Send Topic Print
Slinging at school... (Read 1759 times)
Gard

Yup, there are slingers
in Norway too!

Norway
Slinging at school...
Nov 15th, 2005 at 9:32am

Me and some friends have been slinging at school since I started slinging.
We've been slinging over the river to a little isle in the middle of the river, as that is the direction with least change of hitting something.
Today our teacher stopped us, saying that she'd had a small meeting with the principal about this. "If we see any slings here anymore, we'll take them, and you'll not get them back!"
I've got good control with my sling, and I'm pretty accurare too, just so you know that's not the reason why they banned the sling Roll Eyes
Then she sayd the cool part: "The sling is a weapon on the line with knifes, revolvers and other guns."
Cool! Not that she meant to say something nice or so, but cool that that's the school's meaning about the sling! Grin

Gard

You never know what you might get to need, before you need it.

IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Re: Slinging at school...
Reply #1 - Nov 15th, 2005 at 10:41am

Curses, foiled again!! Cheesy

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

MammotHunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Give me a rock, a sling,
and give me some room

virginia, for now
Reply #2 - Nov 15th, 2005 at 11:13am

Yeah, I had the folks at my college ask me not to sling there, because they said they had enough problems with erosion without "Guys with slingshots doing their part" Strangely enough, they made no mention of the fact that I was using a primitive weapon on school grounds, their biggest problem was my contribution to erosionary action. Truthfully, with the campus formerly having been an ammunition dump during WW1, I think, as well as WW2, and literally littered in broken glass (which I collect for knapping), beer cans, dead animals and old fishing line and sinkers, erosion would be the least of their worries, but oh well, eh? All the same, I found a small beach on the river that flows by the college, away from the main part of campus that is covered in about 10 inches in some parts of nothing but gravel, and asphalt chunks, and granitic rocks put there as waste removal. So, I roam the beach and do a little "redistributing of the riverbank"!  Wink

Foolish is he who frets at night,&&And lies awake to worry'&&A weary man when morning comes,&&He finds all as bad as before&&-Excerpted from "The Havemal"
palaeoEvolution  
IP Logged

Stein Vegard
Descens

The n00b...

In the south of sweet, Norway
Reply #3 - Nov 16th, 2005 at 2:24pm

Hrmnf....can't they just understand that we have something called CONTROL?? Angry Bad teachers Gard...

Stein Vegard

Read your Bible....
Stein Vegard Stein Vegard  
IP Logged

Lionheart
Descens

Sling when you're winning

Near Manchester, England
Reply #4 - Nov 17th, 2005 at 12:43pm

Nice cobra cut stein!

I'm slinging in the rain, such a glorious feeling...

IP Logged

Stein Vegard
Descens

The n00b...

Reply #5 - Nov 18th, 2005 at 10:35am

HEY!!! how do you know about that? Shocked are you also a magician? No one ever told me about that.

Read your Bible....
IP Logged

Lionheart
Descens

Sling when you're winning

Near Manchester, England
Reply #6 - Nov 19th, 2005 at 9:18am

well lets just say i try, I havent got XCM, is it any good?  What sort of magic are you into.  This is slightly off topic lol!  Maybe we hsoudl do a new one in the general forum

I'm slinging in the rain, such a glorious feeling...

IP Logged

Stein Vegard
Descens

The n00b...

Reply #7 - Nov 19th, 2005 at 4:55pm

maybe we should....thats a VERY good idea to buy that dvd, and it is absolutely worth the money! trust me....even then i haven't seen the video i have a long experience inside the magicians world... Grintell me if you are gonna buy it.... Wink do you have msn messenger? if you have, we can talk there... Smiley

Read your Bible....
IP Logged

WildAtHeart
Descens

woo hoo

Atlanta GA
Reply #8 - Nov 20th, 2005 at 9:40am

I sling at my school all the time. In fact, my hall had a breakfast in the commons yesterday morning, and we all participated in the traditional "biscuit toss" where we take turns throwing the unwanted, overcooked biscuits out the window of the 2nd floor and see how far we can get them. I used my sling - unfortunately, a flaky biscuit is not the best ammo and they obliterated about 10 feet after leaving the pocket!

WWW wormscout13  
IP Logged

Stein Vegard
Descens

The n00b...

Reply #9 - Nov 20th, 2005 at 10:20am

funny....how mad was the teacher after that? Smiley

Read your Bible....
IP Logged

Wrenn
Tiro

I love Slinging.org!

Adelaide, Australia
Reply #10 - Nov 20th, 2005 at 7:11pm

Quote:
HEY!!! how do you know about that? Shocked are you also a magician?

I'm also interested in magic but mainly in coin manipulation/flourishing. There are videos on my website at http://www.coinmanipulation.com if anyone is interested.

ObOnTopic: I didnt do any slinging while I was at uni but was into long distance frisbee and boomerang's, until my home made boomerang took out a colledge window and got it confiscated Wink

Its not too suprising that people in responsibility like teachers ban these types of things. For every skilled/responsible person like us there are 50 kids who just want to chuck rocks through windows. Just try to find a place out of the main areas and you should be ok. I was worried when I started slinging recently as the best place to practice for me is about 200m from a police station, but its of the main road, sheltered by trees so I havent had any problems at all so far.

IP Logged

LKH9
Funditor

Malaysia
Reply #11 - Nov 20th, 2005 at 7:24pm

Slings and other throwing weapons are just too dangerous. Grin

IP Logged

Stein Vegard
Descens

The n00b...

Reply #12 - Nov 22nd, 2005 at 12:10pm

cool....three magicians on a slinging forum Smiley maybe we should make our own topic on the Adminastrive and other topics....i think this topic is made for slinging Cheesyand.....very nice videos!!

Read your Bible....
IP Logged

greg tylor

Reply #13 - Nov 26th, 2005 at 12:48pm

We slung in o'keffe middle school last week my friend broke a window

IP Logged

Stein Vegard
Descens

The n00b...

Reply #14 - Nov 27th, 2005 at 11:12am

Ooops....Just get in to the forum like a member Greg... We all want more members! Wink

Read your Bible....
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Chris, joe_meadmaker, Rat Man, Kick, vetryan15, Morphy)