Send Topic Print
Eldest (Read 1556 times)
slingerkid

Job 39-42

Taranaki, New Zealand
Eldest
Oct 27th, 2005 at 11:58pm

Hey, has anyone else here read Eldest?
It's the second book of the inheritence triology, first book - Eragon.
It is awsome! Even better that LoTR, and that's saying a lot!

P.S. It has 668 pages, is almost two inches thick, and it took me just under two days to finish. Man i love books!

The Earth moved, and the object hit the universe, as a chair, hitting the object. The crowd leaves to avoid itself. You are of the dream you once had tomorrow. Let go of the hand that holds itself, and it will let go of yourself.
IP Logged

Chaotic Rage

Vous etes saoul!

Re: Eldest
Reply #1 - Oct 28th, 2005 at 3:34pm

Yes that is a great book! I actually like the writing style better than LOTR. It is more clear and has lots of action. I hate Murtagh though rrrr!  Angry    They said that there would be a movie of the first book in summer 2005. Well, I'm still waiting! I hope they do make one.

&&
Roychipoqua  
IP Logged

ben_banned
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #2 - Oct 28th, 2005 at 4:30pm

i love that book eldest was great too just check your library thats how i got my copy to read.

zero tolerance=zero intelligence

IP Logged

Ęthelbera
Interfector Viris Spurii

Resident Cavegirl

grieving- august 13th/09 :(
Reply #3 - Oct 28th, 2005 at 5:32pm

I have read one line
"After the seizure, he wiped the blood from his mouth"

It made my day.

...&&Each all must his end abide. august 13th, rip Sad&&Varje man är sin egen konung.
WWW Ęthelbera  
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #4 - Oct 29th, 2005 at 12:55pm

who's it by ?
and lord of the rings is possibly the only book in history where the film is better - no bloody bombadil, no sodding 300 pages of elvish poems.
Now the Hobbit there's a good book !

If you guys want to check out some real gritty fantasy dig up stephen donaldsons original ill-earth war series. The first 2 series are exceptional (2 sets of three books)
He never really wrote anything worth reading after them - bit like douglas adams and the first 3 hitchhiker books. But the ill-earth war books are as good as it gets. None of this bloody role playing elf/warrior/mage crap with happy endings. The hero is a man with leprosy who really doesn't want to be there.
The books form the basis of one of my favourite expressions: you can count them on the fingers of the left hand of thomas covenant. (he has 3 :-)
I use it for things that are rare :-)

Ie: to the point, succint postings of techstuff with no wasted verbiage - you can count those on the fingers of the left hand of thomas covenant ;-)

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Ęthelbera
Interfector Viris Spurii

Resident Cavegirl

grieving- august 13th/09 :(
Reply #5 - Oct 29th, 2005 at 3:57pm

The Iron Lance by Stephen Lawhead, I like that book.

...&&Each all must his end abide. august 13th, rip Sad&&Varje man är sin egen konung.
WWW Ęthelbera  
IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #6 - Oct 29th, 2005 at 5:02pm

i hated lord of the rings

but i like the hobbit pretty well

there is some more tulken books that are prettey good, i liked a few of his imcomplete storys like turger black sword. (i forget the name of it)

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Bill Skinner, Masiakasaurus, David Morningstar, Chris, Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini)