Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Sling Pics (Read 9582 times)
nwmanitou

Utah, USA
Re: Sling Pics
Reply #15 - Jan 3rd, 2006 at 12:27pm

Yeah, it could be just because I've always gripped my sling that way, but I feel out of control when I grip it anyother way, particularily when the retention cord is outside of my hand. As for not hitting the ground, it takes a little practice. If you release too late it'll hit the ground. Also, you may want to experiment with shorter slings, if they are extra long, it makes it a little more difficult to use this style for low angle shots.

As for cord diameter, it's just standard para cord that I use.

IP Logged

Gard

Yup, there are slingers
in Norway too!

Norway
Reply #16 - Jan 3rd, 2006 at 1:08pm

I used long time learning *copy and paste* Nwmanitou's overhand, but I first got it when I, at the last round at the left side, lifted my arm higher up. Before I did that, the stone always went to the ground 5 meters in front of me...

Gard

You never know what you might get to need, before you need it.

IP Logged

AjlouniBoy
Descens

Sling smarter, not harder!

Fort Worth, Texas, USA
Reply #17 - Jan 5th, 2006 at 12:36pm

Figure 8 Style continues to grow on me.  I found that using a sling longer than my 32" Greek Overhand sling helps make that first turn under the right arm.  I lengthened to 38" with good results.

I agree with Matthias that misfires tend to be in an easy to dodge vertical plane and low powered.  I am introducing some tennis players to slinging and bet that they will pick Figure 8 up right away.

I put that vertical plane to use on a utility pole and was rewarded with 2 of 4 throws giving a good solid "Thwock."  I'm sold!

AjlouniBoy

Like tying a stone in a sling is the giving of honor to a fool.&&Proverbs 26:8

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Morphy, Curious Aardvark, Chris, joe_meadmaker, Kick, vetryan15)