SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Slings as Belts (Read 3841 times)
Taiki

Re: Slings as Belts
Reply #15 - Nov 14th, 2005 at 3:53pm

well how about not using the sling as a belt for say but just hanhinh it round your wast trough the belt loops start a new trend who knows maybe it'll be a big fashion hit  Grin

IP Logged

MammotHunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Give me a rock, a sling,
and give me some room

virginia, for now
Reply #16 - Nov 14th, 2005 at 6:31pm

I've done this at work, occasionally. Nobody has yet noticed, but I like having the sling on me should I get a chance to use it on my break. So, tuck it through the belt loops, wrap the retention knot through the finger loop, pull tight and tuck hanging end into a pocket, or leave hanging for the more nonchalent moments. I like to sometimes wear mine as a sash across my chest too. That really gets people's attention!

Foolish is he who frets at night,&&And lies awake to worry'&&A weary man when morning comes,&&He finds all as bad as before&&-Excerpted from "The Havemal"
palaeoEvolution  
IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #17 - Nov 14th, 2005 at 11:59pm

That drawing is terrific! I hope that Chris is using John for the illustrations in the book.                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Also, if you don't want your pants to fall down when you take off your belt/sling, you gotta take all the rocks, lead glans, fishing weights, and frozen penguins out of your pockets Grin Grin Grin Grin

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

MammotHunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Give me a rock, a sling,
and give me some room

virginia, for now
Reply #18 - Nov 15th, 2005 at 11:16am

LMAO!!! Oh, man. Yeah, if you leave those frozen penguins in your pockets they start getting a little "ripe" after a few hours.

Foolish is he who frets at night,&&And lies awake to worry'&&A weary man when morning comes,&&He finds all as bad as before&&-Excerpted from "The Havemal"
palaeoEvolution  
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #19 - Nov 15th, 2005 at 2:46pm

you just can't get frozen penguins like in the old days.

Or pockets big enough :-)

I was arrested by the wonderful stoke police while a student. The arresting officer had to draw extra boxes on the arrest sheet because I had so many things in my pockets he ran out of room writing it all down.

But alas no penguins at that particular time :-(

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

MammotHunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Give me a rock, a sling,
and give me some room

virginia, for now
Reply #20 - Nov 15th, 2005 at 2:54pm

Who are what, are the Stoke Police? To me, it sounds like a futuristic police force in a sci fi novel or something.

palaeoEvolution  
IP Logged

magnumslinger
Descens

I don't sling a thing
if I ain't got my sling!

United Arab Emirates
Reply #21 - Nov 20th, 2005 at 9:32am

You could also wear TWO slings as suspenders! Tongue  You could also wear another one round the waist, another as a necklace, and another as a headband.  If you wore trousers that FIT and stayed up without the belt you could even use them ALL!  Shocked LOL!

You could be like "Six-Gun Tex" who, despite his name, never carried a revolver, but got his name because he always carried six different guns!  Roll Eyes

Slinging.org people are progressive preservers of pre-historic protective, pantry-packing, and post-paleolithic parabellum practices...and they're also generally REALLY COOL!  Their bootlaces are their arsenal, and the world is their ammo dump!

IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #22 - Nov 21st, 2005 at 5:56am

I see no need to really wear one as a belt. But my sling is usaly in my pocket. In my luggage while flying. When ever checked. it just gets dismissed with out even a ? to what it is.

Albert Scott C bigbadwolf41 77940+hwy+99+south,+Spc+22  
IP Logged

magnumslinger
Descens

I don't sling a thing
if I ain't got my sling!

United Arab Emirates
Reply #23 - Nov 21st, 2005 at 10:22am

Yes, I figured that you would go for the most practical and efficient way to carry the sling, Lobohunter, which is just another reason why I'm a big fan of yours!  I really think using the sling to wear around the body, etc. is fine, although I have fun joking about it!  I don't think I'll be doing so in the near future, but who knows?

Many of the people who have posted here regarding this have had some really good ideas, though!

Slinging.org people are progressive preservers of pre-historic protective, pantry-packing, and post-paleolithic parabellum practices...and they're also generally REALLY COOL!  Their bootlaces are their arsenal, and the world is their ammo dump!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Morphy, Rat Man, Kick, joe_meadmaker, Curious Aardvark, Chris, vetryan15)