Send Topic Print
Mpeg converter (Read 2978 times)
Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Mpeg converter
Nov 6th, 2005 at 6:14pm

i just got a dvd player, and its pretty cool. I wanted to see if i could make my own dvds so i saved a few little movies onto a disk and tryed that. Some movies work others did not. So doing a little looking around i found out that the problem is that some movies are Mpeg, and some are audio/video files. The Mpeg will play on my DVD player but the audio/video file will not.

I looked around and could not find a free converter, but i am very bad at web serches and i almost never find what i want. So i was wondering if any of you guys know where i can get a free converter or at least a cheap one. All it needs to do is convert into Mpeg.

I think chris has one, he converts some of our movies into smaller things, and i think that is what he is useing.

Im thankfull for any and all help.  Smiley

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Gun
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Slinging  Viking

The Ozarks of Ark & Mo
Re: Mpeg converter
Reply #1 - Nov 6th, 2005 at 7:49pm

I don't know about windows media player, but when i burn cd from there that are in mp3, it converts it for me. I don't know if windows media play will even burn dvd if you have a dvd burner. It might be worth a try and it is free.

"A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" Old Nordic Proverb

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #2 - Nov 7th, 2005 at 7:59am

check the other thread about this kind of thing - basically you need somethng like tmpgenc

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #3 - Nov 7th, 2005 at 3:03pm

there is another thred? huh who knew Smiley

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #4 - Nov 7th, 2005 at 3:24pm

well I looked at that kazza thing and im lost. so i got the newer one resurection or something, and i got even more lost.  Smiley

ok typed in tmpgenc in the serch thing and a whole bunch of files pop up, I dont know what one i need.

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #5 - Nov 9th, 2005 at 12:01pm

email me and I'll email it to you - use the mail link from the website link on any of my posts :-)
Probably quicker in the long run :-)

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #6 - Nov 9th, 2005 at 4:15pm

allright thanks.

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #7 - Nov 13th, 2005 at 10:27am

did you email ?
not entirely sure the mail forwarding is working from the websites.
It works for me - but a couple of people have claimed to have sent me emails from the links recently which I didn't get

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #8 - Nov 13th, 2005 at 7:19pm

i was just going to ask if you got my e-mail Grin do you think you could just e-mail me? my address is on my profile.

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #9 - Nov 14th, 2005 at 8:38am

posted as I type :-)

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #10 - Nov 14th, 2005 at 9:52pm

hmmmm it says that i need one or more codec's to play file when i converted it. But i only tryed this once so well see. but it seems to work so thanks.  Smiley

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #11 - Nov 15th, 2005 at 6:10am

try converting everything into mpeg 1 files - they're pretty universal :-)
Avoid avi's as they are codec dependant.

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #12 - Nov 15th, 2005 at 6:12pm

ahh i see i was switching stuff into mpeg2. It will play on my dvd player and that is all. but thats all i asked for so its ok.  Smiley

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #13 - Nov 16th, 2005 at 6:57am

yep unless you have a dvd playback program like powerdvd installed you won't be able to play dvd/mpeg 2 on your pc.
For some reason it seems to be a commercial codec only.

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #14 - Nov 16th, 2005 at 8:20pm

hmm for some reason it does not want to do a 25 min movie. Oh well Smiley

hey i fixed that problem. useing widows movie maker, i cut the thing in half, then convert useing the other program Grin

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Bill Skinner, Mauro Fiorentini, Chris, Masiakasaurus, David Morningstar, Curious Aardvark)