Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
WELCOME TO THE SLING SHOT COMPETITION IN SPAIN. (Read 10395 times)
MONTE AVENTURA
Tiro

The Real Spanish Shepherd

WELCOME TO THE SLING SHOT COMPETITION IN SPAIN.
Aug 28th, 2005 at 8:09pm

VI CONCURSO MONTE AVENTURA DE TIRO CON HONDA
DOMINGO, 02/OCTUBRE/05 EN LA FERIA DE ISTÁN (MÁLAGA). ANDALUCIA - SPAIN -.

Después de interés despertado en anteriores años por la original prueba y coincidiendo con la Feria y Fiestas de Istán, el próximo domingo, 2 de octubre a las 5 de la tarde se celebrará el VI Concurso MONTE AVENTURA de Tiro con Honda en el lugar denominado Mirador "Tajo Banderas".

MONTE AVENTURA, tu guía más natural es una empresa dedicada a ofrecer rutas guiadas al Parque Natural "Sierra de las Nieves", y comprometida con el medio ambiente y las tradiciones de los pueblos de la Sierra. En sus excursiones son numerosas las veces que se cruzan con pastores y cabreros y aprenden de sus costumbres. Entre ellas, la Honda que es su principal herramienta tradicional y que aun hoy en día es usada por ellos.

Este útil, es una larga trenza de fibra vegetal (esparto o pita) que ellos elaboran de forma artesanal. Su función de lanzar piedras les sirve para conducir el ganado o para defenderlo de animales salvajes.

Este Concurso tiene por objetivo promocionar este deporte autóctono, promover las costumbres y la cultura local y rendir un simpático homenaje a los auténticos protagonistas de estas sierras, los cabreros y pastores. Con su callada labor son los que aún mantienen un ancestral modo de vida en contacto directo con la naturaleza y que conservan las costumbres, las tradiciones y la artesanía de otros tiempos y que se han perdido en otros lares.

Algunas veces infravalorados, estos paisanos son los conocedores de los rincones más recónditos de las montañas y sus más fieles protectores. Siempre dispuestos a ayudar tanto en favor del medio ambiente (caso de incendio, etc.) como prestando su hospitalidad al ser humano (orientación, rescates, etc.).

El VI Concurso de Tiro con Honda augura una alta expectación por la gran participación y la gran destreza demostrada en competiciones anteriores. Cabreros y aficionados de la Sierra de las Nieves así como visitantes de la Costa harán habilidad de su puntería.

La inscripción es pública y gratuita por lo que está abierta a todo el interesado que desee participar. Se realizarán demostraciones de Tiro con Honda a larga distancia. Pero este torneo en sí consistirá en demostrar las habilidades de puntería de cada participante a 30 m. de la diana.

Las hondas las cederá la organización aunque cada participante podrá hacer uso de la suya.

La prueba, con dos niveles juvenil y adulto, tendrá una fase de clasificación y otra final. Los premios a repartir entre los diferentes niveles serán trofeos para los ganadores y para los campeones además de trofeos, libros para los jóvenes, y para los adultos una pata de jamón, vino. Se entregará reconocimiento al hondero más veterano.  También habrá un premio especial al cabrero que vista el vestuario tradicional, mejor ataviado.

Durante la celebración de este Torneo de honda, se realizará un taller artesanal de elaboración de hondas de esparto. Donde además de  poder observar y aprender como se hacen, se podrán comprar diferentes productos tradicionales.

Este VI Concurso de Tiro con Honda de la Teria de Istán está organizado por MONTE AVENTURA. Los organizadores quieren expresar el más sincero agradecimiento aL Ayuntamiento de Istán, Bar Troyano, Proinsermant, Cruzcampo, Coca-Cola, Diputación de Málaga y Mancomunidad Sierra de las Nieves, entidades colaboradoras que se han volcado generosamente para contribuir en preservar las tradiciones, la cultura y la identidad de los pueblos de la Sierra.

MONTE AVENTURA quiere invitar a “panochos” y visitantes, a honderos-cabreros, a aficionados o curiosos a practicar y a disfrutar de este simpático torneo y a participar del ambiente festivo de la Feria de Istán.

Esperando contar con su presencia para dar cobertura a esta interesante actividad. Rogamos confirme su asistencia para facilitarle su labor.

Se despide con cordiales saludos

Antonio Calvo Aguilar,
MONTE AVENTURA.
info@monteaventura.com
Móvil 00 34 656 96 04 78
Tlfno. 00 34 952 88 15 19

« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2005 at 12:47pm by MONTE AVENTURA »  
IP Logged

friebejr

Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Re: WELCOME TO THE SLING SHOT COMPETITION IN SPAIN
Reply #1 - Aug 29th, 2005 at 7:50am

I'd love to be there...
Maybe in 2006...
PS: Nice pictures!!!! Wink

IP Logged

MONTE AVENTURA
Tiro

ISTAN - SLING SHOT COMPETITION IN SPAIN.
Reply #2 - Aug 29th, 2005 at 2:22pm

« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2005 at 12:58pm by MONTE AVENTURA »  
IP Logged

MONTE AVENTURA
Tiro

MAP OF THE SLING SHOT COMPETITION IN SPAIN.
Reply #3 - Aug 30th, 2005 at 1:20pm

If you need a map to go there, visit http://istan.es/informacion/pagina.asp?pag=enlace_N2_P2_O3

IP Logged

Dale
Interfector Viris Spurii

California, USA
Reply #4 - Aug 30th, 2005 at 6:17pm

For those of us that don't speak Spanish, here is an attempt at a translation into English.  Translations were done by Comprendium (http://www.comprendium.es) and BabelFish (http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr), and then compared, combined, and perhaps ruined, by me.

-------------------------

Sixth MONTE AVENTURA Slinging Competition
Sunday, the second of October 2005, at the Istan Fair in Malaga, Andalucia, Spain

Due to interest drawn by the prior competitions, and in agreement with the Fair and Celebrations of Istán, the Sixth MOUNT ADVENTURE Slinging Competition will be held on Sunday, the 5th of October at 5:00 in the afternoon, at the "Edge Flags"(?) Viewpoint.

MONTE AVENTURA, your best nature guide, is a company dedicated to offering guided tours through the Sierra de las Nieves Nature Park, where you can partake of the environment and the traditions of the mountain towns (not real sure about this sentence...).  Tourists frequently encounter shepherds and goatherds, and can learn about their customs, including the sling, their traditional and continuing tool for herding.

This tool is a long handmade braid of fiber (esparto or pita), used for casting stones, both to herd sheep or goats and to defend them from wild animals.

This Competition is designed to promote the native sport of slinging, and also to promote the local customs and culture, and pay tribute to the authentic protagonists of the mountain ranges, the goatherds and shepherds.  In their quiet work, they maintain an ancestral way of life in close communion with nature, and they preserve traditions and crafts that have become lost to our modern world.

Sometimes underestimated, these countrymen are connoisseurs of the hidden reaches of the mountains, and are their most faithful protectors.  They are always willing to assist in protecting the environment (in case of fire or other natural disaster) and hospitable toward other people (giving directions, assisting with rescues, and so on).

The Sixth Slinging Competition presages a high expectation, due to the large participation and the great skill demonstrated in previous competitions.  Goatherds and aficianados of the Sierra de las Nieves, as wel as visitors from the Coast, will demonstrate their skills and accuracy.

The inscription(?) is public and free, and so is open to all who are interested and wish to participate.  There will be demonstrations of long-distance slinging, but the competition proper will consist of demonstrating accuracy with the sling at 30 metres from the target.

Slings will be provided by the organizers, for those participants who choose not to use their own slings.

The contest will have two categories, for youth and for adults, and will be divided into two phases, qualification(?) and the finals(?).  Prizes to be distributed include trophies for the champions, secondary trophies, books for the youth and a leg of ham and bottle of wine for the adults.  Special recognition will be given to the oldest(?) slinger present.  There will also be a special prize for the goatherd who best shows the traditional attire.

During the celebration of this tournament, a craft workshop will take place, where one may learn how to make slings from esparto.  Other traditional products will also be exhibited for sale.

This Sixth Slinging Competition of the Teria de Istan is organized by MONTE AVENTURA.  The organizers wish to epxress their sincere gratitude to the town council of Istan, the Trojan Bar, Proinsermant, Curzcamp, Coca-Cola, the regional government of Malaga and the Association of the Sierra de las Nieves, organizations that have collaborated and have very generously contributed to preserving the traditions, culture and identity of the towns of the Sierra.

MONTE AVENTURA wishes to invite panochos(?) and visitors, slinger/goatherds and aficianados of the sling, to compete and to enjoy this excellent competition, and to share in the festive atmosphere of the Fair of Istan.

We hope we can count on your presence at this interesting event.  Please confirm your attendance, to facilitate our work(? -- registration, etc?).

I take my leave, with warm greetings,

Antonio Calvo Aguilar, 
MONTE AVENTURA. 
info@monteaventura.com
Cell phone: 00 34 656 96 04 78
Telephone: 00 34 952 88 15 19

No, I don't live in a glass house.&&&&"If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization."&&&&Context matters!  "Nothing but net" is a BAD thing in tennis...
IP Logged

sv
Funditor

ireland
Reply #5 - Aug 30th, 2005 at 6:24pm

i hope to attend ££ permitting
sv

IP Logged

Dale
Interfector Viris Spurii

California, USA
Reply #6 - Aug 30th, 2005 at 7:00pm

I hope I translated the part right, about the event being free.  The organizer is a commercial tourism company; but they have a number of large corporate sponsors, so maybe they were given enough money to cover all the costs, and you won't have to pay -- except to get there!

No, I don't live in a glass house.&&&&"If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization."&&&&Context matters!  "Nothing but net" is a BAD thing in tennis...
IP Logged

MONTE AVENTURA
Tiro

Reply #7 - Aug 31st, 2005 at 4:34pm

Participate in the Sling Shot Contest is free!!

IP Logged

friebejr

Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Reply #8 - Aug 31st, 2005 at 9:11pm

" (...)perhaps ruined(...)" Roll Eyes

The translation was fine, you really did a good work. Congratulations!!!! Smiley

Well, I am convinced that: 1. The translator tool you used is good; and 2. Even if you don't know, it sounds to me that you are really good in spanish... I know this tools are not perfect - and will they be someday? - so you had to "paste" and adpted it... and did it nicely.

IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Sep 1st, 2005 at 12:44pm

I'm sure you can get there from Southampton as well.  Anyways, if anyone turns up from America, please don't be shocked when you get off the plane and everyone is English, fat and completely sunburnt.

IP Logged

ben_banned
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #10 - Sep 1st, 2005 at 8:22pm

lol

zero tolerance=zero intelligence

IP Logged

Tint
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Hong Kong
Reply #11 - Sep 4th, 2005 at 3:39am

Reading the title, I thought this was a "sling-shot" competition......... Tongue

I'd love to be there, but I have already used up my holidays............. Cry

IP Logged

Grautr
Descens

Waes thu hael

Maastricht the Netherlands
Reply #12 - Sep 4th, 2005 at 8:08am

Quote:
I'm sure you can get there from Southampton as well.  Anyways, if anyone turns up from America, please don't be shocked when you get off the plane and everyone is English, fat and completely sunburnt.

hehe;

oh we're off to dance in sunny Spain...el viva Espanya. La la la la .....

it was so cold that year that everyones tongues stuck to their noses.

IP Logged

Tito

Australia
Reply #13 - Sep 4th, 2005 at 9:25pm

What about Australia? are Aussies welcome ($ permitting for me too)
Tito

That's one small sling for David. One giant headache for Goliath.&&The safest place to stand when I sling, is right in front of me!

IP Logged

MONTE AVENTURA
Tiro

Reply #14 - Sep 24th, 2005 at 10:06am

Are you training? . . .

I bet you a crate of beer or a box of wine.           ...

CheesyJa, Ja, . . .Ja    Grin             

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, joe_meadmaker, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Kick, Morphy, vetryan15)