Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Ok, in no less than 500 words..... (Read 9286 times)
english
Ex Member

Re: Ok, in no less than 500 words.....
Reply #30 - Sep 15th, 2005 at 1:48pm

If I had to draw a diagram to represent Techstuf, it's main, over-riding characteristic would be that it is very, very small.
  You seem to have no problem quoting the Bible, an admittedly more modern (and therefore, of course, better) book, but you pour scorn on the writings of Chinese philosophers.  Perhaps they just don't like to pour down fire and brimstone, and they have no real point of view on the floods in New Orleans - perhaps this is their fault.  Whatever you believe, allow the ancient Chinese philosophers room against your prophets.  Otherwise, I shall conclude that you are not educated, for after all; "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."
  Sun Zi, btw, would not come out with such ludicrous horse testicles.
  I don't believe Tech is a lesbian.  Lesbians tend to be open-minded and non-religious.  In my experience.

IP Logged

Yahweh Bless you in Yeshua
Interfector Viris Spurii

Matthew 11:25-30

Reply #31 - Sep 15th, 2005 at 4:03pm

That's not fair!...... I bet you aren't this hard on the blokes over at "The Chronicles of Narnia" fanclub forum.  BTW, they just emailed.....they want their site registrant back.  Cheesy

Quote:
Otherwise, I shall conclude that you are not educated

Not again! Promise this time?

Quote:
for after all; "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Good one, spring that jewel on one of the educators at Oxford next time you see'em!  I can see the prof's face now....as he responds dryly...."my dear boy, you give new meaning to the term "Oxymoron" and BTW, Forbes called, he wants his quote back!  (buddum bum)

Just kidding!

You'll probably get a big hug and a cookie.

Tongue

P.S. Ghengis Khan was a poet and didn't know it....(the extent of my knowledge on eastern philosophy Wink)

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #32 - Sep 15th, 2005 at 4:19pm

Oh dear God, the humour!  The skill and wit with words!  The power of the text has really crashed down hard on my precocious little head.  I can't stand to read it any longer, for it does damage my ego so!
  I did what you did, you know - took a long time coming up with a very offensive response that doesn't address any of the central issues at hand, blah blah blah.  It's infuriatingly unoriginal, though.

IP Logged

Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #33 - Sep 15th, 2005 at 4:24pm

Quote:
you pour scorn on the writings of Chinese philosophers

No, as the objective observer can see, just the juvenile and incessant quoting of them...

Grin

And as the Dali Lama would say.....

LOL.

P.S.  I noticed you skillfully avoided the Narnia thing.  Kudos!

Wink

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Reply #34 - Sep 15th, 2005 at 4:29pm

Gentlemen, and all other readers,
Please be gentle with each other. One such fight a year is enough, and you have had yours already.

Willeke

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
Bad spellers of the world: untie!
IP Logged

Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #35 - Sep 15th, 2005 at 4:38pm

And here I thought you were the 'roast with the most', Willeke, you....

"Hypocriticallaughingoutloudatmyhilariousenglishroastwhileinthesameveintakingita
weebittooseriouslytopicignoringtwit"

Wink

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #36 - Sep 15th, 2005 at 5:29pm

Come on guys......it's a roast.  That was the intial object of the thread.

Besides,  english has learned a valuable lesson in time for the litmus' test awaiting him at Oxford....

How to take the high road!  To be the better man and walk away.  (Either that or he just went to bed.)

In some very, very small way, I like the kid....Life's dealt him a few knocks.  And I don't make a marginal ass of myself as a social responsibility object lesson for just anyone!  Undecided

Besides, as the African proverb goes...."It takes a village to raise a child."

Or in this case,  "A village idiot to raise a man child".

Just one of the many public services I shamelessly provide.

And whenever life gets too serious.....always remember:

"Tis better to stay a child at heart, than a child at mind"

Now......Let the 'presumptuous fatherly surrogate' castigations and wifely eye rolling begin!

(mwaaahahaaa!)

Peace,

TS
8)

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #37 - Sep 15th, 2005 at 8:28pm

now how did this start? i guess it does not matter at anyrate you two fight as if you where brothers! except you dont make up afterwords.

hmmm

when i was younger and i fought with my brother my mom would not feed any of us untill we made up. and if we would last longer then a day and where still on each others nerves she would hand us boxing gloves, and let us duke it out untill we where done.

she said if that did not work she would make us kiss, thank god i almost always gave up after the day without food.

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Gun
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Slinging  Viking

The Ozarks of Ark & Mo
Reply #38 - Sep 16th, 2005 at 12:15am

Willeke you haven't been here for very long. These two have done this ever since I came onto the forum. I have been here since the beginneing. About once a month most of the time. This month must be a "blue moon month"  Wink

"A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" Old Nordic Proverb

IP Logged

Smudge

Sticks and stones WILL
brake your bones.

everywhere
Reply #39 - Sep 16th, 2005 at 8:07am

Yeah, that fight on the Hurricane thread was somthing to see Shocked.

IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Reply #40 - Sep 16th, 2005 at 10:50am

They may do it once a month, but for the other users of the forum I think once a year for a real fight is enough. (I think we can all ignore a few barbs.)

My mother always promised us to bang our head together and next put us under the cold tap. (She never did as long as I remember.)

Willeke

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
Bad spellers of the world: untie!
IP Logged

Gun
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Slinging  Viking

The Ozarks of Ark & Mo
Reply #41 - Sep 16th, 2005 at 10:54am

I think we tried to get them their own topic one time so they would leave the general discussion alone. They now are doing it here which is a lot better than the general discussion. I wouldn't complain if it is here.

"A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" Old Nordic Proverb

IP Logged

Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #42 - Sep 16th, 2005 at 3:04pm

I have kindly entreatied english for heart to heart private discussion on several occasions, with no success. As he prefers to attempt to sharpen the dullard's rapier in public.  He is the model of his generation....dishing out the crap but stubbornly refusing to have it land in his own lap.  In this particular thread, anyone who contributes is 'fair' game for a good ribbing and I have enjoyed the responses, including SV's "lesbianinamansbody" reply.  Recognizing the obvious humor in the spirit of the thread, I got a great laugh out of that one, and I'm sure he did as well.  

The thin skinned onion can't hide in this kitchen.... Cry  Cheesy

I make no apologies for my refusal to suffer a fool.  Here in this thread or anywhere for that matter.  Too many spoiled, cocksure, contentious little snobs in the world as it is......thanks largely to a world which prefers an apathetic status quo and coddling insecurities rather than secure it's future.  

And the world is heading quickly for a big collective spanking largely because it.  The treacherous art of subjective rationalization is being taught everywhere these days, as a form of intellectual self help tool.

"Teach a young man to think that he's thinking and he will love you.  Make him really think, and he may hate you."

Peace,

TS

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

Dale
Interfector Viris Spurii

California, USA
Reply #43 - Sep 16th, 2005 at 4:28pm

Willeke,
Mothers always say something like that.  My mother used to say she was going to stuff us both (or all) in a sack, shake it up and see who fell out first.  This threat usually stopped the fight; when we were younger we were afraid she would actually do it; when we were older we just recognized she was saying we were getting out of hand.

No, I don't live in a glass house.&&&&"If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization."&&&&Context matters!  "Nothing but net" is a BAD thing in tennis...
IP Logged

sv
Funditor

ireland
Reply #44 - Sep 16th, 2005 at 8:22pm

it would appear that it's harder to sling poopy than stones, you get plenty of splashes bouncing back. guys guys, we're here out of an interest in ancient warfare and projectile weapons,  there's no need to fight   Grin
sv

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, David Morningstar, Mauro Fiorentini, Chris, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark, Bill Skinner)