Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Flaming stones! (Read 4052 times)
Hellfire
Ex Member

Re: Flaming stones!
Reply #15 - Jan 1st, 2006 at 5:50pm

Posted by: Douglas_The_Black Posted on: Today at 5:04pm
haha thats how i am with most of my friends. Hey come look! i made a baillista! watch me cut  this 2ltr! Im going to get that  darn dog who is always crapping in our yard with one of my home made traps! hey where did i put it? ahhh!

Hey Wink- thats almost exactly how it is with me, and my buddies. I say something like ," Hey everyone come on over, you've got to see this catapult I made.." "How much do you want to bet I can put out those windows without even hitting the sill?" "CRASH!!!!!!, OMG- HES GOT A SHOTGUN RUNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #16 - Jan 1st, 2006 at 6:34pm

Hahaha! it must be some kind of divine intervention that all the slingers are spaced apart so well Smiley If we where closer most of us would be in deep trouble.  Grin

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Gard

Yup, there are slingers
in Norway too!

Norway
Reply #17 - Jan 2nd, 2006 at 8:19am

Here it is:

You see at the right, I  was thinking about taking some aluminium paper around that, because in flight that part will be behind the stone/cotton part. The aluminium paper should be put around so that when the sandwich paper where the twine is (at the right end), burns, the aluminium paper should fall off, making it easier for the rest of the fire gland to catch fire.

Gard
« Last Edit: Jan 16th, 2006 at 9:40am by Gard »  

You never know what you might get to need, before you need it.

IP Logged

Yobolobobo
Descens

I Heart Slinging.org!

Reply #18 - Jan 2nd, 2006 at 2:37pm

I still don't get it.  You should make a video of you making the whole thing.

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #19 - Jan 2nd, 2006 at 3:12pm

I want to see it thrown Smiley

when i get some more pitch in the summer ill make you guys a pitch pot movie.

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

MammotHunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Give me a rock, a sling,
and give me some room

virginia, for now
Reply #20 - Jan 3rd, 2006 at 9:23am

I was the guy that, when, I first got a boomerang as a gift, I invited my friends to come with me when I tried it out. The first time I threw it, I obviously didn't have the technique right, because it crashed some distance away. The second shot though, came around, made a full circle and hit me right in the neck. My friends, being as they are, just fell to the ground laughing. I meanwhile, just fell to the ground, half laughing half trying to get my breath back. this kind of thing happens with me more often than I'd like to admit.  A few years ago, back in Montana, I was standing beside this resevoir, handling this snake I had picked up, doing a crocodile hunter impersonation with the snake to impress this girl that I had met. Well, after handling it for a few minutes, while waiting for someone to get a camera, the snake starts getting a little impatient. No sooner does someone take my picture, than the girl says "Um, Jack honey, I think he's going to bite you" To which I manfully replied "Nah, the little bugger wouldn't have a go at m---"And then he latched on to my little finger and was just hanging there. I was laughing so hard I had to release the snake and sit down for a couple of minutes. I still handle snakes and I still throw boomerangs, so apparently I haven't learned a bloody thing from my childhood.

Foolish is he who frets at night,&&And lies awake to worry'&&A weary man when morning comes,&&He finds all as bad as before&&-Excerpted from "The Havemal"
palaeoEvolution  
IP Logged

Gard

Yup, there are slingers
in Norway too!

Norway
Reply #21 - Jan 3rd, 2006 at 11:18am

Ok, here's a detailed explanation with pictures:

Now add methylated spirit (or lamp oil), lay it in the sling, and throw!
The methylated spirit (or lamp oil) shall be poured down where the cotton sausage comes out, so that it'll burn too (that's what you put in fire before slinging it).

I use
Jurek's Nail Sling
when slinging the flaming gland, since that makes it not tangle into the release cord, and not make the release cord full of methylated spirit.

Here's what I did with the aluminium paper, you could also have not cutted the rest of the sanwich paper, but I think this would work best. You see that the aluminium paper will fall off when the sandwich paper burns. I have fastened it with some tape.
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=1/209550960.jpg&s=x11

Ok, you get it all now? Roll Eyes

Gard
« Last Edit: Jan 16th, 2006 at 9:45am by Gard »  

IP Logged

Yobolobobo
Descens

I Heart Slinging.org!

Reply #22 - Jan 3rd, 2006 at 7:19pm

I get it now.  Thanks for taking the time to explain all that and take pictures.  I'll try it soon.  Where can I find the cotton sheet for the sausage thing?  Will it work well without Jurek's special sling?

IP Logged

Gard

Yup, there are slingers
in Norway too!

Norway
Reply #23 - Jan 4th, 2006 at 9:26am

The thing I roll the cotton sausages is just those you have at your bed, or old cotton T-shirts.
Yes it'll work just as good without a regular sling, but using Nail Sling only makes it impossible for the gland to tangle into the release cord, but there's not much chance of that happening even with a regular sling. Roll Eyes

Gard

IP Logged

Rodders
Tiro

when a date falls from
heaven open your mouth

uk
Reply #24 - Jan 4th, 2006 at 9:50am

In Edinburgh Scotland each year there is a parade of big men who swing huge flaming balls about their heads on a chain. I should imagine if you tangle the lines when lit up you too could end up wearing a kilt. Grin

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Morphy, Rat Man, Chris, joe_meadmaker, vetryan15, Curious Aardvark, Kick)