Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Poison! (Read 11511 times)
Chaotic Rage

Vous etes saoul!

Poison!
Oct 23rd, 2005 at 7:27pm

Well I was wondering if there were any good poison recipes/plants anyone knows of. I am especially looking for a primitive kind, like I could simply find a plant and make the poison. Preferably a plant that grows in the NE U.S. area, maybe common. I have holly, and I know that it is poisonous, at least if it is eaten, and I have stinging nettle, so they may give you ideas. Thanks in advance  Cheesy Oh and don't worry I'm not planning to kill anyone with them!  Tongue

&&
Roychipoqua  
IP Logged

Kold
Ex Member

Re: Poison!
Reply #1 - Oct 23rd, 2005 at 9:00pm

I have studied plants extensivly for years. The inside of a peach pit contains massive amounts of Cyanide. Apple seeds on the other hand only contain small amounts of it. Oleander causes lung pyralisis. Morning glory will cause halusinations. The list goes on and on and you can find all the info you want in your public library. Just look up "poisonous plants".

IP Logged

beaverbutt8
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 23rd, 2005 at 9:04pm

Hmm, interesting....... [ Evil laugh ]

IP Logged

ben_banned
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #3 - Oct 23rd, 2005 at 9:34pm

take poop preferably horse then cook till it becomes liquid pull ouy all the extra stuff like hay ect. the coat a knife spear whatever and that will pretty much kill with in 5 min

zero tolerance=zero intelligence

IP Logged

Hellfire
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Oct 23rd, 2005 at 10:33pm

I dont think that would kill in 5 minutes. Might eventually give them gangrene and they die, but not 5 min. Use deadly nightshade berries, preferably purple, for killing stuff. Dont know what you want to kill, but whatever

IP Logged

Tumakas

Reply #5 - Oct 23rd, 2005 at 11:04pm

I'm in martial arts and my guro taught me this:

Take some of your own feces and urine, whisk it in a cup and leave for 5 days in the sun. Afterwards, coat your blade with it then, of course, wash your hands. He said the the bacteria is so bad the it works in three minutes, but i haven't tried it.

IP Logged

Grautr
Descens

Waes thu hael

Maastricht the Netherlands
Reply #6 - Oct 24th, 2005 at 4:50am

Hi,
Morning glory although it causes hallucinations, is not strong enough in any part of the plant to make a blade poison. I'm quite sure of this because I grow and use these seeds myself.
Coating your blade with piss and poopy would work to cause infection but I have high doubts about 3 or 5 minute kills. But it does work. It was a common tactic of the Viet Cong to coat punji stakes like this.
I have read a couple of times that the sap of the Yew tree is quite poisonous and it is believed that it was used to coat arrow heads in medieval times. It might be worth looking into but I'm not sure if the Yew grows in North America.
Another possibility would be wolfsbane. This is highly poisonous, only 1/15 of a gram of leaf material ingested can cause death in an adult. Mixing the crushed seeds (these often have the highest concentrations of chemicals in a plant) with fat should provide an adequate medium for coating a blade with poison. You could also try looking at Monkshood, hemlock or the various datura species.

it was so cold that year that everyones tongues stuck to their noses.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #7 - Oct 24th, 2005 at 7:51am

then of course you've got ricin which is refined from the castor oil plant and will kill within minutes.

The most virulent bacteria in the world are produced in the saliva of the komodo dragon and while it's pretty much uncurable it will take hours or days to kill.
Bacteria themselves aren't dangerous it's the toxins they excrete.
The worst being anerobic bacteria which produce botulinus toxin.
If you ever open a tin can and there is a strong smell of rotten eggs - throw it away immediately as anerobic bacteria metabolise sulphur and hydrogen sulphide is a common by product as well as botulinas toxin and others of that familiy.

The biggest problem and best reason to leave well alone as far as poisons go is the EXTREMELY high risk of self contamination. 

Read up on them by all means but I'd advise against making any unless you are very well versed in laboratory techniques and have some kind of hygiene fetish.
There are numerous cases through the ages of poisoners who have inadvertently poisoned themselves.

Plus it's about the most dishonourable weapon there is :-)

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Reply #8 - Oct 24th, 2005 at 11:57am

There are tons of poisonous plants in the NE. I do classes on plant uses. Just a few are
Baneberry
Wild Hydrangea ( the worst)
  Hellebore
  Nightshade
  jimsonweed
  Fly Agaric mushroom
  Shaggy mane mushroom, when combined with alcohol- my prefered way of poisoning someone
   Hoarse chestnut
heheheh

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #9 - Oct 24th, 2005 at 12:17pm

intresting point on the old fly agarics - for anyone who doesn't know fly agaric is the classic large toadstool (toadstools and mushrooms are the same thing)  with red top and white spots.
Anyway what it does is intoxicates you. The vikings used to feed it to their servants and then drink their servants urine. As the servants kidneys & liver would filter out the worst of the toxins and just leave the stuff that made you feel drunk and powerful.

One of the theories is that berserkers were the vikings who'd drunk the fly agaric flavoured urine before going into battle.
:-)
It's educational this forum :-)

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Grautr
Descens

Waes thu hael

Maastricht the Netherlands
Reply #10 - Oct 24th, 2005 at 2:02pm

Im familiar with fly agaric, Ive eaten them a few times. Your tale of the vikings using them is interesting and I havent heard it before. In Siberia it was the complete opposite. The rich people would eat the mushroom while the peasants would wait for them to piss and drink that. The reason for this is that the active chemicals are not broken down by the body. In fact you can even drink the piss off someone who has drunk the piss and it will still work.
I'm not sure about the berserks using fly agaric in battle. Working out a correct dosage with them is difficult as the strengh of one mushroom to the next can be quite different. This can lead to hardly noticable effects to a complete divorce of mind and body, just what you dont need in a fight. They could have used alcohol of course, or another suggestion is one of the milder datura related plants like Henbane. Up until the middleages pilz beer used to be brewed with Henbane leaf.
But the nearest example we have to the berserks were the Amoks, who also worked themselves into a battle frenze, but because they were muslims did not ingest any drugs or alcohol.
The Amoks were so vicious that US Officers facing them asked for the caliber of their revolvers to be increased because 6 shots with their old revolvers (sorry cant remember the exact caliber) sometimes would not stop a man in battlefrenzie.

it was so cold that year that everyones tongues stuck to their noses.

IP Logged

Zorrro
Funditor

Yeah, i guess most of
us love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Granada (Spain)
Reply #11 - Oct 24th, 2005 at 2:13pm

i'm not too keen in botanics,  but long ago i was searching for such a poison and i read somewhere that here in Spain they used to poison darts with aconito (aconitum napellus) I don't know wich part of the plant, or how they did to get the poison tho...

Never disturb your enemy when it's making a mistake (Napoleon Bonaparte)

IP Logged

Chaotic Rage

Vous etes saoul!

Reply #12 - Oct 24th, 2005 at 3:37pm

Ooh lots of replies. Thank you everyone.
Kold, peach pits eh? I have a lot of those. I'll research and find out more.
Then, I'll have to try that strong poop and urine mixture. It could be a could blowgun poison if it works that fast.

&&
Roychipoqua  
IP Logged

Castle7

I'm on fire today!!

GR, Michigan
Reply #13 - Oct 24th, 2005 at 4:08pm

What in the world are you planning on shooting????  Undecided

If I build it, they will run.&&-Mikeel&&&&

IP Logged

Zorrro
Funditor

Yeah, i guess most of
us love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Granada (Spain)
Reply #14 - Oct 24th, 2005 at 5:01pm

Aconite tubers and leaves are frequently of very poor quality, and with foreign admixture as found in market, having been gathered without regard to season, species, or quality, by the poor peasants while engaged in watching the grazing herds. The shrivelled and decaying growth of the previous year is, as compared with the recent growth, relatively feebler. The aconites were well known to the ancient Greeks, Romans, and Chinese. It provided certain native tribes of the East with an active arrow poison. The root should be collected in winter or early spring; the leaves just before the blossoming period, or when the plant has but partially bloomed. The virtues of aconite remain intact upon drying, the whole plant being acrid and fully yielding its medicinal properties to alcohol. Various other plant species are present as admixtures, and especially, according to Holmes (Pharm. Jour., 1877), are substituted the roots of the Imperatoria Ostruthium, Linné. (European masterwort). As the latter tuber is aromatic, its detection is not difficult, though the roots somewhat resemble the aconite tubers. Good aconite is usually known by its characteristic benumbing taste. Aconite was introduced into modern medicine by Baron Störck, of Vienna, about 1762.
more info at:
http://www.ibiblio.org/herbmed/eclectic/kings/aconitum-nape.html

Never disturb your enemy when it's making a mistake (Napoleon Bonaparte)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark, Bill Skinner, David Morningstar, Chris, Masiakasaurus, Rat Man)