Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Re: Alcohol, the other primitive weapon (Read 8031 times)
english
Ex Member

Re: Alcohol, the other primitive weapon
Aug 3rd, 2005 at 7:04am

Alcohol has been used throughout history as a weapon.  Get the enemy drunk, then kill them.  And I'd agree that it's quite primitive.  And I make it, and I know a lot of people do.  Got beer making kit in my brother's bedroom.

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #1 - Aug 3rd, 2005 at 8:04am

i have tryed to make wine out of grapes i got from my moms garden, man was that stuff nasty.  Smiley

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Matt_C
Funditor

Cruachan!!!

Cheshire, England
Reply #2 - Aug 3rd, 2005 at 10:23am

I consider my mead a weapon against civilized conduct.

The last time I saw a rainbow I threw my beard over it

IP Logged

Chaotic Rage

Vous etes saoul!

Reply #3 - Aug 3rd, 2005 at 11:34am

Wasn't someone going to make a banana wine a while back? Mmmm  Smiley

&&
Roychipoqua  
IP Logged

britishslinger

slings the handheld arlilery

Reply #4 - Aug 3rd, 2005 at 1:04pm

ha brandy burns well

listen to old people

IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Aug 3rd, 2005 at 1:53pm

It also tastes good.  A better use for brandy would be to solve differences over a glass or two.  Or three.  Rather than fight with it, or burn something with it.

IP Logged

Zorrro
Funditor

Yeah, i guess most of
us love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Granada (Spain)
Reply #6 - Aug 4th, 2005 at 12:42pm

Quote:
Alcohol has been used throughout history as a weapon.  Get the enemy drunk, then kill them.  .

better get the enemy alcoholic and still selling them booze and making $$$$$

Never disturb your enemy when it's making a mistake (Napoleon Bonaparte)

IP Logged

Hellfire
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Aug 6th, 2005 at 2:26pm

Alcohol is not really a weapon (pretty close though). It's a severe detriment to the user, and that usually tips the scale and lets the other guy kill him. I suppose you should run a huge alcohol trade- steal their money, then attack when they are all drunk. Pretty decent tactics, if the enemy's discipline is loose. I suppose that started and finished a few wars.

IP Logged

Grautr
Descens

Waes thu hael

Maastricht the Netherlands
Reply #8 - Aug 6th, 2005 at 3:13pm

Quote:
Alcohol has been used throughout history as a weapon.  Get the enemy drunk, then kill them.

Hi,
every society that had access to alcohol used it in battle, to fortify themselves before going in. Some societies also use drugs, even hallucinogenic plants, to foster a fighting mood.

regards,

Neal

it was so cold that year that everyones tongues stuck to their noses.

IP Logged

britishslinger

Reply #9 - Aug 7th, 2005 at 3:21am

couldnt they make a super alcohol to drop as a mist on the enemy

what has american beer got in common with a rowing boat

there both close to water

listen to old people

IP Logged

Matt_C
Funditor

Cruachan!!!

Cheshire, England
Reply #10 - Aug 7th, 2005 at 8:23am

Ecstasy was created by the German army as a means to curb hunger... and lots of other drugs have been used by world military organizations in the recent past.
And I believe the joke was "American beer is like making love in a canoe". Tongue
Anyway...an alcohol mist? Can you say "fuel air explosion"? Yes? Excellent!  Grin
Alcohol can be used as an aid to get information. Force someone to drink huge amounts of whisky over a few days, while doing other nasty things to them, and they will probably cave in way faster. Also, it will help with keeping them in captivity. Not like anyone other then various special forces would ever need to do that, though.

The last time I saw a rainbow I threw my beard over it

IP Logged

britishslinger

Reply #11 - Aug 10th, 2005 at 7:43am

nope the jokes the right one
american beer dos lack any kind of flavour in my opinion
like drinking dish water

listen to old people

IP Logged

Hellfire
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Aug 10th, 2005 at 11:24am

Make your own beer, use the right hops. I think theres some website about a bowyer/brewer. Neat guy.
I tried some of that European beer once (German- relative went on a vacation in October- brought back some illegal bottles) pretty nice stuff. Not the right amount of something though- probably the way he packaged it.

IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Reply #13 - Aug 10th, 2005 at 12:44pm

One of the best reasons I have heard to come to Europe for a holiday is trying the different beers in the different countries. A huge selection you will find in Belgium and for Bitter and Ale you go to Britain but I am sure every country hides some beauties.

(For those of you who like the stronger stuff, every country hides some gems in that respect too.)

Willeke

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
Bad spellers of the world: untie!
IP Logged

english
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Aug 10th, 2005 at 3:18pm

Beer!  I got the Black Forest and find people talking about beer!  Fantastisch.  Did you know that in Germany, there was a law that prevented the sale of beer that was made from anything other than hops, barley and yeast?  This meant that Newcastle Broon (translation: brown ale) was not legal for sale, because it contains caramel and all sorts of chemicals, which are of course natural in Newcastle.  Also went to Alsace, had some Alsatian beer (yes, I've already broken my vow never to go to France).  In Belgium, en route to Stuttgart, had some Belgian beer - just some Jupiler, nothing fancy, but also bought some Hoegaarden, Leffe (Tripel, Blonde and the normal kind), and of course, when we got back to England, we were in Kent (Folkestone, where the Channel Tunnel is) and as Kent is famous for it's wonderful hops, had some beer there also.  Not to mention about a million varieties of eau de vie in Germany - regular schnapps, and poire william, himbeer, heidelbeer, all kinds.  Strong - really strong - stuff.
  I'm sorry America.  I can only find two beers I like from the US of A.  Sierra Nevada, which is just beautiful, almost European - tastes a bit like a Belgian non-witbier, and Sam Adams, which reminds me of Boston, of course.  But if someone offers me a Bud.... well, they'd better not.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: David Morningstar, Masiakasaurus, Bill Skinner, Chris, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini)