP Logged

chaosmage

I love Slinging.org!

Reply #9 - Jan 15th, 2006 at 3:26pm

Sometimes if you argue enough with normal people, their crazy opinions (or rather, crazy foundation for their normal opinions) starts to shine through. It breaks through the surface for a moment before hitting you like a landslide.

IP Logged

ben_banned
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #10 - Jan 15th, 2006 at 4:56pm

Quote:
Yeah, it was sort of sad to see TS go off the deep end like that, but you know, if you just sat back, grabbed your self a cold one, and watched it from the sidelines, it was extremely hi-larious at the same time. I think he'll be back one day, to rejoin us and our bountious slinger charms. Once, of course, he realises that it has been awhile since the Zionistic Government World Alliance Controlling our Brains with Gamma Radiation designed to look like Crop Dusting Planes has failed to materialise, he'll come out of his cave/spiderhole, adjust his now atrophied eyes to the sunlight, and possibly rejoin society as a raving hermit. Or possibly not. Still, always sad to lose a slinger.

exactly why I didnt post in that topic till he was gone

zero tolerance=zero intelligence

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #11 - Jan 15th, 2006 at 9:14pm

so once you had slingers you never go back Grin

"I think he'll be back one day, to rejoin us and our bountious slinger charms."

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Smudge

Sticks and stones WILL
brake your bones.

everywhere
Reply #12 - Jan 16th, 2006 at 9:42am

I obviously missed the Techstuff going crazy thread, but I always thought of him as a little odd before that.  He was a holy-roller.

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #13 - Jan 16th, 2006 at 11:27am

look up the doing him a favor thread in admin and other topics.

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

ben_banned
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #14 - Jan 16th, 2006 at 1:04pm

It was rather supicious he got all jesus freak 2-3 weeks before "The great dusting"

zero tolerance=zero intelligence

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini)