Video editing (Read 1709 times)
Joseph Curwen

Wild sling, you make my
heart sing...

France
Video editing
Oct 26th, 2005 at 8:55am

Hi,

i am looking for some tools under windows to edit videos.

I don't need powerfull software, just a way to cut the scene, reduce the size and/or quality of avi files, and maybe convert them to gain size.

The goal is to post some videos taken with a digital camera.

Of course, freeware are a priority.

Any advices are welcome

Thanks in advance

Joseph

IP Logged

Matthias
Past Moderator

Gatineau/Ottawa QC, Canada
Re: Video editing
Reply #1 - Oct 26th, 2005 at 12:15pm

I'm pretty sure that I've been using the new version of Microsoft's "movie maker" (on another computer). It seems to do a good job of short stuff, has some reasonably effective controls and useful special effects/titles/transitions. It's free (if you are using windows), compact, and doesn't clutter up my computer.

Lots of freeware/shareware options as well.

Matthias

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #2 - Oct 27th, 2005 at 8:45pm

this is what im looking for too. Do you have a link Smiley? I just want to cut a scene out of a video then hook that up on another video.

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #3 - Oct 29th, 2005 at 12:23pm

TMPGenc - is a pretty good cropper/converter. Generally it will convert to and from any codec you have installed.
go to www.filesharingplace.com - download kazaa lite and look for it on there. Kazaalite is file sharing program with no popups, spyware, or other related hassles that most have these days. You will need to change the kazaa lite options/ traffic as it is installed with 0 downloadable things - I normally set it to around 30 for broadband and the upload to 2 (is unlimited by default)

You can get most software off kazaa :-)

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

BrianS
Descens

Does Tux love to Sling?!?

NY, USA
Reply #4 - Dec 22nd, 2005 at 9:31am

I'm not sure it will do what you want, but I know there is software called "FrontCam" that's free and does video editing.

At least I've used it to make some video tutorials of software running on my machine.  There is also a package called "VirtualDub" to do sound edits.

Hope this helps.

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #5 - Dec 22nd, 2005 at 2:53pm

haha between tmp and windows movie maker i am all squared away!

what up with bringing up all these old threads any way Smiley?

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

BrianS
Descens

Does Tux love to Sling?!?

NY, USA
Reply #6 - Dec 22nd, 2005 at 4:33pm

Well these are all new threads to me.  Just trying to be helpful on stuff I know about, since I don't really know that much on slinging itself.  So, if there is some tidbit I can add I can't resist posting to it.

I think I helped Beaverbutt8 find out about Blender3D but it seems I didn't get any credit.  Roll Eyes Sorry just had to add that too.  Wink

I'll stop digging up the old stuff if its bugging you people.
Brian

IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Reply #7 - Dec 22nd, 2005 at 5:26pm

Brian,
Please keep reading the old posts, and if you think the answer is not yet given, please post it.

Willeke

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
Bad spellers of the world: untie!
IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #8 - Dec 22nd, 2005 at 8:07pm

I did not want to sound mean, i was just wondering.

hey good job of helping beaver too Grin

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Chris, Masiakasaurus, Bill Skinner, David Morningstar, Mauro Fiorentini)