Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
black powder pistol (Read 5215 times)
Yobolobobo
Descens

I Heart Slinging.org!

black powder pistol
Dec 11th, 2005 at 10:13am

I am thinking about getting one of these pistols, but don't know much about them.  I would be getting the black one.  Is 25 grains of powder enough to get the ball up to a decent velocity?  Also, would it be worth the extra money to get a double barrel?

IP Logged

Yobolobobo
Descens

I Heart Slinging.org!

Re: black powder pistol
Reply #1 - Dec 11th, 2005 at 10:13am

Oops. I forgot to post the link.  Here it is.  http://www.homebasedgeneralstore.com

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #2 - Dec 11th, 2005 at 10:25am

hmm I dont know about these guys..they give me a bad feeling.  Smiley

I normaly buy my black powder guns and what not at black powder meets.  Grin And in truth i know very little about guns, and i only own the two. being in town i have to travel out into the woods to shoot. I always consult my uncle before buying guns.

my black powder guns normaly come with a little mesuring cap thing, so dont worry too much about how much powder you put in.
Make shure you have every thing packed in the gun well if you dont it could explode. They are alot of fuss, but alot of fun too Smiley

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

beaverbutt8
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 11th, 2005 at 10:28am

Urge to destroy - rising

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #4 - Dec 11th, 2005 at 10:29am

is    what you where going to buy?

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

beaverbutt8
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Dec 11th, 2005 at 10:31am

Haha

I remember my dad telling me a story about some relatives or friends or something. Anyway, they when up somewhere and got out of the car to do some shooting. A two year old was with them - one of them asked "doesn't he wan't to shoot?" so they had this little two year old shooting a pistol........... Hicks  Tongue

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #6 - Dec 11th, 2005 at 10:32am

they started me off when i was 5 Smiley

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

beaverbutt8
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Dec 11th, 2005 at 11:30am

If

Quote:

You might be a redneck

IP Logged

beaverbutt8
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Dec 11th, 2005 at 11:33am

Quote:

I was in Kentucky till i was 4 years old, but then me moved to Illinios  Angry
I hate that f@#king state! It's so f--king uptight Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Didn't care much for kentucky either, so when a heard that we were moving to Ukraine - i didn't exactly cry my heart out - i was glad to leave

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #9 - Dec 11th, 2005 at 11:33am

I am a hillbilly. Red necks are more violent, and less open Smiley

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

chaosmage

I love Slinging.org!

Reply #10 - Dec 11th, 2005 at 12:02pm

I've been wanting a flintlock kentucky pistol kit for a long time and have yet to find one. Sad

IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #11 - Dec 11th, 2005 at 1:27pm

Try Dixie Gun works. Good selection of blackpowder stuff. I'm a Hill William myself.(Slightly more refined). Grin

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

MammotHunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Give me a rock, a sling,
and give me some room

virginia, for now
Reply #12 - Dec 11th, 2005 at 1:41pm

I'm surprised I don't have a southern accent. Living in southern VA my whole life pretty much, around rednecks and hillbillies (not hill williams; they're nowhere near refined enough lol) and with much of my family coming from the appalachia area not too far back, I somehow ended up with sort of a central/western Canadian accent, that becomes more pronounced as I get older. I say out as a combination of oot/oat, I do say "eh?". Nobody from around here believes me when I tell them I was born here after hearing me speak. I've only spent about 2 months cumulatively in Canada in 21 years. The rest of the time has been in the armpit of the south. (Va is hot, clammy and has a weird smell)

Foolish is he who frets at night,&&And lies awake to worry'&&A weary man when morning comes,&&He finds all as bad as before&&-Excerpted from "The Havemal"
palaeoEvolution  
IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #13 - Dec 11th, 2005 at 1:51pm

My family is from the western part of the Carolinas. Been bootleggers for years. I'm the first one to live up in Yankee territory. Grin

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

beaverbutt8
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Dec 11th, 2005 at 2:32pm

Quote:
My family is from the western part of the Carolinas. Been bootleggers for years. I'm the first one to live up in Yankee territory. Grin

Bootleggers? You mean as in people who sell stuff on the black market? COOL!  Cheesy

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, David Morningstar, Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, Chris, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark)