Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rest In Peace Mr Miyagi. (Read 1474 times)
bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Rest In Peace Mr Miyagi.
Nov 25th, 2005 at 8:23pm

On a sad note, Pat Morita the actor who played Mr. Miyagi in The Karate Kid Series of movies passed away today at the age of 73. He was a fine actor and as Mr Miyagi he was able to represent the highest ideals of Martial Arts philosophy. Cry

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Re: Rest In Peace Mr Miyagi.
Reply #1 - Nov 26th, 2005 at 10:09am

was it him who said " a belt is to hold up your pants"?
i like that saying.

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Gun
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Slinging  Viking

The Ozarks of Ark & Mo
Reply #2 - Nov 26th, 2005 at 3:57pm

That is a shame. I would have thought that he was older than that.

"A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" Old Nordic Proverb

IP Logged

Stenny
Funditor

Don't laugh at me, I can
sling in every direction!

Reply #3 - Nov 27th, 2005 at 2:13pm

Salut to him! I like that saying too, DTB.

Slinger, martial artist, knife thrower, blowgunner and general weirdo since 1998.&&Proud owner of official Zombie hunting permit and scars to prove it's worth.&&Underestimating a fighter or a weapon is the surest way to make plastic surgeons happy.

IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #4 - Nov 27th, 2005 at 8:52pm

Actually When Daniel-San asked him what kind of belt he had he responded 'Canvas, JC Penny. Three ninetyeight. you Like?" He then told Daniel-San that "karate here"pointing to head "and Karate here" pointing to heart. "Karate never here." pointing to waist.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #5 - Dec 4th, 2005 at 7:59am

it's sad when anyone dies - but perhaps your praise ought to to directed at the scriptwriter rather than the actors who uttered their words :-)

I'm not sure that pat morita in real life had anything to do with martial arts at all.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #6 - Dec 4th, 2005 at 8:33am

Pat Morita, as a good actor should, made the words real. That's why he got an academy award nomination for his role as Mr. Miyagi. He also had to take a cram course on martial arts for six months in order to be convincing in his role. 8)

John Walker  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, Chris, David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark)